hogesar

Fundraise for Delia Out plane banner.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry, but that's so wide of the mark. I was one of the people encouraging people to get off their backsides and do something about it, and I am now pouring scorn on it.

But the reason for that is that this is a ridiculous way of going about it. What good is 'DELIA OUT' going to do? At the very least, it needs to be accompanied by a press release, detailing the number of people involved, their mission statement for why they feel the way they do, and what they would like to see the club do to engage their views.

Trust me, if they go ahead with this banner it will kill any movement dead in its tracks. Delia and Michael will likely dig their heels in, laugh it off as a few crazy dissidents, and there will be an overwhelming surge of support for them in the face of a handful of people with no clear agenda.

This idea would have been a compelling option to consider circa 2008/2009, when we were full of Roeder's loan players, appointed a manager on sentimental grounds after a Facebook campaign by his daughter(!), and spiralling down to League One. Doing this now will be a complete and utter failure.

Spot. On.

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Agreed, am slightly bemused that the posters on here pushing back against those of us who want a change in ownership have been saying "why don't you organise and do something rather than just whinge on social media", then when someone attempts to organise a first step those same posters pour scorn and ridicule. Not sure what else I expected though, there are plenty of posters on here that find it unbelievable that there are supporters of the club that aren't happy with the current ownership and their "Project" that's designed to hand the club down like a piece of property rather than a part of our city and community.

It is a piece of property - as defined by the share certificates

And the irony of you bleating about it being " a part of our city and community" when you are wanting it sold to anyone, irrespective of how they might regard 'that piece of property'

So lets cut the crp, you and the rest are more interested in 'success' than the actual football being played, or how the club is actually still very much part of the community - something your idiotic wish of selling it off would not guarantee

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

I kind of agree with this but I'd love to know how you run a respectful campaign to get someone to sell something they don't seem to want to sell? 

Delia & Michael aren't ignorant of the fact a decent number of fans would like them to move on and let someone with more spending power take over- hence the comment that 'fans aren't going to like' the plan to hand shares over to Tom. 

See, this is where if they actually set up a respectful, proper campaign online and encouraged fans to take part (or not, as the case may be), we'd see how many of these 'decent number of fans' exist. From what I can make out, it seems to be about 25% of the online world wants Delia to move on, but actually in attendance of football matches, down at Carrow Road, I reckon it's more like 10%.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

It is a piece of property - as defined by the share certificates

And the irony of you bleating about it being " a part of our city and community" when you are wanting it sold to anyone, irrespective of how they might regard 'that piece of property'

So lets cut the crp, you and the rest are more interested in 'success' than the actual football being played, or how the club is actually still very much part of the community - something your idiotic wish of selling it off would not guarantee

I agree, using the 'community' line is pretty rich.

19 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Agreed, am slightly bemused that the posters on here pushing back against those of us who want a change in ownership have been saying "why don't you organise and do something rather than just whinge on social media", then when someone attempts to organise a first step those same posters pour scorn and ridicule. Not sure what else I expected though, there are plenty of posters on here that find it unbelievable that there are supporters of the club that aren't happy with the current ownership and their "Project" that's designed to hand the club down like a piece of property rather than a part of our city and community.

If you aren't entirely happy all of the time then your are a binner. 

Interestingly selling off our best players and a relegation enough to get people motivated to protest against Chase. 

Selling our best players over the past few years and failing to out together a squad anywhere near good enough to stay in the weakest Premier League I can remember is all part of a project  though, one which revolves around Colney. Chase buying and building Colney wasn't though! 

I actually don't support this protest right now though, just want Webber and Farke to have the chance to get it right next season. Change of ownership risks a complete overhaul of everything else and I'm not sure now is the right time for that. Ask me in 6 months. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If you aren't entirely happy all of the time then your are a binner. 

Interestingly selling off our best players and a relegation enough to get people motivated to protest against Chase. 

Selling our best players over the past few years and failing to out together a squad anywhere near good enough to stay in the weakest Premier League I can remember is all part of a project  though. Chase buying and building Colney doesn't count 

I actually don't this protest right now though, just want Webber and Farke to have the chance to get it right next season. Change of ownership risks a complete overhaul of everything else and I'm not sure now is the time for that. 

Come on TVB, that's bobbins. There are reasonable posters at both ends of the dichotomy, and it's that kind of binary thinking that perpetuates all this petty squabbling. We can do grey areas, we've proved it many times.

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Does anybody know this chap Adam Potter who is heading up this much ridiculed project ?

