A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Boris is on probation say the voters of Hartlepool.

He should be.

How can anybody combat his level of dishonesty without sinking very low too. I am quite happy to be on the losing side regularly as it means I still have a belief in fair and honest governance, but it is bloody hard work knowing this **** feeds his cultish followers with utter bilge and they come back for more, time after time.

Three complete lies in a minute.

On 06/05/2021 at 19:31, A Load of Squit said:

Johnson would've run away and hidden in a fridge.

That part of Glasgow did tell one immigrant to sod off.😀👍

1 hour ago, Herman said:

That part of Glasgow did tell one immigrant to sod off.😀👍

She will claim there are green shoots no doubt.

7 hours ago, BigFish said:

True, but Johnson is such a fraud. I am bemused by his appeal.

Take a stand then, smallfry -- Don't sit there bemused, offer the country something different --- It's obvious you and your Lefty cohorts are about as much use as t!ts on a fish posting your political beliefs on the internet/Pink'Un, so write a manifesto and present it to the people...

I converse with people outside the internet with my political beliefs on a daily basis and the rewards are apparent.

Reform the media so an honest and unbiased debate about ideas and policies for the country can take place then Jools. 

Nah, I didn’t think you’d be up for that idea...

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Take a stand then, smallfry -- Don't sit there bemused, offer the country something different --- It's obvious you and your Lefty cohorts are about as much use as t!ts on a fish posting your political beliefs on the internet/Pink'Un, so write a manifesto and present it to the people...

I converse with people outside the internet with my political beliefs on a daily basis and the rewards are apparent.

Hahahahaha! Jools thinks he's about to become leader of the Reform Party. Mind you, they have so few members they can probably all take a turn.

Edited by horsefly

My manifesto will include £350 million a week to the NHS and those that committed fraud as a European mp should be made to pay the money back and lose their pensions.

I thought Biden came up with new ideas, but then when he won you didn’t like it.

You can’t describe me as left wing, on Thursday I voted Green the first time I have not voted Tory in the 42 years I have been able to vote as I will not vote for somebody that constantly lies. A % of what I pay in tax this month will be manoeuvred to Hartlepool and out of where I live due to the promises he has made those people, unless of course he has just lied to them as well.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jools said:

What? Old people in a home who you probably only let read the Daily Mail. I bet you tell them Farage is PM and Trump is President of the World.

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Tories taking the ball home.

Is there no depths they can sink to? Lower than a snake's belly.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

The scumbag is Teflon though. Whatever he does is forgiven by his fan boys. A sad state of affairs but there you go. I'm already trying to think of excuses they'll find for him. 

We will get posts on here which tell us its trivia. What is the colloquial name for a collection of trivia?

Sleaze? Fraud? Corruption?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We will get posts on here which tell us its trivia. What is the colloquial name for a collection of trivia?

Sleaze? Fraud? Corruption?

You keep hoping that something will stick but they brush it all off as inconsequential. So many things would have been front page news for weeks but then they find yet another dead cat.

Anyway here are some interesting snippets from a LibDem insider view of the recent elections:

"Brexit is still a big dividing line in politics. We found it hardest to win against Tories in leave areas. This was especially the case where it was harder to contact voters in person or by the phone.

The Conservatives are unashamedly employing pork barrel politics. This is going to be a major part of Tory campaigning from now on, and it massively benefits incumbents. We need a clear and practical campaign plan for local parties to respond to this.

Labour are vulnerable - especially when they’re in power locally. They’re getting blamed for being incumbents, in a way we (mostly) managed to avoid in these elections.

That said, most of the media reporting has missed the fact that Labour did make progress in these elections - with a 2.5% swing back from the Conservatives since 2019.They’d need a 3.3% swing at a General Election to win a lot of seats back, so it wasn’t as bad as you might first think. They have a long way to go from Corbyn."

On 20/09/2020 at 10:18, A Load of Squit said:

The writings on the wall for Boris.

Now that the right wing press are lining up to have a go at Johnson and he also says he can't get by on his miserly £150k salary, who will be next?

Rishi is the favourite but experience says that being favourite is a bad place to be in Tory in-fighting.

You started this thread last September with the above post, A Load of Squit  👆 Talk about picking an apt username 😀

You're like so many pundits in the media who you  latch on to as if their words are Gospel -- A Lefty media who still haven't come to terms with the fact that the Tories won a majority in 2015, let alone Brexit and what's transpired since..

Opinions based on subjective political prejudice and narcissistic self validation is good-for-nothing and therefore much of what is offered is worthless wishful thinking and nothing more --- At its root is a complete and utter failure to understand views other than their own and that failure makes you and those pundits look like total idiots to every right-minded person who thankfully are the majority 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

You started this thread last September with the above post, A Load of Squit  👆 Talk about picking an apt username 😀

You're like so many pundits in the media who you  latch on to as if their words are Gospel -- A Lefty media who still haven't come to terms with the fact that the Tories won a majority in 2015, let alone Brexit and what's transpired since..

Opinions based on subjective political prejudice and narcissistic self validation is good-for-nothing and therefore much of what is offered is worthless wishful thinking and nothing more --- At its root is a complete and utter failure to understand views other than their own and that failure makes you and those pundits look like total idiots to every right-minded person who thankfully are the majority 👍

Shall we repost all your Right wing Guido extracts?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Please do, a good dose of the truth is exactly what you Lefties need -- Now more than ever it seems.

On 09/05/2021 at 17:16, keelansgrandad said:

Is there no depths they can sink to? Lower than a snake's belly.

Dreadful. And the voting model is part of the issue, as I've said many times before. FPTP is passable if you're pretty much in agreement with the overwhelming majority of a manifesto belonging to a party. As GEs, the odd referendum and public opinion shows, things are far more nuanced than that.

