Sign in to follow this  
Buzz25uk

Players out on loan

As this season we have had a fair few players sent out on loan, what do we think is the next step for these players.

this is the list I have been able to find but maybe missing a couple.

First team

U23

Edited by Buzz25uk

Most of them will be shown the door, McCallum, Adshead and Famewo to stay and probably go out on loan again

18 minutes ago, Buzz25uk said:

As this season we have had a fair few players sent out on loan, what do we think is the next step for these players.

First team

U23

I think Sinani might be good from what I've seen, however he isnt ready for the Premier League.   If we were in the Championship still Id keep him and play him but I think he needs a Championship loan really. 

My two cents;

For squad: Possibly McCallum as backup for Dimi, but personally think it is more likely we will use Mumba/Sorensen

For loan: Sinani (needs a champ loan first I'd say), Adshead, Famewo, Bushiri, 

Sold/released: Trybull, Drmic, Heise, Klose, Thompson, Leitner and can imagine a number of youth's being released

I'd sell Sinani, Famewo and Bushiri - they just don't look like they will ever really make a contribution to Norwich's first team.

Give McCallum a pre-season with the first team and see how he looks, but another loan wouldn't be the end of the world.

Adshead needs another loan, maybe Holland or Belgium again. Same for Omotoye and Mair.

Sell the rest. Get the overall squad size down.

Biggest question marks are probably over Sitti and Soto - although wouldn't be surprised if both are sold this summer and loaned out if a buyer can't be found.

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'd sell Sinani, Famewo and Bushiri - they just don't look like they will ever really make a contribution to Norwich's first team.

Give McCallum a pre-season with the first team and see how he looks, but another loan wouldn't be the end of the world.

Adshead needs another loan, maybe Holland or Belgium again. Same for Omotoye and Mair.

Biggest question marks are probably over Sitti and Soto - although wouldn't be surprised if both are sold this summer and loaned out if a buyer can't be found.

Yeah Sinani couldn't make himself a starter at a bottom of the table Belgian team, I'm not thinking he's going to suddenly come into a Premier League squad. He's also 24 now so would take up a space in the 25 man squad. 

Famewo is the only one I don't totally agree with- he's had a good season by all accounts and part of me wonders if he may be a better backup/depth player than Zimmerman at this point. 

I think this is the second most interesting topic this summer, behind the first team transfers in and out. A lot of young players at a crossroads, we will probably have a good idea of who they think will make the cut by the end of the summer and who will be allowed to move on. At the end of the day I hope the lads that aren’t quite up to it can get their moves to league 1 and 2 clubs, just on a personal level to them rather than hanging around and using more years here or on loan winding down the contract. 

Very curious to see what happens with Adshesd, Soto, Sinani, Famewo and McCallum. All have been on loan, all have done well in their own right and all have also suffered a little through missing games for injury rather than just bad form, especially with regards Famewo and Sinani. I excepte them all to be involved with preseason before a decision is made.

Another one to mention is Josh Martin - assume we'd be looking to loan him out to the champ if he's not integrated with the first team squad.

We've also got Soto, Barden (assuming we sign Nyland), Oxborough, Mumba, Idah (if we sign another striker) and of course, Byram

I think we can assume Omobamidele will be in the first team

Omobamidele is an interesting example, what would have happened if we hadn't had the injuries to central defenders? 

He came into the first team squad with Omotoye who looked excellent for the U23's. Omotoye's career seems to have taken a step back because he's not getting enough minutes. I imagine the same thing would have happened to Omotoye purely because of his age. I would not expect he would have done as well as Famewo at Charlton. Certainly playing with people like Hanley and Krul has been a great advantage. 

Loaning players out doesn't seem to be working so well recently, we justify it by saying that we're giving them experience but then expect them to pull up trees. 

We sold Carlton Morris cheaply considering all his time at the club, perhaps he could have saved us the Hughill money? 

Getting back to the Prem was always the objective and I wonder if they expect these youngsters to get there directly via the lower leagues.

4 hours ago, Buzz25uk said:

First team

U23

Fitzpatrick missing at first glance

Lets sell all the also rans suggest unlikely to receive any fees for any of those mentioned.  Some are still under contract and will need pay offs to move on including Leitner, Trybull and Klose. 

Loans are psychologically very different to permanent moves - Morris probably wouldn't have found the form he has if we'd kept him. Young players not getting games on loan is as much a measure of their temperament and mental strength as their actual ability - I don't think you can write off a player like Sinani (someone who has scored goals internationally and in the Europa League) just because he has failed to light up the Belgian league.

Likewise Bushiri - you don't get to be a Belgian under 21 international by having no ability. Soto also clearly has something, as do several others.

The issue is whether there is a place for them and whether they are lucky - the point about Andrew O is a good one. Would he have floundered elsewhere? Maddison impressed at Aberdeen and was clearly talented, but didn't do much to show the player he would become until he started regularly for us and had the faith of his coach.

Depends somewhat on the expectation of Farke. Alex Neil was interesting when he commented about what he was asked to do- it wasn't the context for experimentation with untried players.

DF cannot get relegated again, realistically. The "free hits" he had last season in the Prem and the promotion year before meant that he had the time to blood many of those who now figure.

It won't be the same this time around I suspect and that means a low risk recruitment/squad strategy. He'll probably want more established/experienced  players. So I'd expect the great majority to be out on loan again or sold. 

Survival will probably come down to a handful of games against our relegation rivals, DF will want experienced heads in there.