I don't know if he's the most trustworthy option for heading up something since my last conversation with him on there was based on the fact he wanted Farke and Webber out for most of last season until we were pretty much guaranteed to get promoted - to which he claimed he'd never even posted on the group for that entire year.

Unfortunately for him, the posts don't delete themselves and there's a really handy search facility.

So like I say, if people are donating I hope it's done using a medium that protects peoples money.

Actually, I don't really care.

They have got it right. We are finding and developing players at a cost that is sustainable

The numpties seem to think that we can in debt ourselves then simply cancel those debts if we are relegated

It is not as if these halfwits have not had it clearly demonstrated to them, when we last came down. There we had player contracts and player transfer fee instalments that we could not meet.

Yet we still have the 'not too bright' demanding that we put ourselves into that position again..... as it shows 'hambition'

God, there are some stupid people out there

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd bet a decent amount that whatever anyone planned would have fair few people calling it tinpot or pointless. 

As far as I can tell the opinion is that fans need to be able to show a viable alternative, which I assume means a new owner and is clearly nonsense.

All I ask is for an intelligent and thought out plan and we can judge it on its merits. A load of angry blokes off fakebook flying a Cessna around won't cut the mustard and just cause more division. 

Talk about deluded. There may be a few people who really want change and they are trying to whip up a bandwagon effect to get more people on board.  Thankfully they will not get that bandwagon going, because despite relegation, far too many people are ok with the way the club is being run at the moment.  Those that are most beligerent about change at the top, are doing so out of an "anything is better than what we've got as long as it means money" mantra, which looked at logically is just daft. 

They may say, oh, but we'll get a good new rich owner, not one of these bad rich owners.......but how do you know that?   Is the gamble worth it?  Gambling with the traditions, possibly the colours, even the name?  Gambling with the assets of a club that is actually doing ok thank you on the financial front, with even Webber saying there is more money in the pot to buy players this next championship season than the last time we were in it....and we won that one! 

It's just stupid to risk the well being of a club that has a decent strategy and good people in place.  I've been supporting since the late sixties and I have heard the phrase "lack of ambition" so many times over the years and the same now, but it's a total fallacy to think the club, whoever is in charge, is not ambitious.  Of course they are ambitious, but the idea that throwing money at it just because it is money, is just short sighted.

Look at Villa.....you heard Webber talk about p**ing money up the wall.....how many obscene millions have Villa spent over the years....it is mind blowing....and yet their record in recent years is no better than ours. £276 million they have spent in five years, nearly £200 million of that with no return on that money.  £200m and they have been grovelling down at the bottom of the premier league or in the championship.  So has it worked for them?  Has having all that money made them a better club? No, far from it.  Three of the last five years in the championship and going back down again.  And that's just one club.  Fulham, Stoke, Middsbro.......all grovelling.

Norwich?  Thriving.

Finances? Not a problem.

Good management set up? Yes.

Good players? Yes.

Good youth set up? Yes.

Good policy going forwards? Yes.

Poor season this year? Yes...but that was not purely down to lack of money, because if it was just down to money, the rich clubs also going down to the championship would be staying up. 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Good to see people are able to joke about this, but if people are funding this, then they have more money than sense and would be better giving their money to a charity or worthy cause, than to a pointless exercise that will be laughed at, taken by our rivals and ridiculed as being tinpot and having no effect whatsoever on anyone, in the club or out of it.  It will be an empty gesture and the most they might get is a few seconds of notoriety on TV, which will be noted and then forgotten.

Although I agree that this protest is currently pointless, and poorly timed, I hate it when people try and spend other peoples money for them and this is always a bit of a lazy argument. 

Some people would say that they don't understand why somebody would waste their money undertaking a 12 hour round trip from Cumbra to Norfolk to watch some men kick a football around, when there are food banks in Cumbria struggling to meet demand. I don't suppose that argument could be countered by pointing out that the beers you buy before and after the game from a freehouse are keeping bar staff in a job and away from Norfolk food banks could it? 

The owner of the two person plane that would be flying over Carrow Road would probably be very grateful for any business in covid-19 world, and all small businesses are charities and worthy causes right now. We're at the start of an economic meltdown. I'm trying to buy as much as I can from small businesses right now rather than the corporate giants. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

All I ask is for an intelligent and thought out plan and we can judge it on its merits. A load of angry blokes off fakebook flying a Cessna around won't cut the mustard and just cause more division. 

All I'm asking as somebody who is tempted to jump on the Delia out bandwagon is that her and hubby are more open to the fans about their future intentions. They could, for example, just admit that they intend to transition ownership of the club to their nephew at some point in the future and emphasise that the club isn't for sale and isn't actively looking for potential buyers for that reason.

