Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Calm down guys

I'm

22 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Yes but nobody really knows the story there - were there even any genuine bids? Was a deal done with Emi for him to see out the season and then move on?

If the two situations are identical as you imply, what's your explanation for us selling him now and not then?

We have no cash flow so we sold him...as we sold Godfrey and Lewis the year before. We need the cash as we don't have any.. the no need to sell quotes, turned out to be incorrect

Edited by Kenny Foggo

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I'm

We have no cash flow so we sold him...as we sold Godfrey and Lewis the year before. We need the cash as we don,t have any.. the no need to sell quotes turned out to be incorrect

No they didn't. There was (and remains) no financial need for us to sell any of our players. We sold Buendia because he wanted to leave.

PS. Decided which team you think is best yet?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You are one deluded geezer, if you think our current owners are the best we can get..pal!

I think he was under contract and would have played as he did this year. You have your answer how move on.cheers.

I think we could get better owners but if we take every ownership transfer in the last 15 years the odds on getting an owner who performs as well as ours (excluding the other benefits of actually caring, protecting the club and communicating with fans) is roughly 1 in 20.

Now, if I'm an Ipswich in the third tier in midtable then that 1 in 20 chance sounds slightly more appealing. But to give up what we have now for a 1 in 20 shot? The only logical conclusion is anyone wanting to take that offer really doesn't care much for the club.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You are one deluded geezer, if you think our current owners are the best we can get..pal!

I think he was under contract and would have played as he did this year. You have your answer how move on.cheers.

That’s not the answer to the question though, is it? It’s very evident indeed that you can’t admit that Emi didn’t want to be here next season. Which is kind of a big deal in this particular transfer. The one that wanted this to happen is the one without blame in your eyes.

And you’re doing that thing again that I note other posters have pulled you up on - making stuff up as you go along ala Michael and Delia. But I certainly do have a lot of respect for them for sure, they have some amazing qualities even if they don’t have the financial muscle that all those billionaire Saudi Arabian Norwich City fans do 👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

No they didn't. There was (and remains) no financial need for us to sell any of our players. We sold Buendia because he wanted to leave.

PS. Decided which team you think is best yet?

The team that had Buendia in it, which doesn't now. Said that three time now... Specsavers maybe? Has improved since we first went up... I am waiting😜

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

As we stronger than when we went down. No.

Clearly you know exactly who we are signing prior to the beginning of the 2021/22 and how good or bad they will make our ‘ team ‘. It seems a few people are copying and pasting the comments made when we sold Maddison, that proved to be absoloute rubbish. Emi has a PL relegation on his cv and as greater player as he is sometimes lesser players make you into a better team. Although I doubt it you never know he might add another relegation next year. We did not survive with Emi so maybe we will survive without him, who knows.

If you could enlighten us with the signings we are about to make that would be great as I can get on betfair early enough to make some good money.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I think we could get better owners but if we take every ownership transfer in the last 15 years the odds on getting an owner who performs as well as ours (excluding the other benefits of actually caring, protecting the club and communicating with fans) is roughly 1 in 20.

Now, if I'm an Ipswich in the third tier in midtable then that 1 in 20 chance sounds slightly more appealing. But to give up what we have now for a 1 in 20 shot? The only logical conclusion is anyone wanting to take that offer really doesn't care much for the club.

I think those odds are incorrect and given the Webber Sam's holding amongst this forum surely he could not fail? The odds would be much better with this recruitment team? If you don't think that then selling Buendia and giving them the money is really risky.

Anyway, I am done. Been good to chat / get it off my chest.. wish you all well otbc

Pond life

x

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

I think those odds are incorrect and given the Webber Sam's holding amongst this forum surely he could not fail? The odds would be much better with this recruitment team? If you don't think that then selling Buendia and giving them the money is really risky.

Oh wow! So now you want the new owners to keep all the current staff in place. Do you know how often that happens?

How many owners did Leeds ALONE have to go through to get to the one they have now? My odds are pretty weighted in your favour if you do your research.

None of these billionaire clubs hired Webber instead of us, did they? Our club did. With our current owners. Remember that.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The team that had Buendia in it, which doesn't now. Said that three time now... Specsavers maybe? Has improved since we first went up... I am waiting😜

I don't understand what you're waiting for, Kenny. That is the first post where you have given me an answer as to which team you prefer: the 2021 team. Thus rendering your original point that the first team hasn't improved since the model was implemented to be false.

