A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

27 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think the Tory party is now completely shot.

Punch drunk and unable to perform.

Rishi Sunak surely knows that the Tories will get stuffed at the next GE, so why prolong the agony?  He has nothing to lose, and it would hand over to Labour just what they won't want - ongoing industrial action in the public sector.

Call a GE now.  Don't rule it out.

Edited by benchwarmer

Johnson the Corrupt has earned £2M since he got the boot in September from speaking engagements etc. He is going to sit with Dopey Dorries on Talk TV and tell the 100 or so viewers (I guess you can get that channel in prison) how bad Labour are, how Brexit was good and what a good egg he really was.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Johnson the Corrupt has earned £2M since he got the boot in September from speaking engagements etc. He is going to sit with Dopey Dorries on Talk TV and tell the 100 or so viewers (I guess you can get that channel in prison) how bad Labour are, how Brexit was good and what a good egg he really was.

So how come he had to ask a mate to lend him £800,000?  Not another divorce settlement, surely?

4 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

Rishi Sunak surely knows that the Tories will get stuffed at the next GE, so why prolong the agony?  He has nothing to lose, and it would hand over to Labour just what they won't want - ongoing industrial action in the public sector.

Ah...but don't forget this is what all Tory voters actually think!

And I'm not actually joking.

IMG_20221118_222855.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Ah...but don't forget this is what all Tory voters actually think!

And I'm not actually joking.

IMG_20221118_222855.jpg

I bet half the blue wall would still say not voting Labour because of Corbyn.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

I think they are holding out for the boundary commission changes to be made, which wins them far more seats unless there is more than a 15% swing. Those changes will likely lead to a hung Parliament with Labour holding most seats.

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 1

I would recommend this article to everyone here. Very interesting insight into the world of the city financier network. It also explains (though not explicitly) why any levelling up will never take place, why all of the unwashed masses are an irrelevance. It shows what Sunak is up to and why in his financial deregulation aims.

Privilege and connections. 

Every time I watch Sunak address people - like this morning, he isn't being true to them. He can say "listen folk, you are very important" ...the fact is you're not. Forget any reduction in inequality for the next generation. What we face is a continued widening of income disparity. Ergo, we face huge increases in crime and breakdown in our institutions. Trickle down won't support the demographic changes we face. Any economic growth will not be felt equally but will amplify wealth inequalities.

We are, as the article says, a very poor country with some really rich people. A closed shop that resists any investigation. No wonder Zahawi took so long to go.

These folk can manipulate your feelings and are also very good at protecting themselves. It's how Brexit was "done".

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/30/england-old-boys-club-zahawi-wealthy-network?

Great article (Nesrine Malik).

Ps. We never had a revolution. We have private schools. We have a monarchy. We had a feudal system and this continues in a different form (the financial system) and too many people today still doff their cap, are too soft, not curious nor want to change a status quo.

Today's rant over. Apologies. Will aim to reduce such posts. Pointless posting by me onto a non football forum 😂

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

I would recommend this article to everyone here. Very interesting insight into the world of the city financier network. It also explains (though not explicitly) why any levelling up will never take place, why all of the unwashed masses are an irrelevance. It shows what Sunak is up to and why in his financial deregulation aims.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/30/england-old-boys-club-zahawi-wealthy-network?

If ever there was a case for keeping the centre of government separate from the centre of commerce, this is it. 

It's a feature of many modern democracies including the US, Canada, Germany, Australia and the Netherlands.

Stop wasting billions on refurbishing the Houses of Parliament - which weren't fit for purpose in the first place - and relocate about 200 miles north. 

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Blimey normally easy to decide who is lying but in this case who knows. Johnson says Putin threatened him before the Russians invaded Ukraine, Putin says he is a liar !

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Blimey normally easy to decide who is lying but in this case who knows. Johnson says Putin threatened him before the Russians invaded Ukraine, Putin says he is a liar !

Why has Johnson come out with this now, nearly a year after the event?  Because he wants to divert attention from Zahawigate, and (especially) Sharpgate since he's up to his neck in it.