11 hours ago, AJ said:

My two cents;

For squad: Possibly McCallum as backup for Dimi, but personally think it is more likely we will use Mumba/Sorensen

For loan: Sinani (needs a champ loan first I'd say), Adshead, Famewo, Bushiri, 

Sold/released: Trybull, Drmic, Heise, Klose, Thompson, Leitner and can imagine a number of youth's being released

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah Sinani couldn't make himself a starter at a bottom of the table Belgian team, I'm not thinking he's going to suddenly come into a Premier League squad. He's also 24 now so would take up a space in the 25 man squad. 

Famewo is the only one I don't totally agree with- he's had a good season by all accounts and part of me wonders if he may be a better backup/depth player than Zimmerman at this point. 

Only interested in the youngsters really. All the older ones are surplus to requirements, goes without saying.

MacCallum was the highest rated player according to whoscored for a mid table Championship team last year. He could cost £3m. I'd be shocked if he wasn't given a chance in preseason at least to prove his worth before we shell out money on someone that won't play.

Agreed on Famewo. Another who I think will be given a chance preseason, although I expect it will end in a Championship loan. We all know how good Zimbo was in the champs two years ago, but that was two years ago, and to go into a season in the premier league relying on his fitness would be crazy after what happened last time. We'll keep him, but wouldn't be surprised if he was as a fifth choice option to avoid a repeat. Bushiri got no hopes for, O'Mebamidele will be here competing for first team. I'd also think Mumba will stay as cover, although preseason will probably be a good indicator of where we see him playing long term. Is he an Aarons replacement?

Sinani was playing amateur football until 12 months ago. Really keen to hang on to him and get him playing in English football; the risk to reward is skewed so much in our favour, he'll be on pennies and with two years of professional coaching who knows. Grant Holt was playing in Singapore at his age.

Josh Martin ideally a championship loan. Adshead, I honestly have no idea what level he is at. Championship? Is he still highly thought of?

Idah is staying, that has essentially been confirmed. The lad needs confidence and I see the early statement/pinkun leak about him staying as an attempt to get him settled and ready for next year.  I'd probably have Soto ahead of Hugill just for the wildcard factor but that says more about the fact Hoogs isn't going to offer much next year IMHO than Soto's suitability. Soto champs loan ideally, Hoogs we'll struggle to move on. A poor signing in hindsight. Omotoye has huge promise but is miles off the first team, another to go on loan.

All in all lots of promising youth prospects to pad the squad out if needs be. First team football is great, but we have first class facilities and coaching staff, and so it's not always the end of the world for players to spend half a season here.

19 minutes ago, Krul Mistress said:

... I'd probably have Soto ahead of Hugill just for the wildcard factor but that says more about the fact Hoogs isn't going to offer much next year IMHO than Soto's suitability. Soto champs loan ideally, Hoogs we'll struggle to move on. A poor signing in hindsight. ...

Despite my acquired cynicism about posts and posters on here, I’m still surprised by the attitude to Hugill. He’s barely played but despite that has done what could realistically have been asked of him. Obviously he’s never going to be Harry Kane, but with Pukki firing again he wasn’t going to get past him. What exactly could he have achieved in the minutes he got beyond what he did? 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'd give Famewo more time, late developer, had a brilliant start at Charlton before injury, plus he's a left footed centre back and they are difficult to find!

6 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Likewise Bushiri - you don't get to be a Belgian under 21 international by having no ability. 

We keep loaning him to tiny clubs who then don't really use him though? So its an odd one.

Also, if you look at any Under 21 squad from 10 years ago you'll find players who didn't make it.

I just tried that randomly with Belgium and found a player who now plays for a small team in Kazhakstan, after a spell in Moldova, had two years without a club.

Just tried the exact same with England U21 and Miles Addison is playing for Stratford Town in the Southern League Premier Division Central. Zavon Hines was last at Bromley.

24 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Despite my acquired cynicism about posts and posters on here, I’m still surprised by the attitude to Hugill. He’s barely played but despite that has done what could realistically have been asked of him. Obviously he’s never going to be Harry Kane, but with Pukki firing again he wasn’t going to get past him. What exactly could he have achieved in the minutes he got beyond what he did? 

Hugill's goals per minute is actually quite good, he's just not had a run of games to get going and when he did was sadly scuppered by injury. He gives us another dimension which could be useful in the more physical games next season. Plus it's fairly officially he's a big part of the changing room, I've no doubt he will play his part next season, he'll want to prove himself

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Nothing against him at all. Just being realistic. I think he's a good character who has done as well as can be expected given his lack of minutes and a system that doesn't really fit him. But you have to admit that if we could even get half back what we had paid for him and him off the wage bill we probably would, no?

14 minutes ago, Krul Mistress said:

Nothing against him at all. Just being realistic. I think he's a good character who has done as well as can be expected given his lack of minutes and a system that doesn't really fit him. But you have to admit that if we could even get half back what we had paid for him and him off the wage bill we probably would, no?

I want to say no, but actually I will happily defer to whatever the club decide. 

We’ve had a few second or even third choice strikers who in retrospect we’ve thought could have done a job, when we need an extra man up front.

IMHO it’s too early to write Jordan off as we have little evidence of how he can play in Farke’s team. As AJ said, he’s not had a run of games and we have seen time and time again what a difference that makes. Exhibit A - Grant Hanley, runner up player of the season.

• Like 1