I would be strongly against this succession plan, but I would respect them for being more transparent about the future we are looking at. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Poor season this year? Yes...but that was not purely down to lack of money, because if it was just down to money, the rich clubs also going down to the championship would be staying up. 

No. Three clubs get relegated every year, irrespective of how big the owners wallet is. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

All I'm asking as somebody who is tempted to jump on the Delia out bandwagon is that her and hubby are more open to the fans about their future intentions. They could, for example, just admit that they intend to transition ownership of the club to their nephew at some point in the future and emphasise that the club isn't for sale and isn't actively looking for potential buyers for that reason.

I would be strongly against this succession plan, but I would respect them for being more transparent about the future we are looking at. 

They've already done that, they said in the (admittedly cringeworthy) Times interview that Tom would be the recipient of those shares. They have softened the "we don't even listen to offers" that Delia said in that same interview, though. She said on the ACN podcast that Ben, Zoe and Stuart are in charge of assessing any offers of investment and presenting them to her/Michael if they believe they are worthy.

This implies that the status quo is that they aren't actively looking for potential buyers. But, as has been said many times elsewhere, if a very rich investor was interested in taking over, all they'd have to do is leak their interest to the press and then we'd have a conversation on our hands.

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

No. Three clubs get relegated every year, irrespective of how big the owners wallet is. 

Of course they do, but the obvious point is that money does not guarantee anything.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course they do, but the obvious point is that money does not guarantee anything.

Indeed. If the 44 clubs in the PL and Champs were all owned by billionaires, there's still only room for 20 at the top table. 

• Like 1

The numpties might have a case if we were in the parlous state of our impoverished neighbours

The club were promoted in 2015, and learnt their lessons in regard to spending what could not be repaid.

However instead of sitting back and grumbling about it, they have embarked on an extremely ambitious and well targeted plan to move the club forward. It is only the simpletons who thought this meant us being guaranteed a permanent PL place.

It does not, and it did actually exceed its target by going up last season. But the core plan is still there. We are not looking over our shoulder fearing bankruptcy, points deduction etc

There has been enormous progress since Webber and Farke took over. If the numpties choose not to see that then that is their choice, just as spending money to fly a plane is.

But having seen how half-cocked and incompetent their attempts to get this nonsense off the ground (literally) is then I would suggest it ill behoves them to complain about how the club is run.

45 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Look at Villa.....you heard Webber talk about p**ing money up the wall.....how many obscene millions have Villa spent over the years....it is mind blowing....and yet their record in recent years is no better than ours. £276 million they have spent in five years, nearly £200 million of that with no return on that money.  £200m and they have been grovelling down at the bottom of the premier league or in the championship.  So has it worked for them?  Has having all that money made them a better club? No, far from it.  Three of the last five years in the championship and going back down again.  And that's just one club.  Fulham, Stoke, Middsbro.......all grovelling.

Norwich?  Thriving.

Finances? Not a problem.

Good management set up? Yes.

Good players? Yes.

Good youth set up? Yes.

Good policy going forwards? Yes.

Norwich thriving? Just been relegated for a record 6th time with the lowest points total in our history. To any other set of fans that isn't "thriving", that's "on the decline". Set aside how you view the project, the youngsters etc, from a purely results view on the pitch, we aren't thriving.

Finances not a problem? Well I'd hope not, as we just spent a season in the EPL worth upwards of £100million and spent just £750k on transfers. I'd bloody well hope that they're not a problem right now. Although we're apparently making an additional £20mill loss due to COVID-19 and it was only 2 seasons ago that we were totally reliant on the sale of Maddison to prevent administration. That isn't exactly rosy.

Good management set up? Again, the only way you can judge that is results and performances, neither of which have been good enough this season. I like the way Farke has promoted youth, I don't like the way we haven't been able to defend set pieces for 3 seasons straight. I also don't think the coaching is doing enough to address the mental weaknesses in our team.

Good players? We have a few highly-rated youngsters, yes. But again, you can only judge the players on results and performances. Like so many other aspects of the club this season, they have not been good enough.

Good youth set up? Yes, not going to argue with this one. Just a shame it took going to the fans with the begging bowl for the Colney improvements to be funded, I don't see any other the other top clubs going cap in hand to the fans when infrastructure improvements are needed.

Good policy going forwards? Depends on what you're happy with. Top 26, settling for competing in the Champs? Keeping the club in Delia and MWJ's hands so they can pass it down to their penniless nephew? Showing as little ambition as possible to establish ourselves in the EPL?

