A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Cameron is a Spiv.

Tessie was out of her depth.

Johnson is the perfect illustration of what is incompetent and corrupt about our politics.

All three wanted to be popular. Why? Cameron with his big society. May with her I am a remainer will will carry out the will of the people. Johnson wants us to think hes a laddo and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Just run the feckin country properly.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Dare I suggest that Johnson didn't even have the Tory party's best interests at heart? 😉

😀 Very fair point - in Johnson's case even the interests of the Tory Party are subordinate to the interests of Johnson himself (& his chums).

• Like 1

So much for the "fine words" from Johnson and the Tories after Sarah Everards murder:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/anger-as-tory-mps-vote-against-register-for-stalkers-and-domestic-abusers/ar-BB1fJ5QM?ocid=msedgntp

The government is facing growing anger after voting against putting serial stalkers and domestic abusers on a national register, despite briefing they were likely to support the measures following the death of Sarah Everard.

Conservative MPs voted against amendments to the domestic abuse bill on Thursday that would have placed serial domestic abusers and stalkers on the current Violent and Sex Offender Register.

MPs also voted down House of Lords-supported amendments that would have given family court judges training on sexual abuse and provided greater protection to migrant victims of domestic violence.

The stalking amendment gained overwhelming support in the Lords last month and the home secretary, Priti Patel, suggested the government was likely to support the measures, telling MPs: “There is something about perpetrators and their serial offending that has to be addressed. There is no question about that at all … I will be very candid: we will look at all measures.”

After the death of Sarah Everard, government sources told the Sunday Times that the move also had the backing of the justice secretary, Robert Buckland, while a Change.org petition urging the government to introduce the stalkers’ register has attracted almost 250,000 signatures.

Bumbling Boris shows his usual grasp of the details:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/baffled-boris-johnson-can-t-remember-tory-mayor-s-name-in-campaign-interview/ar-BB1fOSoP?ocid=msedgdhp

Boris Johnson was left red-faced after he couldn't remember the name of a Tory regional mayor during a campaign visit.

In a toe-curling exchange, the Prime Minister struggled to name the current West of England mayor Tim Bowles during a campaign visit to Gloucestershire on Monday.

Edited by horsefly

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

Bit of "burying bad news" this evening.

Mercer made the classic mistake; he actually thought that this time Johnson would keep his word. He has now been granted membership to the fastest growing club in the UK and gets to wear their badge: "I was fu*cked by Boris"

Perhaps this thread should be renamed the Johnson Tory Sleaze Party:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-donor-s-role-in-100m-ppe-contract-scrubbed-from-documents-following-admin-error/ar-BB1fR33S?ocid=msedgntp

Tory donor's role in £100m PPE contract scrubbed from documents following 'admin error'

Mikey Smith  17 hrs ago

The role of a Tory donor and former Number 10 advisor in a £100 million PPE deal was scrubbed from public documents, after it was apparently revealed by accident. Samir Jassal, a former Downing Street advisor under David Cameron, was named as the point of contact for a lucrative deal handed to Pharmaceuticals Direct Limited (PDL) in a previously undisclosed contract. The deal was struck last July, but not published until March this year. And after the BBC approached the government about the deal, Mr Samir’s name was apparently scrubbed from the records.

image.png

Why am I not in the least surprised:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9494273/Boris-Johnson-sent-texts-Sir-James-Dyson-saying-fix-tax-issue-staff.html

Boris Johnson 'sent texts to Sir James Dyson saying he would "fix" tax issue for billionaire inventor's staff if they came to the UK to make ventilators during Covid pandemic'

• Billionaire tycoon Sir James Dyson wrote an official letter to the Treasury 
  • Asked for tax status of staff to remain same if they moved to UK from Singapore 
  • But in a private text, Boris Johnson told Sir James that he 'will fix it' himself
  • The Prime Minister then added 'Rishi [Sunak] says it is fixed!! We need you here'
  • Two weeks later, Rishi Sunak told MPs that those coming into UK to offer help during the pandemic would not see a change in their tax status
  • It is the latest in a string of lobbying questions facing the Conservative Party

Under the ministerial code - a list of rules laying out the conduct expected by ministers - 'a private secretary or official should be present for all discussions relating to government business'.

Should a conversation happen without an official, 'any significant content should be passed back to the department as soon as possible after the event'.

It also states that ministers should 'act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner' and 'must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias'.

Edited by horsefly

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

What is really hilarious is that the Daily Mail isn't worried at all about the further Tory sleaze which is being uncovered on an almost daily basis but they're really upset at someone with conscience leaking info about it - pretty sums up our gutter press in general and the Mail in particular.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

James Dyson. What a lying, conceited wnaker whose products are overpriced and overrated.

The Cromer chaps products are quite pricey, but certainly not overrated. 

41 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

James Dyson. What a lying, conceited wnaker whose products are overpriced and overrated.

The man campaigns for something, wins, then immediately moves half way across the world. The country, of which he is a Knight, calls him in an hour of need and he agrees to help. But only if it is financially beneficial. 

Yet another plastic patriot parasite. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The man campaigns for something, wins, then immediately moves half way across the world. The country, of which he is a Knight, calls him in an hour of need and he agrees to help. But only if it is financially beneficial. 

Yet another plastic patriot parasite. 

While Johnson was entertaining private calls/ texts from Dyson who had never made a ventilator in his life (and wasted time "fixing" tax  dodges for the traitor) actual UK manufacturers of ventilators could not get a reply from the government at all. The upshot of all this shabby, off the record, corrupt spivery, NOT A SINGLE VENTILATOR built by Dyson. So yet again Johnson was lying in parliament today when he said he was doing everything he could to get ventilators into hospitals. Actual manufacturers of ventilators were ready and willing to serve the country's needs but Johnson prefered to waste time trying to fix a deal for his mate, a Tory party donor. Dispicable!

Johnny Mercer shares his insights on his Tory colleagues:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ex-minister-johnny-mercer-blasts-distrustful-awful-environment-of-government/ar-BB1fTRJz?ocid=msedgntp

Conservative MP Johnny Mercer has blasted the Government as “the most distrustful, awful environment” where “almost nobody tells the truth” after departing as veterans minister.

“This is the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in, in Government. Almost nobody tells the truth, is what I’ve worked out over the last 36 hours,” he told Times Radio.

The MP for Plymouth Moor View said that he was “made to feel like I’m the last man in the room who’s willing to fulfil our manifesto commitments”, as he described politics as a “cesspit”.

“You know, I find this place has taught me a lot about the Government, a lot about my colleagues: let’s say shooting straight is not one of their finest qualities,” he added.

36 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Conservative MP Johnny Mercer has blasted the Government as “the most distrustful, awful environment” where “almost nobody tells the truth” after departing as veterans minister.

“This is the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in, in Government. Almost nobody tells the truth, is what I’ve worked out over the last 36 hours,” he told Times Radio.

The MP for Plymouth Moor View said that he was “made to feel like I’m the last man in the room who’s willing to fulfil our manifesto commitments”, as he described politics as a “cesspit”.

“You know, I find this place has taught me a lot about the Government, a lot about my colleagues: let’s say shooting straight is not one of their finest qualities,” he added.

He is, of course, right in many respects and yet he has only worked this out in the last 36 hours???????

What on earth has he been doing for the last 18 months because frankly what he is saying has been obvious to most of us for the last two years.....................at least, 5 years really!!!!!!

Another addition to the daily Tory sleaze report:

Gov owned firm gave contracts to company with Tory MP as shareholder

A firm linked to a Conservative minister was handed more than £1million of contracts during the Covid pandemic by a Government-owned company, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Recruitment company SThree was handed the contracts while still counting Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi as a shareholder.

The eyes of the world are all focussed on the Biden's virtual summit on the climate crisis, leader after leader appear on screen to make serious and sober comments about the urgency required for action on climate change. Then up pops Boris with an excrutiatingly embarrassing waffle about "Bunny hugging".

