A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

47 minutes ago, Herman said:

Unlike a few in Whitehall she clearly isn't going to risk her reputation on these clowns. Fair play to her.👏

Downing St has just announced that the Gray report will be published in full. Clearly after Johnson's shambolic performance, Tory backbenchers have threatened to send in their letters to the 22 Committee. So Johnson lurches from crisis to crisis desperately trying to save his own neck while the country faces a sh*tstorm of problems that will devastate the lives of many people struggling to survive. How did this country fall so low in such a short period of time?

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Downing St has just announced that the Gray report will be published in full. Clearly after Johnson's shambolic performance, Tory backbenchers have threatened to send in their letters to the 22 Committee. So Johnson lurches from crisis to crisis desperately trying to save his own neck while the country faces a sh*tstorm of problems that will devastate the lives of many people struggling to survive. How did this country fall so low in such a short period of time?

What I read was he will publish in full the next Gray update. Once again its semantics. Is that the report in full? Ask the Speaker I suppose.

Without hindsight here is my prediction of his next problem that will need a cover up. 
As you will be aware Care workers and public facing NHS workers had it made compulsory for them to have a vaccine. Now one can only make an assumption but one would think if the rules are changed for the NHS the lot of care workers will at least have to be considered. So Boris is thinking of now not making it compulsory for the NHS, not a problem you may think - unless you were one of those that have had a vaccine against their wishes, but told they had to or lose their jobs.

As you know I would be on the side of you should have it, but these people will regard it as ‘ having something pumped into their body and Black mailed via their jobs ‘.

Rumours are get ready for some writs to be flying in if he U turns.

• Thanks 1

Andrew Mitchell the Conservative member for Sutton Coldfield ( next to me here ) who has a huge majority has stood up in Parliament and advised Boris he no longer has his support. 

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What I read was he will publish in full the next Gray update. Once again its semantics. Is that the report in full? Ask the Speaker I suppose.

According to Eddie Mair they said the full report will be released after the Police inquiry is finished. Perhaps LBC misheard.

After reading Sue Gray's findings today, we now know Boris Johnson attended at least three of the events being looked into by the Metropolitan Police. 

Her report says the garden party on 20 May 2020, the birthday party on 19 June 2020 and a leaving party for a special adviser on 13 November 2020 were all being investigated - and we know the PM attended them. 

She also confirms the police are looking at a gathering on 13 November 2020 in the Downing Street flat - where Johnson lives with his wife and two of his children.

It has not been confirmed if the PM was at that event - or the other eight being examined by the Met.

But in the Commons on 8 December 2021, he did deny a party took place in the flat on that date, adding: "I'm sure that whatever happened, the guidance was followed and the rules were followed at all times."

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

According to Eddie Mair they said the full report will be released after the Police inquiry is finished. Perhaps LBC misheard.

BREAKINGPM will publish full Gray report - No 10

The PM's official spokesman has released a statement, with what appears to be a change of mind.

During his Commons statement earlier, Boris Johnson resisted calls - including from his own MPs - for him to promise to publish Gray's full report, once the police have finished their investigation.

Now his spokesman says: "At the end of the process, the prime minister will ask Sue Gray to update her work in light of what is found.

"He will publish that update."

The spokesman adds: "The prime minister is clear we must not judge an ongoing investigation and his focus now is on addressing the general findings.”

A reminder: The Met Police said today their investigation would not take more than a year, but did not give an exact timeframe for when it would wrap up.

Boris Johnson - Personal Statement

I Stand before you today in the House of Commons to confirm, once and for all, that I have got away with it. 

The report has been released, albeit it is not the full report and it does confirm that there are currently 12 ongoing police investigations a number of which are into my behaviour, but basically I’m in the clear. That is the lesson to learn from today.

I will do those things the British public is loudly demanding, such as set up an office of the prime minister. That is the least I owe to those who lost family members. I will also review the civil service code of conduct, because I think we can all agree that was the problem.

There will be no further investigations. The full report will never be released. The Metropolitan Police will be leant on until they agree to keep quiet. I get it and I will fix it.

But let the country be in no doubt that I got away with this. My MPs will not revolt. There will be no new leader. I will continue just as I always have, because I got away with this as I always do.

Because I stand before you today humbled by my own capacity to never quite be caught. In respecful awe of my own facility to wriggle out of shít, tested over the years and honed to perfection.

And, emboldened by success, I pledge to you that I will continue on my path. That I will lie, spread the blame and let others pay the price without ceasing to consider the cost, because that is who I am. Thank you.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If Cummings et al leak one photograph a day that will take them until the end of November.😍 

I'm wondering if someone's got a smoking gun, like Harry in his erm 'Germanic' uniform.

19 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I'm wondering if someone's got a smoking gun, like Harry in his erm 'Germanic' uniform.

Boris in a compromising picture with Farage?

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Did she go to that meeting in the packed room of the 1922 committee ?

I've just read that she did that too. No mask.

Edited by Herman
Added link.

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

I've just read that she did that too. No mask.

That is not good. Would love to know how this + came along as if a LFT it should be taken before your working day and if a PCR you should be in isolation until your result as you have symptoms.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Without hindsight here is my prediction of his next problem that will need a cover up. 
As you will be aware Care workers and public facing NHS workers had it made compulsory for them to have a vaccine. Now one can only make an assumption but one would think if the rules are changed for the NHS the lot of care workers will at least have to be considered. So Boris is thinking of now not making it compulsory for the NHS, not a problem you may think - unless you were one of those that have had a vaccine against their wishes, but told they had to or lose their jobs.

As you know I would be on the side of you should have it, but these people will regard it as ‘ having something pumped into their body and Black mailed via their jobs ‘.

Rumours are get ready for some writs to be flying in if he U turns.

Like you, I am very much on the side of advocating a high take up of the vaccine but having said that I have always been  uncomfortable with introducing compulsion. The fact that Johnson with his usual stupidity and incompetence has introduced this shambolic policy into both the care system and now NHS without a coherent justification or impact assessment of its effect if staff continued to refuse the vaccine means he has a whole set of problems with his policy and, unsurprisingly, no answers at all.

The NHS debacle is obviously the most pressing and here I don't think he has any choice but to do a u-turn  - as whatever justification he thought he had for making NHS jabs compulsory he has already demolished by gleefully telling the rest of us that we can now do whatever we like - he is an imbecile who seems to be totally unable to think even a single step ahead.

Just like his continual lying, he automatically lies whenever he's in a spot of bother but without thinking whether the lie might land him in even deeper trouble than the original bother.

Ed Balls caught old Dim Raab today.

He suggested that while Raab was in all but name PM while Boris was ill, there had been no parties at No10.

Raab replied certainly not, the staff worked diligently and long hours and never sat around drinking alcohol while he was there.

So Ed asked him what had caused the change? While Raab was there it was heads down yet when Boris returned it was party after party.

Er er err.

• Haha 1

A question which I have been thinking about.

All these parties. The drilking culture, not just with the Tories but Westminster itself.

How do all these people get home afterwards?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How do all these people get home afterwards?

In taxis which, as they're all 'work events', they probably claim back on expenses.

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

In taxis which, as they're all 'work events', they probably claim back on expenses.

I'm sorry. I apologise. I take full responsibility. I am really sorry. But I've got chores to do and I'm sure Mrs KG wants me to get on with the real task of papering the landing rather than something I've apologised for already.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm sorry. I apologise. I take full responsibility. I am really sorry. But I've got chores to do and I'm sure Mrs KG wants me to get on with the real task of papering the landing rather than something I've apologised for already.

Where did the wallpaper come from? 😉

35 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Where did the wallpaper come from? 😉

Can I ask for your indulgence as I tell you a story about wallpaper.

I was the National Secretary of the NZ Printing Union. And it covered wallpaper printing although there were only two companies producing it in NZ.

One day I had a phone call from the MD of one of the companies. He asked for permission to body search the staff as they left each shift. I said it was more a matter of civil rights  than a Union matter. But I did ask why naturally.

He told that there had been quite a bit of theft from the factory and couldn't find out where it was happening. I asked him how he thought people were going to manage to conceal rolls of wallpaper on their person🤣. He said that it was the only option left to him.

I then asked him how much had gone missing and he said 15 tonnes!!

(A full trailer load of wallpaper of the unprinted  reels they could get on was, wait for it, 15 tonnes!!)

Trying to cover up my laughter I did urge him to check his goods in department before going any further with a body search of the staff which could well land him in court. And cheekily did ask him to look out for anyone with a silly walk leaving the factory.

Probably a relative of Boris.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Can I ask for your indulgence as I tell you a story about wallpaper.

I was the National Secretary of the NZ Printing Union. And it covered wallpaper printing although there were only two companies producing it in NZ.

One day I had a phone call from the MD of one of the companies. He asked for permission to body search the staff as they left each shift. I said it was more a matter of civil rights  than a Union matter. But I did ask why naturally.

He told that there had been quite a bit of theft from the factory and couldn't find out where it was happening. I asked him how he thought people were going to manage to conceal rolls of wallpaper on their person🤣. He said that it was the only option left to him.

I then asked him how much had gone missing and he said 15 tonnes!!

(A full trailer load of wallpaper of the unprinted  reels they could get on was, wait for it, 15 tonnes!!)

Trying to cover up my laughter I did urge him to check his goods in department before going any further with a body search of the staff which could well land him in court. And cheekily did ask him to look out for anyone with a silly walk leaving the factory.

Probably a relative of Boris.

That's brilliant. Bearing in mind I'm the poster who has managed to put two very "out-there" derails on Cantwell threads, one managing to mention a trip to the Åland Islands and another was about Dresden, I can definitely understand indulgencies! 😄

The country lead by a lying buffoon is reduced to a joke: 

"Boris Johnson’s efforts to present himself as a key diplomatic player in the Ukraine crisis have been struck a blow after the Kremlin refused to reschedule a call with the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, that the prime minister had been forced to cancel on Monday." https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-rebuffed-in-bid-to-play-key-role-in-ukraine-diplomacy/ar-AATmlx0?ocid=msedgntp

Well, someone had to go ahead and say it, from the Daily Mash. 🤣

Johnson's taking us for fools, say bunch of f**king fools who voted for him

THE f**king fools who voted for Johnson are being treated exactly like the fools he took them for, it has emerged.

Cretins who cast their votes for a known and proven liar have been outraged to find that he is lying to them just like the credulous idiots they have proven to be.

Mouth-breather Wayne Hayes said: “I thought I was in on the joke. But it turns out a corrupt Etonian elitist doesn’t hold me, the man on the street in Hartlepool drinking a can of Scrumpy Jack at 11am, in high regard.

“Just because I voted against my best interests by getting him into power doesn’t mean I’m stupid. Why doesn’t he treat my warped, contrarian lizard brain with the ounce of respect it deserves?

“But then again he said this report said he didn’t do it and he’s sorry and I reckon he meant it this time.

Crocs-wearer Nikki Hollis said: “There were red flags. Always blustering nonsense, the affairs and children, being sacked for making stuff up. Is it my fault I didn’t know about any of that? My son says yes.

“Now I know he’s a blight on this great country who deserves to be strung up for his actions, I look forward to voting for him again in 2024.”

• Haha 2