You can regard me as overly pessimistic if you like, but you've got the yellow-tinted specs on all day long.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Norwich thriving? Just been relegated fir a record 6th time with the lowest points total in our history. To any other set of fans that isn't "thriving", that's "on the decline". Set aside how you view the project, the youngsters etc, from a purely results view on the pitch, we aren't thriving.

Finances not a problem? Well I'd hope not, as we just spent a season in the EPL worth upwards of £100million and spent just £750k on transfers. I'd bloody well hope that they're not a problem right now. Although we're apparently making an additional £20mill loss due to COVID-19 and it was only 2 seasons ago that we were totally reliant on the sale of Maddison to prevent administration. That isn't exactly rosy.

Good management set up? Again, the only way you can judge that is results and performances, neither of which have been good enough this season. I like the way Farke has promoted youth, I don't like the way we haven't been able to defend set pieces for 3 seasons straight. I also don't think the coaching is doing enough to address the mental weaknesses in our team.

Good players? We have a few highly-rated youngsters, yes. But again, you can only judge the players on results and performances. Like so many other aspects of the club this season, they have not been good enough.

Good youth set up? Yes, not going to argue with this one. Just a shame it took going to the fans with the begging bowl for the Colney improvements to be funded, I don't see any other the other top clubs going cap in hand to the fans when infrastructure improvements are needed.

Good policy going forwards? Depends on what you're happy with. Top 26, settling for competing in the Champs? Keeping the club in Delia and MWJ's hands so they can pass it down to their penniless nephew? Showing as little ambition as possible to establish ourselves in the EPL?

You can regard me as overly pessimistic if you like, but you've got the yellow-tinted specs on all day long.

You're overly pessimistic, and Lakey's overly optimistic. The truth is somewhere in the middle ground.

Just sayin' 🙂

15 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

This is so silly. Why is it a shame? The club developed, fans felt a sense of involvement AND made money out of it. The only people I ever see complain about this were those who were too slow, or not brave or committed enough to get involved with it themselves and feel like they missed out.

56 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't know if he's the most trustworthy option for heading up something since my last conversation with him on there was based on the fact he wanted Farke and Webber out for most of last season until we were pretty much guaranteed to get promoted - to which he claimed he'd never even posted on the group for that entire year.

Unfortunately for him, the posts don't delete themselves and there's a really handy search facility.

So like I say, if people are donating I hope it's done using a medium that protects peoples money.

Actually, i don't really care.

But you thought you would start a thread on it all the same.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is so silly. Why is it a shame? The club developed, fans felt a sense of involvement AND made money out of it. The only people I ever see complain about this were those who were too slow, or not brave or committed enough to get involved with it themselves and feel like they missed out.

Bashing the club for seeking external investment....whatever next....😃

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wrong end of the stick......again.

I was saying I don't care how this bloke has setup the payment procedure or if it's secure or whatever, because I obviously won't be putting any money into it.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think the not caring is in relation to whether people donating see their money safeguarded. As in, if they lost their money, he doesn't care. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So if hogesar doesn't care about whether money donated is safeguarded and thinks the whole idea is tinpot ( just to use an expression ) why bang away on here for getting on for 3 pages not forgetting of course as i said start the thread in the first place ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So if hogesar doesn't care about whether money donated is safeguarded and thinks the whole idea is tinpot ( just to use an expression ) why bang away on here for getting on for 3 pages not forgetting of course as i said start the thread in the first place ?

Because it's a conversation piece relating to the club and whilst your investigating skills seem to be lacking today i'll let you in on a well known secret - this is a Norwich City discussion forum.

I thought others might like to discuss it.

I thought I might like to discuss it with others. 

You know, a little like a forum.

But keep trying Til, keep trying. 🙂

54 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This is of course true.  But on the other hand a lack of money pretty much guarantees failure.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Because it concerns the club he supports, and he wants to discuss it with other fans on a football forum, perhaps?

EDIT: Ha, Hoggy beat me to the punch 🙂

Edited by Feedthewolf

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I'm sure Hoggy doesn't need me to reply on his behalf but I'm not sure if this was a response to me so...

You could always just say, "yeah, I got the wrong end of the stick, sorry"🙂

I mean, I'm not sure why you want to dwell on a throwaway and, pretty obviously, tongue in cheek inference to not caring about some folk losing their money or why it is such a big deal and while some might consider the idea 'tinpot', it does highlight the mood of the angrier end of our supporter spectrum. They are fans too and so it would seem a worthy enough subject for discussion, as has been highlighted by the fact that it has run to three pages of responses, including your own!

Edited by Duncan Edwards