Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

International watch

Recommended Posts

I see Sinani is starting for Luxembourg tonight against Ireland - he seems to be a bit of a forgotten man for many of us.

I don’t think Giannoulis played for Greece the other day, and fortunately Krul had a nice and easy time of things today; it’s the u21s and Scotland playing again tomorrow...I’m certainly in two minds as to whether I want our lads to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luxembourg aren’t quite the whipping boys of yesteryear, and Ireland aren’t as good as they used to be....could easily be an upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

The Lux no11 Thill looked pretty decent, though probably not PL good.

Weren’t we linked with him before his move to France? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I see Sinani is starting for Luxembourg tonight against Ireland - he seems to be a bit of a forgotten man for many of us.

I don’t think Giannoulis played for Greece the other day, and fortunately Krul had a nice and easy time of things today; it’s the u21s and Scotland playing again tomorrow...I’m certainly in two minds as to whether I want our lads to play.

Dimi may not have been fully fit with suspected concussion so might have been rested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just seen a prematch quote from Boothroyd, apparently despite losing the opening game we were ‘still on course’....hmm. Those are hardly stats for a decent side looking for a win.

Good to see Pukki scored again tonight 🙂

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krul playing again for Netherlands, but it’s Gibraltar so unlikely to be busy; shouldn’t have too much trouble getting back to blighty for the PNE game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Luxembourg clearly aren’t the whipping boys they used to be!

...boo - Portugal equalised just before half time 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Krul playing again for Netherlands, but it’s Gibraltar so unlikely to be busy; shouldn’t have too much trouble getting back to blighty for the PNE game

A second international clean sheet in a matter of days, didn't have to do a lot and will be good for his confidence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sinani didnt look bad tbh, against decent opposition too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AJ said:

A second international clean sheet in a matter of days, didn't have to do a lot and will be good for his confidence

Does it mean much getting a clean sheet if the team you're playing against doesn't get a single shot on target against you and only had like 15 percent possession?

 

He might as well have been sunbathing 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should play against England u21 - we’ve had one shot on target in their tournament so far.  Boothroyd has a point that he’s onto a bit of a loser - the better players just go into the senior ranks , and several who he thought he might have playing for him are with the main squad - but there’s still more than enough talent there if used properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

He should play against England u21 - we’ve had one shot on target in their tournament so far.  Boothroyd has a point that he’s onto a bit of a loser - the better players just go into the senior ranks , and several who he thought he might have playing for him are with the main squad - but there’s still more than enough talent there if used properly.

He's utterly failed at every tournament and, as someone on here pointed out, the players have gone from the likes of Pep, Klopp, and Farke to a dinosaur who was bombed out by Coventry and Northampton..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a yes man at the end of the day. Granted a lot of the u21’s did get called up but looking at that squad, there is still a surplus of talent in there. No excuses. Every top nation has that issue. Never rated him as a manager at club level. Must have been laughing when he was hired especially as he hasn’t done anything at club level to warrant it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great. So five of our ten first-choice outfielders have started for their countries today: Aarons and Skipp (England U21), Kenny and Hanley (Scotland) and Giannoulis (Greece). Cantwell, Placheta and Pukki also on the bench tonight. We have been utterly screwed over by the Football League, it's a disgrace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh great. So five of our ten first-choice outfielders have started for their countries today: Aarons and Skipp (England U21), Kenny and Hanley (Scotland) and Giannoulis (Greece). Cantwell, Placheta and Pukki also on the bench tonight. We have been utterly screwed over by the Football League, it's a disgrace.

You mustn’t mention it . You will be accused of pant wetting (whatever that is ?) 

Of course it’s a disgrace . We will either have to rest these players against Preston or risk over use injury . One day to recover (on a plane/bus/car) is ridiculous. I’m surprised the PFA haven’t had more to say in the matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh great. So five of our ten first-choice outfielders have started for their countries today: Aarons and Skipp (England U21), Kenny and Hanley (Scotland) and Giannoulis (Greece). Cantwell, Placheta and Pukki also on the bench tonight. We have been utterly screwed over by the Football League, it's a disgrace.

It is a disgrace....I'm not sure 'we' have been screwed over though as there is a full championship fixture list on Friday...and then on Monday (other than a couple of games of Tuesday including us)

Clearly after this international break ,these next 2 rounds of fixtures should have been Sat/Tues... and I cant really see a reason as to why they aren't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It is a disgrace....I'm not sure 'we' have been screwed over though as there is a full championship fixture list on Friday...and then on Monday (other than a couple of games of Tuesday including us)

Clearly after this international break ,these next 2 rounds of fixtures should have been Sat/Tues... and I cant really see a reason as to why they aren't

An old fashioned obsession with Easter . Which given lockdown and no fans is a bit bonkers . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

An old fashioned obsession with Easter . Which given lockdown and no fans is a bit bonkers . 

You could see that if the Premier League were playing on Good Friday too...but they arent until Saturday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...