I suspect that Putin made a general comment about the consequences of war, not directed at Johnson in particular, which the latter has taken out of context to use for his own purposes.

Edited by benchwarmer

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Yes, that is quite a tricky one 😀

But it very much reminds me of when Dominic Cummings, another well-known liar, was issueing snippets of info which directly contradicted Johnson's version of events. Of course we probably will never know the full truth but the ****'s version seemed far more credible and did at least chime better with facts that were already in the public domain and in a few cases were corroborrated by other people.

DC's version may also have been airbrushed a bit to make himself appear better but it seemed pretty clear that his at least contained elements of truth whilst Johnson's version was just the usual pack of complete whoppers.

So my guess is that the same applies here and Johnson's ego is really struggling with the total lack of attention he is receiving from the media. Still, I have some good news for him on that front - the Priviledges committee are soon going to start work seriously on his case of lying repeatedly to Parliament, so he he will be front page news again quite soon although hopefully perhaps not quite the news he will be looking for.  😀

Edited by Creative Midfielder
Apparently ****'s gets asterisked, who'd have thought?

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

So my guess is that the same applies here and Johnson's ego is really struggling with the total lack of attention he is receiving from the media. Still, I have some good news for him on that front - the Priviledges committee are soon going to start work seriously on his case of lying repeatedly to Parliament, so he he will be front page news again quite soon although hopefully perhaps not quite the news he will be looking for.  😀

More likely Johnson has his new book to sell soon. And he is starting to drip feed snippets that make his world sound interesting.

Just like Harry for his "Spare" 'tome' (😅). 

We might have a go at predicting the title of Johnson's? 

"Cincinnatus to Johnson,  Roman Gods for our times"

"How I made cardboard buses (and fooled a nation) "

"Look, there's a dead cat"...the Cult that is Boris"

His £500k advance is almost double that of Hancock's jungle episode pay off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sonyc said:

Privilege and connections. 

Every time I watch Sunak address people - like this morning, he isn't being true to them. He can say "listen folk, you are very important" ...the fact is you're not. Forget any reduction in inequality for the next generation. What we face is a continued widening of income disparity. Ergo, we face huge increases in crime and breakdown in our institutions. Trickle down won't support the demographic changes we face. Any economic growth will not be felt equally but will amplify wealth inequalities.

We are, as the article says, a very poor country with some really rich people. A closed shop that resists any investigation. No wonder Zahawi took so long to go.

These folk can manipulate your feelings and are also very good at protecting themselves. It's how Brexit was "done".

Ps. We never had a revolution. We have private schools. We have a monarchy. We had a feudal system and this continues in a different form (the financial system) and too many people today still doff their cap, are too soft, not curious nor want to change a status quo.

Today's rant over. Apologies. Will aim to reduce such posts. Pointless posting by me onto a non football forum 😂

Good post SC.

I have a funny little anecdotal story to tell which I suppose might make me biased. May have told it before - sorry.

At Uni many many years ago (scary number of decades) - I'm a grammar school lad of very very modest background - fell for a girl (dates, proms etc) but my rival for this femme fatal was none other than the ex Head boy of Harrow. Ever felt outclassed? None of us won out in the end - last I heard via the extended grape vine is she was down KGs way.

To be fair he was actually a decent bloke.

26 minutes ago, sonyc said:

More likely Johnson has his new book to sell soon. And he is starting to drip feed snippets that make his world sound interesting.

Just like Harry for his "Spare" 'tome' (😅). 

We might have a go at predicting the title of Johnson's? 

"Cincinnatus to Johnson,  Roman Gods for our times"

"How I made cardboard buses (and fooled a nation) "

"Look, there's a dead cat"...the Cult that is Boris"

His £500k advance is almost double that of Hancock's jungle episode pay off.

This one's taken sadly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies_and_the_Lying_Liars_Who_Tell_Them

So with this new law the NHS will be more staffed on strike days, than on non strike days.

