Rich T The Biscuit

Emi to Leeds, apparently

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could be a big war chest for Daniel to use in the summer then. 

Could be really, on paper not weaken us too much in the championship.

Edited by Indy

I suspect this is no more than a desperate need to having something to talk about on a very slow time - transfer wise

By now the leagues are sorted out for the following season - so enquiries do emerge.

Buendia is not the finished product, so I am not sure any promoted side would want to tie up money, while they wait for him to develop. Their plan will be to throw everything they can at 'already made players to keep them up

And I am certain we won't be looking at selling until we know where were are next season.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I suspect this is no more than a desperate need to having something to talk about on a very slow time - transfer wise

By now the leagues are sorted out for the following season - so enquiries do emerge.

Buendia is not the finished product, so I am not sure any promoted side would want to tie up money, while they wait for him to develop. Their plan will be to throw everything they can at 'already made players to keep them up

And I am certain we won't be looking at selling until we know where were are next season.

Where we are next season! You suggesting we might stay up! Are you Lakey in disguise? 😉

Yes probably right in just a load of bull, but no coincidence that we’ve signed a young winger who’s shown plenty in a lesser league no doubt but done well.

Leed's feeder club?

That'd be a turn up for the books.

Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass. Revenge would smell  sweet for them.

I forget the name of their leading goalscorer from Argentina, that Hughton forgot to play.

12 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Leed's feeder club?

That'd be a turn up for the books.

Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass. Revenge would smell  sweet for them.

I forget the name of their leading goalscorer from Argentina, that Hughton forgot to play.

Luciano Becchio.

Leeds have not been promoted yet ! They are in a good position but not started well after the break. I like Emi, he was sensational in the Championship but has surprised and disappointed me this season, i thought he was odds on to leave his mark. He has had some flashes and to be fair may blossom in a better side

27 minutes ago, Indy said:

Where we are next season! You suggesting we might stay up! Are you Lakey in disguise? 😉

Yes probably right in just a load of bull, but no coincidence that we’ve signed a young winger who’s shown plenty in a lesser league no doubt but done well.

I'm speaking from the club's perception of things 😉

but I expect players will move on, and why not.

That's how we got them, and we certainly look more than capable of 'churning out' more.

Though not being a UK qualifying player will mean that he won't quite have the attraction of our other 'bright young things''

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Why would he want to play Championship football next season?

Because he’s not shown he’s good enough for top flight just yet in my opinion. It could be argued Cantwell has developed better and is a better player after this season’s performances. Buendia has a great pass but the rest of his game and temperament need ore work.

Edited by Indy

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

The rumour is a load of rubbish but certainly Premier League clubs will see him as more than good enough at this level, considering in a poor side he is the 5th best in the entire league for assists, having set a new record for most chances created in a single calendar month in December (27, and thats despite not being in the team at the start of the month).

His flaws in losing the ball in dangerous positions etc which I find insanely frustrating can be better covered in a better team. If he wants to go he'll have much better offers than Leeds.

In a better side he would be immense, sadly his creative skills have been rarely capitalised on in our side this season.

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Luciano Becchio.

Ah, remember now "Luciano, Luciano, wherefore art thou Luciano?"

Scored 75 in 190 appearances for Leeds, none in just 13 for us.

Between about 2014 and his retirement into coaching in 2018 he played for various smaller clubs (Rotherham, two spells) both here and abroad and only scored 8 more goals.

(Wiki.)

Strange career. Strange business all round.

Some sort of comparison here with RVW in as much as a striker is often only as good as the system he plays in, or the players around him (McD & Boyer?)

14 hours ago, Indy said:

Because he’s not shown he’s good enough for top flight just yet in my opinion. It could be argued Cantwell has developed better and is a better player after this season’s performances. Buendia has a great pass but the rest of his game and temperament need ore work.

On a goal scoring front I think that’s fair to say, but the rest of his stats have apparently got him right up there with the best in Europe this season. 

I don’t think a man of his talent can really go much longer without scoring, a big goal for us against Everton could see him go on a run (which could change our season), I think Emi’s that type of player. My gut feeling is that he will eventually go to the top. He’s already above a newly promoted teams level in my opinion, so I can’t see him go to next years candidates for relegation should they actually manage it this year.

Leeds were interested around the time we bought him, we just moved quicker. Could be that they're after him again, sure, but feels like an easy 2+2 from the media.

Agreed that Emi doesn't get on the ball in dangerous areas enough at the moment to be effective, but that is as much down to the player as the team. As the season has worn on he's become less and less attentive in working back, to the point now that he spends the majority of the time high up on the right side isolated behind a wall of opposition players; a good deal of his actual contributions (so not just the horribly ambiguous 'chances created') have come from deep when the team has a chance to move up in front of him- Chelsea H, Man City H, Leicester A to name a few.

An excellent player and he will go far, but he's been a little lost this season. 

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

On a goal scoring front I think that’s fair to say, but the rest of his stats have apparently got him right up there with the best in Europe this season. 

I don’t think a man of his talent can really go much longer without scoring, a big goal for us against Everton could see him go on a run (which could change our season), I think Emi’s that type of player. My gut feeling is that he will eventually go to the top. He’s already above a newly promoted teams level in my opinion, so I can’t see him go to next years candidates for relegation should they actually manage it this year.

Well I know people (especially managers and coaches!) pay a lot more attention to statistics in football than they used to but IMO they still don't tell the whole story and I don't think that at any time during this season Emi has looked the player that we hoped\thought he might be in the Prem.

That's not too say that he won't eventually become a top, top player - he certainly has the talent but maybe another season tearing up the Championship is the best way of getting his talents flowing again (and learning to eliminate some of the costly mistakes).

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Well I know people (especially managers and coaches!) pay a lot more attention to statistics in football than they used to but IMO they still don't tell the whole story and I don't think that at any time during this season Emi has looked the player that we hoped\thought he might be in the Prem.

That's not too say that he won't eventually become a top, top player - he certainly has the talent but maybe another season tearing up the Championship is the best way of getting his talents flowing again (and learning to eliminate some of the costly mistakes).

Agree with that, I think he's actually more suited to top divisions in other countries than he is the PL.

Leeds reported to be investing £50m if promoted.  The bulk of that needs to be on a striker to keep them up Bamford not up to beating PL defenders.  Last Season newcastle paid £340m for Joelinton we saw how much you get for £40m.  Villa spent a similiar fee on another Brazillian forget his name but not scored enough to keep Villa out of Relegation zone.  Probably will not have enough for Emi and they already have a tricky South American who scored for Leeds against City in Aug/Sep 2019, so really dont need trickster who struggles to score in PL. 

Although I do believe that Leeds are finally going to get promoted this season, it’s not over yet and we’ve all seen the number of times they’ve slumped in the past. Although the board have said they believe we won’t need to sell this summer, I think we will end up selling some of our talent but if we do I don’t think we will sell it cheaply. Emi said recently he was happy to be at the club and if Leeds want him so badly ask for £40m+ for him