pete

Arsenal take out £120m loan

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Got Leeds correct though didn’t I 👍

Maybe you'd be better off supporting them?

23 hours ago, king canary said:

While I generally agree that the statitstic is overplayed I'm not sure I agree with this part.

The way we're playing this season means we're scoring less than we were two seasons back and, conversely, more reliant on Buendia than ever. 

Last season he scored or assisted 20 times out of 93 goals (roughly 21% of our goals), this season he's scored or assisted 13 times out of 31 goals (around 41%) suggesting he's having even more of an influence than he did two seasons back.

We could really do with the supporting cast in attack finding their shooting boots to help out Emi and Teemu. Fingers crossed Todd and Dowell can do that.

We could really do with Teemu re-finding his shooting boots as well. He could easily have scored 7 or 8 goals in our last 3 or 4 games but his finishing has been off since junior Pukki arrived. 

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think we did too, I don’t think Liverpool actually really wanted him and unfortunately he was just used to sign their real target. 

You think too much. When its the right time Emi will leave ,or not, no amount of 'thinking' will have any effect on the outcome. Chill the Farke out.

I’m not going to start a Arsenal Newcastle thread but seriously - Willock looks totally out of his depth. 

I value EMI at 40m and Willock less than Oxborough 

4 missed passes and gone down like pantomime dame and got Carroll booked. 

He is not the material we need ... hope DF watching 

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

I’m not going to start a Arsenal Newcastle thread but seriously - Willock looks totally out of his depth. 

I value EMI at 40m and Willock less than Oxborough 

4 missed passes and gone down like pantomime dame and got Carroll booked. 

He is not the material we need ... hope DF watching 

I was thinking the same thing. It's a big no from me if Arsenal are thinking of trading him in. 

Have to say Emi would look great in that Arsenal team.

• Like 1

I’m still predicting a deadline day £4m bid for Buendia from Arsenal and then just being totally bemused that little old Norwich would reject such an offer and us calling emi Buendia into a conference call and explaining to him he’ll be back in the premier league with us soon and if he wants to play for a big club we’ll find you an actual big club, not arsenal.

Wrighty not exactly endorsing Willock performance 

“He needs to be busting a gut”

i think Newcastle need EMI 😂😂😂

I think Emi would rather go back to Spain, much better weather.  Athletico as La Liga Champs might suit a better option than Arsenal Madrid weather not looking so good at moment.

17 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I get frustrated watching us sometimes, but watching Arsenal play takes that to a whole new level. If only Newcastle had a bit more about them.....mind you Murphy looks good.

Why do I get the feeling we are gonna end up drawning arsenal in the cup?

On 08/01/2021 at 12:00, dylanisabaddog said:

11 games

9 points

We are talking about arguably the most gifted player we've ever seen in a Norwich shirt. It's why we're asking £40m.

Selling Emi would be like taking the battery out of a very expensive watch. 

Sorry but I can't agree with this.

There is essentially a month in age between Maddison and Buendia. It was clear to see that Maddison could bare such an influence over a game in the season he played solidly for us at aged 21.

I think making these sorts of statements are a bit OTT.

Stat wise, this season, out of 13 games that he has made appearances in, Norwich have only lost one game Cantwell has been involved in. That was the 1-0 away defeat to Watford.

Buendia on the other hand, has been involved in two losses, the Watford game and the Luton game. However, he has made 20 appearances.

Now, I am not arguing the influence of both players is the same or that one is better than the other. Just that this stats are crazy. I'm sure someone like Mumba's look half decent at the moment. It's never a very good argument without context.

That said I really don't want us to lose Buendia - and I hope to god we don't. But if the plan is for him to persist with set pieces I really hope they make him work on them in practice more. His corners often struggle to beat the first man and that just isn't good enough when we now have a side with a number of 6'+ players like Sorenson, McLean as well as the two CB's, Dowell and Hugill when they are on the pitch etc.

2 hours ago, chicken said:

Sorry but I can't agree with this.

There is essentially a month in age between Maddison and Buendia. It was clear to see that Maddison could bare such an influence over a game in the season he played solidly for us at aged 21.

I think making these sorts of statements are a bit OTT.

Stat wise, this season, out of 13 games that he has made appearances in, Norwich have only lost one game Cantwell has been involved in. That was the 1-0 away defeat to Watford.

Buendia on the other hand, has been involved in two losses, the Watford game and the Luton game. However, he has made 20 appearances.

Now, I am not arguing the influence of both players is the same or that one is better than the other. Just that this stats are crazy. I'm sure someone like Mumba's look half decent at the moment. It's never a very good argument without context.

That said I really don't want us to lose Buendia - and I hope to god we don't. But if the plan is for him to persist with set pieces I really hope they make him work on them in practice more. His corners often struggle to beat the first man and that just isn't good enough when we now have a side with a number of 6'+ players like Sorenson, McLean as well as the two CB's, Dowell and Hugill when they are on the pitch etc.