If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, you need to do better at being honest about where you've messed up instead of constantly moving the goalposts.

I think the question you are asking me is: "Is our current squad better than the one that was promoted two years ago?". My answer is that I reckon they're currently about the same. Would it be fair for me to make a judgement once we've conducted all our transfer business and have a clearer picture of what our squad will look like for next season?

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I suppose if you keep moving the goalposts you'll EVENTUALLY have a point.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

We sold Buendia because he wanted to leave.

I suspect that Webber also wanted to sell a player, either Emi or Aarons, to raise money to fund a bit of a squad redesign and to pay off a bit of deadwood, just as he did when we sold Maddison.

In terms of players we've sold, other than Maddison which ones have gone on to show themselves capable of further developing? Pritchard, Lewis, and Josh Murphy fees looking like excellent business. Jacob Murphy has turned things around at Newcastle and is finally looking like he's good enough for them, but he cut that fine and lucky he got that second shot.

I do think that Emi is one who will go a level higher again. But can't really argue with Webber's record with outgoings, I can't think of a serious mistake - Ryan Bennett perhaps would have been useful to keep hold of, but he's hardly a world beater.

17 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Ever considered that he played as he did last season BECAUSE  he had been promised a way out and he was merely ' putting  himself in the shop window" ...as they say in football. You know, that game you struggle to understand cos it won't conform to your will.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Anyway, I am done. Been good to chat / get it off my chest.. wish you all well otbc

Pond life

x

Or, in other words, "people are making intelligent counter-arguments that I don't have the desire and/or capacity to counter, so I'm just going to chuck all my toys out the pram and flounce off now"

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I suppose if you keep moving the goalposts you'll EVENTUALLY have a point.

That IS his point, if he keeps moving the goal posts, he's always right, in his own head. 

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Or, in other words, "people are making intelligent counter-arguments that I don't have the desire and/or capacity to counter, so I'm just going to chuck all my toys out the pram and flounce off now"

I can honestly say I’ve tried to debate with him in largely a respectful manner, Wolfie - as I note you and Hogesar amongst others have also tried to do so - but there does come a point, and as soon as someone comes out with everyone’s insulting him just because they don’t agree with his constantly moving goalposts, and then he uses frequent insults himself, then sorry but I can’t really take that seriously! Water off a ducks back to be honest, which is rather apt as I’m now ‘pondlife’ 🦆😂

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I suspect that Webber also wanted to sell a player, either Emi or Aarons, to raise money to fund a bit of a squad redesign and to pay off a bit of deadwood, just as he did when we sold Maddison.

In terms of players we've sold, other than Maddison which ones have gone on to show themselves capable of further developing? Pritchard, Lewis, and Josh Murphy fees looking like excellent business. Jacob Murphy has turned things around at Newcastle and is finally looking like he's good enough for them, but he cut that fine and lucky he got that second shot.

I do think that Emi is one who will go a level higher again. But can't really argue with Webber's record with outgoings, I can't think of a serious mistake - Ryan Bennett perhaps would have been useful to keep hold of, but he's hardly a world beater.

Yeah, absolutely this. He's also made hardly any expensive signings that have turned out to be crap. I think Franke at circa £3m, Marshall at circa £1.5m and Husband at £1m were the only ones that look awful, and Buendia's transfer fee alone (while a bit short of what I expected) still covers those three flops five times over. 

Hugill and Placheta the jury's still out on, although Hugill has been okay in patches and Placheta is raw and could improve rapidly with the right coaching.

In 25 years of following this club while being old enough to have informed opinions about players, tactics and signings, the last four years have been the best by a distance. The best academy output by a million miles, the best style of football, and only Lambert came close in terms of signing players and improving them beyond all recognition.

That's not to say we should be ****-a-hoop with where we're at right now, but we should at least be able to look forward to the new season with a little more confidence than we did two years ago. If we go on to sell Max and Todd this summer too, and then spend peanuts on replacing them, I'll be the first one to come one here and voice my displeasure. I really don't think that will happen, though.