Isn't it about time Johnson realised that he is no longer in an Eton sixth-form common room trying to impress his mates with his "quirky wit"? The buffoon consistently makes a laughing stock of the UK in the eyes of every foreign nation with his bumbling incoherent tosh. 

• Like 4

Daily Tory sleaze update:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/key-boris-johnson-ally-lord-lister-quits-envoy-role-after-two-months/ar-BB1fZbbd?ocid=msedgntp

A top aide to Boris Johnson has tonight quit after only two months in his role, amid the ongoing row over lobbying.

Lord Udny-Lister - a trusted political advisor to the Prime Minister and who worked alongside him during his time as Mayor of London - is to step back from his role as special envoy for the Gulf.

It comes after a series of stories about the 71-year-old peer's previous work within the private sector.

These includes reports in the Mail on Sunday last week that Lord Udny-Lister owned shares in a company that has won nearly £1million in Government and NHS contracts. 

On 15/04/2021 at 16:11, Creative Midfielder said:

Never mind just the past 10 years, whilst Cameron was PM he was unquestionably the worst PM in living memory, if not ever.

But quite incredibly the Tories have managed to produce two more leaders, each one even worse than their predecessor  - let's hope for all our sakes that the truly dreadful Johnson is the last in that particular sequence.

I don't think that you can say that may and Johnson are worse than Cameron. May inherited an almost impossible position and was simply incapable of dealing with it. Johnson has dealt with the situation - his problem is one of character - narcissism and mendacity.

But neither can match Cameron's record of unparalleled incompetence. My fear is that when Johnson falls, we will get another "austerity advocate" who will further damage the economy. Lab rats learn quicker than some of the Tory right.

46 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't think that you can say that may and Johnson are worse than Cameron. May inherited an almost impossible position and was simply incapable of dealing with it. Johnson has dealt with the situation - his problem is one of character - narcissism and mendacity.

But neither can match Cameron's record of unparalleled incompetence. My fear is that when Johnson falls, we will get another "austerity advocate" who will further damage the economy. Lab rats learn quicker than some of the Tory right.

I think Sunak is one to watch as he still has a bit of popularity with the electorate, whether deserved or not, and he has the potential to be an austerity advocate. It has been quietly pushed out a couple of times by him to test the waters.

And where is Gove?

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think Sunak is one to watch as he still has a bit of popularity with the electorate, whether deserved or not, and he has the potential to be an austerity advocate. It has been quietly pushed out a couple of times by him to test the waters.

And where is Gove?

I think that there is a section of the Tory party and their support that might struggle with an Asian Hindu as PM. What I fear is the fiscal and financial orthodoxy that he seems to favour. If "austerity" was essential in 2010 (which of course, it wasn't) with the national debt more than doubled since then (in money terms) it must be even more so now. As you say, there have been "signals" that this is his view.

As for Gove - I imagine he is in close contact with Cummins 😉

• Haha 1

"But,but they are all at it" excuse doesn't wash. This is blatant corruption on an epic scale.

Having seen Liz Truss's 'defense' of Johnson on Marr I think they are going to need a new leader very much sooner rather than later. And Cummings is only warming up to the main act at present!

I've never seen a so called senior politician (incompetent though she is) look so sheepish and uncomfortable. If she'd been in the USA she'd be taking the 5th.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Having seen Liz Truss's 'defense' of Johnson on Marr I think they are going to need a new leader very much sooner rather than later. And Cummings is only warming up to the main act at present!

I've never seen a so called senior politician (incompetent though she is) look so sheepish and uncomfortable. If she'd been in the USA she'd be taking the 5th.

Indeed! The very fact that the only person Johnson could muster up to defend him was the laughably incompetent Truss suggests Johnson's right in the sh*it again. That he is mired in lies and sleaze will, of course, come as no suprise at all to those who have worked closely with him and subsequently described him as totally unfit to govern (including figures like Max Hastings and Peter Oborne). 

• Thanks 2