I can only repeat 9 points from 11 games. Eleven games is quite a large sample statistically. Of the Championship games in which he has played we have recorded the equivalent of 107 points from 46 games which would be a Championship record. 

I quite agree that Cantwell is a very talented player but we're asking £20m for Cantwell and £40m for Buendia. You may think I'm wrong but do you want to argue with Farke and Webber? 

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I can only repeat 9 points from 11 games. Eleven games is quite a large sample statistically. Of the Championship games in which he has played we have recorded the equivalent of 107 points from 46 games which would be a Championship record. 

I quite agree that Cantwell is a very talented player but we're asking £20m for Cantwell and £40m for Buendia. You may think I'm wrong but do you want to argue with Farke and Webber? 

This is also because Todd only has 18 months left on his contract; if he was on the same contract as Emi then I'm sure we'd be asking more.

24 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is also because Todd only has 18 months left on his contract; if he was on the same contract as Emi then I'm sure we'd be asking more.

Nonsense. He had 2 years on his contract in the summer. 

53 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's interesting that you take this line of debate when it wasn't the one I was making. I wasn't comparing player value. Just that the statistics being thrown about without any real context are a bit useless.

I wasn't arguing that Cantwell is a better player either. I just chose him because his stats prove the point I was making.

52 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's interesting that you take this line of debate when it wasn't the one I was making. I wasn't comparing player value. Just that the statistics being thrown about without any real context are a bit useless.

I wasn't arguing that Cantwell is a better player either. I just chose him because his stats prove the point I was making.

9 points from 11 games. £40m

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

9 points from 11 games. £40m

Yeah, no, that's not how it works but never mind.

Not only that, you haven't actually attempted to counter anything I've said so I'll just save you your next response.

"9 points from 11 games. £40m"

37 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yeah, no, that's not how it works but never mind.

Not only that, you haven't actually attempted to counter anything I've said so I'll just save you your next response.

"9 points from 11 games. £40m"

I'm sorry but you haven't made any valid points. Just a rant really that didn't make much sense. I'm reassured that at least Norwich City staff are aware of Buendia's value. If you can't see it with your own eyes there's not much I can do. We have won an extraordinary number of games by the odd goal this season. Emi either scored or was directly involved in a huge number of them. The general consensus in the professional world is that he is the best player in the division and that is an opinion that Farke has openly stated.

Statistics don't lie and it was of course statistics that led us to him in the first place. You may think it's a coincidence that we have only managed 9 points in 11 games without him but I don't. But I'm not just relying on statistics. I have seen him do things with a football in the last couple of years that I've not seen another Norwich player manage in 50 years. Only Maddison comes close. 

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm sorry but you haven't made any valid points. Just a rant really that didn't make much sense.

Hahahaha. Nice try. I haven't ranted at all.

I disagreed with you when you said he is the most gifted player we have ever had. And I said why. Strangely, you haven't revisited that.

I then said that stats without context don't support anything and gave a set of stats on Cantwell to show you what I meant. Since saying that, you haven't argued it, you have confirmed it by then elaborating by talking about assists and goals.

However, what you have argued is who is better. Despite me underlining that was not my point in my post:

If you go back and read my post, you'll see it isn't a rant. But a disagreement with Buendia being the "most gifted player we have ever had" and your use of a single set of stats to support that view.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Hahahaha. Nice try. I haven't ranted at all.

I disagreed with you when you said he is the most gifted player we have ever had. And I said why. Strangely, you haven't revisited that.

I then said that stats without context don't support anything and gave a set of stats on Cantwell to show you what I meant. Since saying that, you haven't argued it, you have confirmed it by then elaborating by talking about assists and goals.

However, what you have argued is who is better. Despite me underlining that was not my point in my post:

If you go back and read my post, you'll see it isn't a rant. But a disagreement with Buendia being the "most gifted player we have ever had" and your use of a single set of stats to support that view.

And you've ignored the stats from this seasons games. And the views of every professional pundit. And most of all the views of Farke and Webber. You clearly aren't interested in my view. Do you value theirs. I think they know rather more than you or me. 

On 10/01/2021 at 13:26, pete said:

I think Emi would rather go back to Spain, much better weather.  Athletico as La Liga Champs might suit a better option than Arsenal Madrid weather not looking so good at moment.

Have you seen the snow falls in Spain? 

49 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have you seen the snow falls in Spain? 

I think  Peteos post makes a  bit more sense with a full stop between Arsenal  and  Madrid. Or a ' but'. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think  Peteos post makes a  bit more sense with a full stop between Arsenal  and  Madrid. Or a ' but'. 

I get you. 

21 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Er, yeah... and six months have passed since the summer. Think you may have made a miscalculation, old boy... his contract expires in July 2022, which is 18 months away.

47 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Er, yeah... and six months have passed since the summer. Think you may have made a miscalculation, old boy... his contract expires in July 2022, which is 18 months away.

18+6 = 24 months which is 2 years. Am I missing something? We were looking for £15/£20m in the summer 

22 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He probably had 3 when this thread started. 😉

Perhaps you can both agree to disagree?