Tactical voting, pretty much by definition, is systemic failure.

38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And don't forget all the hilarious QAnon conspiracy crap he posted on a daily basis during Trump's humiliating failure. He latched on to the QAnonce tripe as if it were a lost gospel.  And his embarrassing admiration for all the cranks in Trump's "Keystone Cops" legal team was simply a joy to ridicule. Yep! as someone once said:

"Opinions based on subjective political prejudice and narcissistic self validation is good-for-nothing and therefore much of what is offered is worthless wishful thinking and nothing more --- At its root is a complete and utter failure to understand views other than their own and that failure makes you and those pundits look like total idiots to every right-minded person who thankfully are the majority"

Never a truer word was spoken about Jool's obsequious toadying at the feet of the fat orange failure.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/voters-associate-boris-johnson-with-dishonesty-and-greed-poll-finds/ar-BB1gz2Pl?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-mps-who-lobbied-judges-during-charlie-elphicke-sexual-assault-trial-under-investigation/ar-BB1gzCVq?ocid=msedgntp

John Major discovered that sleaze eventually catches up with the Tories, and after being out of power since 1979, 1997 saw Labour win a 179 seat majority. Once the vaccine bounce wears off, and the effects of brexit hit home, when furlough stops and jobs are lost, when all the inquiries into sleaze and the disastrous and corrupt mismanagement of the Covid crisis are made public, then we shall a very different response to the sleaze rife in the most corrupt Tory Party in living memory.

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/voters-associate-boris-johnson-with-dishonesty-and-greed-poll-finds/ar-BB1gz2Pl?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-mps-who-lobbied-judges-during-charlie-elphicke-sexual-assault-trial-under-investigation/ar-BB1gzCVq?ocid=msedgntp

John Major discovered that sleaze eventually catches up with the Tories, and after being out of power since 1979, 1997 saw Labour win a 179 seat majority. Once the vaccine bounce wears off, and the effects of brexit hit home, when furlough stops and jobs are lost, when all the inquiries into sleaze and the disastrous and corrupt mismanagement of the Covid crisis are made public, then we shall a very different response to the sleaze rife in the most corrupt Tory Party in living memory.

Black Wednesday did far more to discredit the Tories than any accusations of sleaze. A combination of them losing their reputation for sensible running of the economy after Black Wednesday, having been in power for 18 years and the opposition finding a charismatic young leader more in tune with the electorate all contributed much more to Blair’s landslide victory.

Background accused sleaze don’t tend to change people’s voting habits, as many people assume they’re all as bad as each other, and to be honest they’re probably right. There’s been the sleaze of the major years, the cash for honours scandal, the MPs expenses and now the PPE cronyism and Boris’ wallpaper, none of them have ever really swung a large number of votes one way or the other 

20 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Black Wednesday did far more to discredit the Tories than any accusations of sleaze. A combination of them losing their reputation for sensible running of the economy after Black Wednesday, having been in power for 18 years and the opposition finding a charismatic young leader more in tune with the electorate all contributed much more to Blair’s landslide victory.

Background accused sleaze don’t tend to change people’s voting habits, as many people assume they’re all as bad as each other, and to be honest they’re probably right. There’s been the sleaze of the major years, the cash for honours scandal, the MPs expenses and now the PPE cronyism and Boris’ wallpaper, none of them have ever really swung a large number of votes one way or the other 

It is almost a phenomenon. The same happened to a greater degree in the US with Trump.

3 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Perhaps you should read my post properly then you will see that I have said the sleaze factor will have a much more significant impact once, "the vaccine bounce wears off, and the effects of brexit hit home, when furlough stops and jobs are lost, when all the inquiries into sleaze and the disastrous and corrupt mismanagement of the Covid crisis are made public, then we shall a very different response to the sleaze rife in the most corrupt Tory Party in living memory.". 

22 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Perhaps you should read my post properly then you will see that I have said the sleaze factor will have a much more significant impact once, "the vaccine bounce wears off, and the effects of brexit hit home, when furlough stops and jobs are lost, when all the inquiries into sleaze and the disastrous and corrupt mismanagement of the Covid crisis are made public, then we shall a very different response to the sleaze rife in the most corrupt Tory Party in living memory.". 

I don’t believe it will. As I said sleaze in politics is nothing new, it’s been going on for as long as most can remember involving both parties, that people are almost indifferent to it. What most see as low level cronyism simply isn’t high enough up their list of priorities to make large numbers of them change their vote. It usually takes something major (Black Wednesday/Iraq War) as well as a credible opposition to cause a change of government 

"But sleaze always goes on" is just a cheap cop out from tory voters. Rather than confronting this epic corruption they just push aside like it doesn't matter. I'm not sure what sort of country they want to live in but I feel most voters with some moral values want to see this rooted out.

Just because it is your side doing it doesn't mean it is ok. Sort yourselves out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

I don’t believe it will. As I said sleaze in politics is nothing new, it’s been going on for as long as most can remember involving both parties, that people are almost indifferent to it. What most see as low level cronyism simply isn’t high enough up their list of priorities to make large numbers of them change their vote. It usually takes something major (Black Wednesday/Iraq War) as well as a credible opposition to cause a change of government 

You have basically just posted the same thing again. Sleaze may not be new, but never in living memory has the prime minister himself been so mired in it that he is the subject of several official investigations into his corrupt behaviour. Johnson may well be getting the benefit of the doubt under the current circunstances, but history suggests that it won't survive long if other factors erode the public's trust and happiness. And as I said, there is a veritable sh*t storm of fall-out from brexit, covid, and official inquiries awaiting this government. In the story I linked over half of those polled thought Johnson is seriously sleazy; we'll see how that affects their voting intentions when the Sh*t storm descends.