6 hours ago, ricardo said:

Buying semi crocks is always chancey. How much did Jarvis take out and for very little in return?

Didn't we turn down the chance to sign Semi Crocks and he ended up having a decent season at WBA? His older cousin Ian was brilliant for us in the late 80s though.

26 minutes ago, Grando said:

Didn't we turn down the chance to sign Semi Crocks and he ended up having a decent season at WBA? His older cousin Ian was brilliant for us in the late 80s though.

I thought the Crocks made unfashionable rubber sandals

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I thought the Crocks made unfashionable rubber sandals

There is no such thing as a fashionable rubber sandal...🤩

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Byram was one of the high earners as he came in effectively as an established PL player (if one who was semi-permanently injured), and cost a lot less than he’d have otherwise been.  Part of this lower Up-front price may well have been taking on his higher wages.

Pretty much more thoughts

WHU would have said you can have him. but you will need to buy out his current contract. So we either pay that, or a bigger transfer fee which either way amounts to the same.

As to  "some of those players think they could get double that with a transfer."

That is a possibility that I doubt has occurred to many - we are truly blessed with those of incredible inside knowledge of the game

1 hour ago, Bill said:

As to  "some of those players think they could get double that with a transfer."

That is a possibility that I doubt has occurred to many - we are truly blessed with those of incredible inside knowledge of the game

Any particular reason you omitted ' unless of course ' out of my quote ? I think i know why but i will leave it for others to decide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Any particular reason you omitted ' unless of course ' out of my quote ? I think i know why but i will leave it for others to decide.

yep, because it was superfluous to the point being made - as putting it back shows

the real problem here is you trying to conjure up one - given that the quote was not attributed to you

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

would factor in with the "1 person on over £20k thing" anyway.

Annoying to see Rupp on the 2nd highest wages.

Well if we are stuck with Drmic, I hope somehow he can turn it around next season. I have some striker in my mind that was crap in the prem for some side recently and then ripped it up in the champs the year after... i can't remember who though.

If the alternative theory is correct and its Byram then I'm cool with that. He cost a few pence in transfer fee so if he's on big money then it explains that.

32 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Bushiri £15k a week, seems accurate 😂

He's presumbly still on Belguim 1st divison regular starter wages, so yes it is pretty accurate.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's presumbly still on Belguim 1st divison regular starter wages, so yes it is pretty accurate.

Do you really believe that we would sign a player who was not ready for our first team and pay him £15k a week?

49 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Do you really believe that we would sign a player who was not ready for our first team and pay him £15k a week?

He's loaned out. We arent paying those wages, we earning them.

If he's on £15k then we have been mugged off. I kind of thought when he joined that he might have been for the first team though, given he's a Belgium u21 International

I'd be surprised if it were Byram, but I wouldn't begrudge him that money half as much as I would Drmic.

Both injury prone, but Byram works his socks off when playing and Drmic looks disinterested to me.

42 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd be surprised if it were Byram, but I wouldn't begrudge him that money half as much as I would Drmic.

Both injury prone, but Byram works his socks off when playing and Drmic looks disinterested to me.

Hope Drmic is afforded the luxury of starting next season with a clean slate.

It's not uncommon for players to take a while to adapt to Farke's system, and he had very little pitch time prior to the shutdown. I agree he has been awful since the restart, but give him a pre-season and Championship defences to run at and we might see a very different player.

Same goes for Rupp, coming in half way through a season in which we're struggling big time and having to adapt on the fly.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hope Drmic is afforded the luxury of starting next season with a clean slate.

It's not uncommon for players to take a while to adapt to Farke's system, and he had very little pitch time prior to the shutdown. I agree he has been awful since the restart, but give him a pre-season and Championship defences to run at and we might see a very different player.

Same goes for Rupp, coming in half way through a season in which we're struggling big time and having to adapt on the fly.

I do think everybody should get a clean slate, and I remember how poor Vrancic looked for the first 6 months so can't rule out Drmic improving somewhat, and he may well be one of those players who is too good for the Championship but not quite good enough for the Premier League (I really hope so). 

But I still think he doesn't look bothered, and that does bother me, and there isn't really going to be a pre-season this time around in the normal sense. 

I think Rupp looks like he'll be a useful squad player, and think he's got a bit of Gary O'Neil about him which we will see more of as he settles in and adjusts to English football.

If Drmic is really on £50,000 per week we need to already see him up, running and 100% committed. So far we don't, so get rid IMO.

• Like 1