Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

If this season is completed in the PL....

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Persuasion

Yes but why do you think their aims/views would differ?

Because the EPL are only focused on the CL. If they told the FA that if the season cannot be completed but avoid costly court cases, they will scrap relegation, although the EFL might say the same, any hold up to starting a new season would not go down well with the top EPL clubs.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Because the EPL are only focused on the CL. If they told the FA that if the season cannot be completed but avoid costly court cases, they will scrap relegation, although the EFL might say the same, any hold up to starting a new season would not go down well with the top EPL clubs.

You would hope so but I fear there are some potential agendas at play here. 

Still care home staff struggling to get tests yet EPL players and staff using thousands. Shocking!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Still care home staff struggling to get tests yet EPL players and staff using thousands. Shocking!

We can’t get one either working for the NHS unless your showing symptoms. Feel for the care home staff as they are by far the most vulnerable and of course the residents. 

• Like 2

Yes, we are discussing which immoral way football is going to conduct itself, not whether it is . And just how the Government should have stepped in. Testing equipment has to be priority for nothing other than the NHS and Care Staff.

The PL is sourcing and paying for the tests privately at huge expense and are from a company based in Hong Kong I believe. These tests on the players have no negative impact on tests for NHS or care home staff, The PL have clarified this as well.  I don’t agree with the rush to get football back but the inadequate testing for NHS and care homes lies solely with the government and isn’t the responsibility of private companies 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/08/premier-league-spend-4-million-coronavirus-test-kits/

Edited by JF

This discrepancy (outrage?) in EPL players getting tested and NHS or Care workers not receiving tests just shows how things are valued in society doesn't it? (regardless of how tests are funded)

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This discrepancy (outrage?) in EPL players getting tested and NHS or Care workers not receiving tests just shows how things are valued in society doesn't it? (regardless of how tests are funded)

More of a case of money can buy anything. The government could have used these private companies as well to increase their testing capacity. £4 million is the figure for the PL to pay for this season’s tests. As I’ve said I don’t agree with it being rushed back but these are not tests that are being taken away from anybody else. 

13 minutes ago, JF said:

The PL is sourcing and paying for the tests privately at huge expense and are from a company based in Hong Kong I believe. These tests on the players have no negative impact on tests for NHS or care home staff, The PL have clarified this as well.  I don’t agree with the rush to get football back but the inadequate testing for NHS and care homes lies solely with the government and isn’t the responsibility of private companies 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/08/premier-league-spend-4-million-coronavirus-test-kits/

That is one view of course. Maybe the EPL could have told the Government about their easy way to get testing kits.

And of course, a laboratory must be involved.

What’s the deal with the tests?

The Premier League invested £4million to acquire coronavirus testing kits as part of wide-ranging health protocols to ensure its Project Restart plan is implemented safely.

Conducted by Hong Kong-based biotechnology company Prenetics as part of its ‘Project Screen’ programme, the tests will determine if an individual has the virus now and not if they have contracted it in the past.

How many tests are there?

Each club will receive up to 80 tests to ensure 40 players and staff can be tested twice a week.

Do the tests take away supply from the NHS or other frontline workers?

No, Prenetics are a private consortium and these tests have been paid for by the Premier League and is of no cost to the taxpayer.

"As a company, if we were asked to provide any preference to NHS that would be the first priority," Avi Lasarow, chief executive of the firm, told The Independent. 

"But naturally we are not taking away any NHS capacity.

What is the testing procedure?

The test consists of two parts. The first involves taking a swab of the nose and the back of the throat, which is done in less than a minute. These are conducted at drive-through stations. The samples are sealed and couriered to The Doctors Laboratory, a private facility in London. The analysis done there represents step two and is fed back to the Premier League clubs. Results can be delivered within 48 hours.

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Rio Ferdinand has some connection with the testing company apparently. 

Maybe they were the company that were to conduct his drug test he missed!

Edited by JF

oh dear, poor Bill

was it just a week or so back that he was trying to explain that tests used by the PL would not be taken from a (limited) stock the NHS held

Even further back he was pointing out the idiocy of bleating out about the 'integrity' of the game, or how it should be made null and void... the games will not be played

what's that Bill ?

you were talking about how different the country would be by the time the PL wanted to start..... well just look at the beaches today, not a soul about...was there 😆

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Has it got to the point where so few people will converse with you that you are now holding conversations with yourself?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JF said:

How many tests are there?

Each club will receive up to 80 tests to ensure 40 players and staff can be tested twice a week.

I assume that's 80 tests per week and not that they are only testing in the first week (like the champs saying they'll do the first test then players will have to do their tests at home after that)

5 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I assume that's 80 tests per week and not that they are only testing in the first week (like the champs saying they'll do the first test then players will have to do their tests at home after that)

Yes 80 tests per club each week for the remainder of the season

Edited by JF
  • Thanks 1

I’m kind of resigned to the idea that whatever happens we are going to get f**cked over now.

Our only real hope is to play the games and finish 17th.

Still not fair if we get relegated unless Championship play their games in my opinion. Plus we miss out on our cup run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’m kind of resigned to the idea that whatever happens we are going to get f**cked over now.

Our only real hope is to play the games and finish 17th.

Still not fair if we get relegated unless Championship play their games in my opinion. Plus we miss out on our cup run.

F.A cup is included in the plans and matches are to be played consecutively in August 

Am I missing something?

if the swabs are being done at a drive through testing station, is it a station that is already set up, or will there be drive through centres set up for footballers only.

Who then differentiates in where these tests are sent or do they just get sent to the same laboratories that frontline staff are being analysed at. I can’t see where another outsourced company is involved?

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Am I missing something?

if the swabs are being done at a drive through testing station, is it a station that is already set up, or will there be drive through centres set up for footballers only.

Who then differentiates in where these tests are sent or do they just get sent to the same laboratories that frontline staff are being analysed at. I can’t see where another outsourced company is involved?

The tests are conducted at the training grounds entrance and then sent to a private facility in London 

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JF said:

F.A cup is included in the plans and matches are to be played consecutively in August 

Take that bit back, wasn’t aware. One small bright bit of news if it happens. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t though, if time becomes a constraint call me cynical but I suspect the Cup will get culled for the EPL.

Edited by Monty13

16 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Take that bit back, wasn’t aware. One small bright bit of news if it happens. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t though, if time becomes a constraint call me cynical but I suspect the Cup will get culled for the EPL.

Appears that plan may have actually changed as August was originally said but now they are saying it could be done alongside the remainder of the season 

As far as I am concerned, it is obscene. And nothing will change that opinion.

That some front line staff still haven't had a test and football considers it is OK not to use their money to help in the fight.

There should be no private access to testing kits and laboratories. Blame the Government of course but it still alter the immorality of football.