19 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I can honestly say I’ve tried to debate with him in largely a respectful manner, Wolfie - as I note you and Hogesar amongst others have also tried to do so - but there does come a point, and as soon as someone comes out with everyone’s insulting him just because they don’t agree with his constantly moving goalposts, and then he uses frequent insults himself, then sorry but I can’t really take that seriously! Water off a ducks back to be honest, which is rather apt as I’m now ‘pondlife’ 🦆😂

Appreciate the sentiment but its me we're talking about, I'm sure I didnt show respect on a post or three 😅😅

The problem i have with posters like him, is they always speak as if their opinions are fact. They don't say "I dont think we will sign anyone good", its always "we won't sign anyone good".

It goes a step further when they simply think you take our owners out, put rich ones in and it means everything stays the same apart from we have more money. I'm not sure having more money would have prevented Emi being sold anyway, but more to the point is the view they have that any new owner with money guarantees improvement on where we are when every single statistical variable available to us as fact suggests the odds are favoured strongly towards the opposite.

53 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He wasn’t calling you pond life. He was signing his message as such in jest because another poster called him that yesterday.

52 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, absolutely this. He's also made hardly any expensive signings that have turned out to be crap. I think Franke at circa £3m, Marshall at circa £1.5m and Husband at £1m were the only ones that look awful, and Buendia's transfer fee alone (while a bit short of what I expected) still covers those three flops five times over. 

Hugill and Placheta the jury's still out on, although Hugill has been okay in patches and Placheta is raw and could improve rapidly with the right coaching.

In 25 years of following this club while being old enough to have informed opinions about players, tactics and signings, the last four years have been the best by a distance. The best academy output by a million miles, the best style of football, and only Lambert came close in terms of signing players and improving them beyond all recognition.

That's not to say we should be ****-a-hoop with where we're at right now, but we should at least be able to look forward to the new season with a little more confidence than we did two years ago. If we go on to sell Max and Todd this summer too, and then spend peanuts on replacing them, I'll be the first one to come one here and voice my displeasure. I really don't think that will happen, though.

Drmic will be back at £50k a week next season. Amadou, Fahrmann, Duda all a waste of money. At premier league level Webber is yet to make a good signing. Not saying he won’t this summer but he’s got it all to prove and we need him to get it absolutely perfect now. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Drmic will be back at £50k a week next season. Amadou, Fahrmann, Duda all a waste of money. At premier league level Webber is yet to make a good signing. Not saying he won’t this summer but he’s got it all to prove and we need him to get it absolutely perfect now. 

Those were loan players, though, so the outlay was minimal and we were never going to be saddled with long-term contracts. Amadou had to play out of position because of the ridiculous run of injuries to CBs, Fahrmann was only a 'waste of money' because of the outstanding form of Krul, and Duda I agree was poor.

On balance, I accept that the only previous time Webber has recruited for a year in the PL our recruitment overall was poor, and that was borne out by our league position. I'm glad that most of us are prepared to bide our time and see what comes in and how they perform, but of course Webber must have a much better summer in the market than he had in 2019. I'm sure he would agree with that himself.

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Sure, but we've also got far more money to do it, and also we have it just before the window opens so we can attack our primary targets with far more confidence.

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He actually has money to spend this time though, which might make things easier.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

If we go on to sell Max and Todd this summer too, and then spend peanuts on replacing them, I'll be the first one to come one here and voice my displeasure. I really don't think that will happen, though.

Same, I'm at least going to wait until 1st July to decide whether to panic and get all snowflakey.

I'm pretty sure we'll do a fair bit of business this summer.

No idea where that will leave us when it comes to staying up this season, but I don't think our squad as it stands is good enough and if flogging a player is what is required to try and change that then I'm game.

53 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Agreed that this is a really important window which Webber needs to get right.

Now lets just hope that he does. 

Hasn't Webber already signed Gibson & Gianoulis. Two very good signings, so we're off to a good start!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Drmic will be back at £50k a week next season.

I seem to remember the club saying he won’t be on that sort of money this season if he’s still our player. I think he’ll be at another club before the season starts anyway.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

He wasn’t calling you pond life. He was signing his message as such in jest because another poster called him that yesterday.

Absolutely Jim.. was definitely not calling anyone pond life. That's me seemingly 😜

48 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Hasn't Webber already signed Gibson & Gianoulis. Two very good signings, so we're off to a good start!

Shhhh they don't count! And don't you dare mention it was him that signed Emi in the first place,  it causes some sort of short circuiting in their brains.