Can you imagine them sacking one of us ? The government would be brought down !. They really are clueless.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No it won't reignite the debate, because outside a teensy weensy minority, everybody's bored to death with debating something where the die is cast.

Cant Hear You Lalala GIF - Cant Hear You Lalala Jim Carrey - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 1

Looks like the BBC and others now want to undermine Rishi Sunak and his sidekick bully boy Raab after their ex party chairman tried to defraud the HMRC and get away with it.

Sadly but not unexpected from this propaganda organ, their default is odious to say the least. A known self aggrandising liar who yesterday claimed that Putin has threatened to nuke his no. 10 back garden party, played out all day on their channels.

Insecurity is not just permeating the shallow debates about Zahawis navel fluff, ignoring all strikes, hardship of nurses firefighters and the need to acct more sustainable in everything we do, its is also creeping into the Moloch bbc too big and too obsessed with its own survival, when its becoming apparent that many people now look at blogs and elsewhere to find better journalism and less bias towards a rotten system.

They are bogging up Bojo to generate support for the red and blue Tories waiting in the wings. They would love to see us all get excited about a Johnson vs. Starmer contest.

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's an ironic assertion what with your determination to avoid moving on.

"If you won't admit your problem you can't fix your problem."

Just think of me as your therapist. (That'll be £250 please. I accept Paypal but not cheques.😀)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It transpires that the bloke who Sunak appointed to investigate the Shaw/Johnson fiasco has been forced to stand down as one of those awful journalist people found out that he is friends with Shaw. You really couldn't make this up. 

I remain convinced that there must be some intelligent and decent Conservative MPs out there.  I can't see any way of forcing an early election so we are relying on those with a brain to take over and get us through the next couple of years. Suggestions anyone? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It transpires that the bloke who Sunak appointed to investigate the Shaw/Johnson fiasco has been forced to stand down as one of those awful journalist people found out that he is friends with Shaw. You really couldn't make this up. 

I remain convinced that there must be some intelligent and decent Conservative MPs out there.  I can't see any way of forcing an early election so we are relying on those with a brain to take over and get us through the next couple of years. Suggestions anyone? 

I read about that. In normal (non-corrupt) institutions you'd think that the investigator would simply have said at the outset "but I know him really well. I can't do it". That would be the usual thing to do.

If you know you are compromised by any kind of conflict of interest you stay clear and you make it known (in writing too very often). Now it has to happen because a journo discovers something and it is forced. I wonder even if Zahawi would have had to go if not for journalistic pressure? 

See my link from the other day DIABD:-

15 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I read about that. In normal (non-corrupt) institutions you'd think that the investigator would simply have said at the outset "but I know him really well. I can't do it". That would be the usual thing to do.

If you know you are compromised by any kind of conflict of interest you stay clear and you make it known (in writing too very often). Now it has to happen because a journo discovers something and it is forced. I wonder even if Zahawi would have had to go if not for journalistic pressure? 

See my link from the other day DIABD:-

That article reminds me that Sunak was involved in brokering the RBS acquisition of ABN Amro (without due diligence) and Javid was MD of Deutsche Bank when it played a major role in crashing the world economy. I can't think of anywhere else (perhaps America) where two people with that history would go on to be in charge of their country's finances. 

It also reminds me of being interviewed by Frank Field for a research role. I didn't get it but he was looking at the advantages of being educated at a good quality public school. He established that an average child at Eton would achieve exam results 40% higher than an average student in an average Comprehensive. His take on this was different to the usual response that the ordinary child is the one that suffers. His view was that it is the UK that suffers because the wrong people end up in the top jobs and cause damage to the country as a whole. 

Then Labour lost an election and his report simply disappeared.  

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's an ironic assertion what with your determination to avoid moving on.

I think you'll find we've all moved on, from predicting that Brexit would be very damaging to the UK to a point it has been proven to be very damaging to the UK.

Given the pretty abysmal current state of the UK I would imagine that most of us are fervently hoping that we will 'move on' again, and I assume that includes you since, if I'm not very much mistaken, you've started a new thread specifically  to discuss what the next move might be.

• Like 2