Sign in to follow this  
damn that Ralph Coates!

Justin Fashanu - 30 yrs anniversary

The goal is possibly the best ever scored in English football for me. It's just such a creative and stunning strike from absolutely nowhere. Good article.

If you didn't catch it the other week, Thetford player/manager Matt Morton also shared his story with the news outlets. Quite a compelling read.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12101342/coming-out-day-thetford-town-fc-player-manager-matt-morton-shares-his-story

Edited by kick it off

Not sure on the Wallace one, but the Le Tiss would defo be in the convo. Yeboah had a couple of contenders too but Fashanu's shades it for me.

Great goals! 

It's a shame 30 years on there has been little change on homosexuality in the sport. Good on the Thetford chap, can't be easy! We should give him our full support 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Not sure on the Wallace one, but the Le Tiss would defo be in the convo. Yeboah had a couple of contenders too but Fashanu's shades it for me.

Fashanu's goal is the kind Ibrahimovic would score, which is high praise. Myself I prefer moves. I remember a goal in a televised game against Man Utd when Ferguson seemed on the verge of the sack, and I think all the outfield players were involved except whoever was playing left-back and there was a backheel pass at one point, and it ended with Fleck playing a one-two with Townsend (I think) before driving the ball past Leighton.

Edited by PurpleCanary

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Unbelievable that the goal scored by Fashanu was 40 years ago.

I think I nearly feel the same level of excitement as I did on the day it was scored.....  40 years.

And the pride of a yellow winning the Goal of the Season on MOTD.

57 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

I love the commentary on that goal, it just makes it all the sweeter.

This bit particularly tickles me: “surely one of the best goals they’ve seen here at Carrow Road this season

Reminds me of a certain municipal pool security man.

In 1981, no-one scored a goal like that.

In 1982, no-one scored a goal like that.

In 1983, no-one scored a goal like that.

In 1984... i mean, I could go on.

• Haha 1

Shame that the tribute to Justin on TV last night was spoilt somewhat by the inclusion of his brother , who as those of us of that era, all know, as Justin's life deteriorated, would have nothing to do with him, wouldn't support him................nothing.  If I'd had a brick handy I'd have been shopping for a new telly this morning.

I always hoped that polite young man found peace in the end.  Thank you for the memories Justin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

This bit particularly tickles me: “surely one of the best goals they’ve seen here at Carrow Road this season

Reminds me of a certain municipal pool security man.

In 1981, no-one scored a goal like that.

In 1982, no-one scored a goal like that.

In 1983, no-one scored a goal like that.

In 1984... i mean, I could go on.

"There was the incident with the pigeon..."

• Thanks 1

That goal was sublime, the pitch wasn’t what we have now, the ball was like a ten pin bowling ball to control, turn and hit as he did was brilliant. Loved the guy, great time back then to be a City supporter, Peters & Keelan in that team. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Indy said:

That goal was sublime, the pitch wasn’t what we have now, the ball was like a ten pin bowling ball to control, turn and hit as he did was brilliant. Loved the guy, great time back then to be a City supporter, Peters & Keelan in that team. 

Fashanu's goal for me because he had his back to goal

the other goals are all Magic but they are all either running towards the goal  or facing it when striking the ball so can see everything in front

Fash just knew where the goal was 

i was there as a 8 year old on my brothers shoulders 

• Like 2