Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Raggett

Not just Klose, Tettey at CB is also a worse option than Raggett at CB.  As is playing Amadou at CB.  So there are 3 players straight off the bat, who have played CB for us this season.

Could it be that his loan arrangement and contract was extended to 31st July to take in the possible playoffs and that we have until then to tell him/his agent about the option? We surely won't be the team paying his July salary.

Everything I've seen or Raggatt (which isn't loads to be fair) sounds like he'd be horribly exposed in a Farke team as he's not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Just because Klose has struggled coming straight into a relegation battle off the back of a long-term injury doesn't suddenly mean that Raggett is a better player all of a sudden, plying his trade in League One.

Nonsensical rubbish.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Just because Klose has struggled coming straight into a relegation battle off the back of a long-term injury doesn't suddenly mean that Raggett is a better player all of a sudden, plying his trade in League One.

Nonsensical rubbish.

Not even worth arguing... people can’t genuinely think a 26 year old who has only played 58 games above conference level, 49 of which were in league one and two, is anywhere near prem standard. There’s no evidence he’s even championship standard, with mixed reviews about his performances in league one. The prem probably was a step too far for Klose this year, especially off the back of his injuries, but definitely still miles better than average league 1 (at best) standard.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Could it be that his loan arrangement and contract was extended to 31st July to take in the possible playoffs and that we have until then to tell him/his agent about the option? We surely won't be the team paying his July salary.

My guess would be that the option period expired some time before the end of his contract - most, I would imagine, expire 3-6 months before the end of the contract to give the player some time to find a new club. If the contract was extended as above, the terms of the contract (and therefore the option) would have to have been renegotiated, in which case I’d definitely expect him to know what the position was.

Would agree with posters above that the position seems quite clear (that his contract has expired, no option triggered, free to negotiate) but if the player genuinely hasn’t had any contact at all from the club since the start of lockdown then I’d say that was quite bad. I guess though it’s not like an office job where they have to arrange handing over laptop and work mobile on the way out the building!

If the club don't exercise their option to extend his contract then he's free to sign with another club.

Certainly his agent would know all of this and the player would have had everything in writing.

I'm not sure the club is to blame. Agents are paid their money to manage these things and to communicate with the player and club on contractual matters.

Surely it is the player's agent who is responsible for making certain that the player knows where he stands?

• Like 1

Everything I've seen or Raggatt (which isn't loads to be fair) sounds like he'd be horribly exposed in a Farke team as he's not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Whereas our defence is only uncomfortable with the ball at our opponent's feet😀

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Whereas our defence is only uncomfortable with the ball at our opponent's feet😀

And heads

Just as a side, if we were to loose Godfrey in summer and keep loose another season, and not sign any other centre backs, would you give famewo and rocky bushri a chance ahead of raggett?

I think I heard from what chances famewo had at st Mirren, he done well, but do we consider st Mirren and spl as good or better than L1 ?

And obviously I'm unsure how rocky got on, or if indeed he's out again on loan?

His reputation was built upon the Lincoln cup run and promotion. When we bought him he was considered a raw talent with potential and like so many others went out on loan. Give Farke credit he is very very good at giving youngsters a go and for the most part has been a very good judge of talent and potential. The fact that he took the view not to involve Raggatt in any way in the championship indicates sadly that the lad had not developed and is probably a lower league defender, though sometimes players are late developers and i hope he does not fall into that box pity we did not give him a go

3 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Just as a side, if we were to loose Godfrey in summer and keep loose another season, and not sign any other centre backs, would you give famewo and rocky bushri a chance ahead of raggett?

I think I heard from what chances famewo had at st Mirren, he done well, but do we consider st Mirren and spl as good or better than L1 ?

And obviously I'm unsure how rocky got on, or if indeed he's out again on loan?

Bushiri has gone back out on loan to KV Mechelen for next season. Difficult to know about Famewo; he'll be 22 in the autumn and still only has a handful of senior appearances. He's under contract until 2023, though, so maybe he'd be considered as a backup player for next season.

Raggett is done here, no two ways about it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bonzo said:

If the club don't exercise their option to extend his contract then he's free to sign with another club.

Certainly his agent would know all of this and the player would have had everything in writing.

I'm not sure the club is to blame. Agents are paid their money to manage these things and to communicate with the player and club on contractual matters.

Surely it is the player's agent who is responsible for making certain that the player knows where he stands?

You would think that at the point a player was no longer employed by the club they'd at least get a text or phone call from somebody thanking them for their service and wishing them luck.

I mean really, you'd think you'd get a card signed by the squad or something or one of your shirts signed and framed as a send off.

That's the bit that I suspect he finds odd. 

I mean, he never broke into the first team so it wouldn't necessarily have to be Farke or Webber, but you'd think that employing somebody whose job it is to literally monitor the progress of loan players would be keeping in touch with them. That is Neil Adams. 

It sounds like he hasn't heard from anybody for months. What does Neil Adams do then? I thought that was literally his job, liaison! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten