Well b back

Come on Sarah

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

Not seen the FT @Well b back but I am expecting that we hear this week. Otherwise, that exclusive report detaling the Monday week start of distribution looks ill-founded. 

I read that they're doing more research into those AstroZeneca datasets. Yet, I'm also hopeful we hear about approval for this vaccine also soon. 

I suspect given the Brexit deadline (isn't it Wednesday?) for any deal, to give time enough for ratification, that the media will be full of this particular story over the next two or three days.

Your report seems to be everywhere, all quoting leaked NHS documents. As far as AstraZeneca goes I think you will find it’s approved and there will be ongoing research for more data into the 1/2 dose ect. I feel our usual sources are making more of this than the experts and we might as well have some protection especially if it stops severe symptoms.

If the deadline for Brexit deals is Wednesday expect this the same day I reckon, lots of good news or something good so we don’t take much notice of the bad news.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.  As long as we get an actual announcement pretty soon, and they're starting vaccinating in short order afterwards, I'm ok with that.

I heard them interviewing an academic from Edinburgh Uni on Saturday who was saying she expected it to be a gradual process of getting back to normality next year, there won't be any sudden switchover just the restrictions will gradually be relaxed over time, which makes sense to me.  

• Thanks 1

An exciting video for you to listen to. Mr Pfizer rather than Sarah, but confirming he expects approval soon, first shipment will be sent within 2 hours of approval ( from any country ) and he wants lives saved so will ship plenty if we are the only approvers initially. Don’t worry it’s the sun, this contains his interview with SKY. 50 million £20’s in his back pocket before Christmas, bet his family get some good pressies.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13243835/pfizer-covid-vaccine-approval-normal-life-coronavirus/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Japan Times reporting we are about to announce ( early this week ) that Pfizer is authorised in the UK. If so we may have a bigger first batch than we thought ? As the FDA and Europe not even meeting until 15/12.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/11/29/world/science-health-world/uk-pfizer-biontech-coronavirus-vaccine/

Cheers @Well b back ....you're quite a terrier sniffing out these stories. Very encouraging news. Looks like Monday week could be on for Pfizer.

Just now, sonyc said:

Cheers @Well b back ....you're quite a terrier sniffing out these stories. Very encouraging news. Looks like Monday week could be on for Pfizer.

I am predicting Pfizer approved by Wednesday ( have a listen to Mr Biontech rather than Pfizer as I put ) and Oxford-AstraZeneca being approved by Friday. Maybe they will launch both on the same day to give the confidence in Oxford and say it is 90% effective on under 55’s so Pfizer for the clinically vulnerable and over 80’s a dose of Oxford for the rest of us.

I am beginning to think we are going to get a big batch of Pfizer as nobody else seems to be able to move before 15/12. 

• Thanks 1

With all the excitement didn’t seem to exciting news but for the record we have just bought another 2 million doses of Moderna.

11 hours ago, Well b back said:

An exciting video for you to listen to. Mr Pfizer rather than Sarah, but confirming he expects approval soon, first shipment will be sent within 2 hours of approval ( from any country ) and he wants lives saved so will ship plenty if we are the only approvers initially. Don’t worry it’s the sun, this contains his interview with SKY. 50 million £20’s in his back pocket before Christmas, bet his family get some good pressies.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13243835/pfizer-covid-vaccine-approval-normal-life-coronavirus/

Looks like Mr Pfizer is going to be the winner then with the others a close second.

Glad to hear from the man himself that he thinks 2021 2nd half will be back to basically normal. It'll be nice to stop treating other people like viruses finally. Perhaps when we see how well these vaccines do, a few antivaxxers might be won around, probably not though!

Mr Fauci's latest spiel below. Gives some more detail about how many serious cases there were in the trials.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1333146966985908224

Now they just need to hurry up and give that approval!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moderna vaccine has 100% efficacy against severe Covid-19, final results show 

The UK has secured seven million doses of the jab from the US firm - enough for around 3.5 million people in the UK

ByTelegraph Reporters30 November 2020 • 1:17pm

The Moderna coronavirus vaccine may offer very high levels of protection against Covid-19 and there appears to be no evidence efficacy is worse at older ages, primary analysis for the final phase of the study suggests.

The UK has secured seven million doses of the jab from the US firm - enough for around 3.5 million people in the UK.

Moderna said the analysis of the phase three COVE study of the vaccine candidate, called mRNA-1273, involving 30,000 participants included 196 cases of Covid-19, of which 30 cases were severe.

Vaccine efficacy against the disease was 94.1 per cent, and vaccine efficacy against severe Covid-19 was 100 per cent, the company reported.

It added that the jab is generally well tolerated with no serious safety concerns identified to date.

The study has exceeded two months of median follow-up post-vaccination.

Announcing the results on Monday, Moderna said it plans to request emergency use authorisation from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), to apply for a conditional marketing authorisation with the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and to progress with the rolling reviews, which have already been initiated with international regulatory agencies.

Stephane Bancel, chief executive of Moderna, said: "This positive primary analysis confirms the ability of our vaccine to prevent Covid-19 disease with 94.1 per cent efficacy and importantly, the ability to prevent severe Covid-19 disease.

"We believe that our vaccine will provide a new and powerful tool that may change the course of this pandemic and help prevent severe disease, hospitalisations and death."

The analysis released on Monday was based on 196 cases, of which 185 cases of Covid-19 were observed in the placebo group, versus 11 cases observed in the vaccinated group.

This resulted in a point estimate of vaccine efficacy of 94.1 per cent.

A secondary endpoint analysed severe cases of the virus and included 30 severe cases.

All 30 cases occurred in the placebo group and none in the vaccinated group.

The company said there was one Covid-19-related death in the study to date, which occurred in the placebo group.

Moderna reports that efficacy was consistent across age, race and ethnicity, and gender demographics.

The 196 coronavirus cases included 33 adults aged 65 and over, and 42 participants identifying as being from diverse communities.

health.png
Global Health Bulletin
Get the latest coronavirus news and advice as the outbreak continues

20 hours ago, Well b back said:

I am predicting Pfizer approved by Wednesday ( have a listen to Mr Biontech rather than Pfizer as I put ) and Oxford-AstraZeneca being approved by Friday. Maybe they will launch both on the same day to give the confidence in Oxford and say it is 90% effective on under 55’s so Pfizer for the clinically vulnerable and over 80’s a dose of Oxford for the rest of us.

I am beginning to think we are going to get a big batch of Pfizer as nobody else seems to be able to move before 15/12. 

And it could be ready by Wednesday! Your Wednesday prediction might have weight.

First vaccine doses could be given on Wednesday, according to reports - Cornwall Live

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/first-vaccine-doses-could-given-4748732

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes brilliant news.

Sods law for me I tested positive on Sunday, hence why I have not been on. I am pleased to report however that although not nice symptoms, I am experiencing mild symptoms only. As I do feel much better this morning, I will keep all you workers updated throughout the day, and of course be ready for any Oxford-AstraZeneca news.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Yes brilliant news.

Sods law for me I tested positive on Sunday, hence why I have not been on. I am pleased to report however that although not nice symptoms, I am experiencing mild symptoms only. As I do feel much better this morning, I will keep all you workers updated throughout the day, and of course be ready for any Oxford-AstraZeneca news.

Good news indeed. 
Really sorry to hear you are unwell, best wishes for a swift recovery. 
Clearly you decided to jump the gun on the vaccination and aquire your own immunity, hopefully, 👍

Edited by Van wink
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I am going for the double Oxford-AstraZeneca by the end of the week.

With you👍

38 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yes brilliant news.

Hoping you have a quick recovery.

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Good news indeed. 
Really sorry to hear you are unwell, best wishes for a swift recovery. 
Clearly you decided to jump the gun on the vaccination and squire your own immunity, hopefully, 👍

Thanks VW.

How I caught it is a warning for you all at Christmas as well. Our frail elderly father in law was in a care home and had a severe infection, ( nothing to do with COVID ) was sent to hospital, but wanted to come home to die. 2 carers put in place and we and my wife’s brothers family isolated. When he returned home of course we were then in a position to give him his wish and have his family nearby. Although he was tested before leaving hospital ( a negative result ) of course that only applies for that day. There wasn’t time for him to isolate for 14 days before we saw him, but unfortunately he had contracted the virus in hospital. Although we all maintained full social distancing 4 from 8 of us are positive. 2 of the 4 not to catch it wore masks all the time. Of the 4 that did catch it 2 are having a rough time. The father in law is back in hospital.

I put up this story not to say don’t do this or don’t do that at Christmas, but to show you that even in what you consider a safe setting you can never be certain. When you get that text that says ‘ you have tested positive for the virus, but please don’t worry ‘ I can assure you, you do nothing but worry.

Make sure you evaluate all the risks before meeting on mass.

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe a delay to Oxford-AstraZeneca as unconfirmed reports saying MHRA has asked for some more information.

Thanks @Well b back I'm pleased you're back posting because that means you're up to it! My cousins had it and the worst was the first 3/4 days and by the 5th they were feeling better so hopefully you're coming out of the woods about now!

Thanks for all the updates and stories. . ..seems the press do get all kinds of leaks. To use a footballing metaphor,  you are the tenacious midfielder doing a lot of the hard work, tracking stuff, relaying etc

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Thanks VW.

How I caught it is a warning for you all at Christmas as well. Our frail elderly father in law was in a care home and had a severe infection, ( nothing to do with COVID ) was sent to hospital, but wanted to come home to die. 2 carers put in place and we and my wife’s brothers family isolated. When he returned home of course we were then in a position to give him his wish and have his family nearby. Although he was tested before leaving hospital ( a negative result ) of course that only applies for that day. There wasn’t time for him to isolate for 14 days before we saw him, but unfortunately he had contracted the virus in hospital. Although we all maintained full social distancing 4 from 8 of us are positive. 2 of the 4 not to catch it wore masks all the time. Of the 4 that did catch it 2 are having a rough time. The father in law is back in hospital.

I put up this story not to say don’t do this or don’t do that at Christmas, but to show you that even in what you consider a safe setting you can never be certain. When you get that text that says ‘ you have tested positive for the virus, but please don’t worry ‘ I can assure you, you do nothing but worry.

Make sure you evaluate all the risks before meeting on mass.

Thanks @Well b back and best wishes buddy, let us know how it goes for you and your folks.

Sarah’s vaccine a close second assuming Sputnik is a copy lol

President Vladimir Putin has ordered Russian authorities to begin mass vaccinations against coronavirus from next week.

“Let’s agree on this - you will not report to me next week, but you will start mass vaccination ... let’s get to work already,” he told Deputy Prime Minister Tatiana Golikova, according to a statement.

Mr Putin said Russia will have produced two million doses within the next few days. 

Last month Russia said that its domestically-made Sputnik V jab was 92% effective, according to interim results.

While some scientists welcomed the news, others said the data had been rushed out too early.

Today Russia has also delivered its first batch of vaccines to military personnel as part of efforts to immunise the country's armed forces. Last week, Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said around 400,000 service members would be vaccinated.

More than 2.3 million cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Russia, but infection rates have slowed in recent days.

On Tuesday Anna Popova, the head of Russia's public health watchdog, said infection levels had stabilised in 58 of Russia's 85 regions.

11 hours ago, Well b back said:

Sods law for me I tested positive on Sunday, hence why I have not been on.

I wish you a speedy recovery WBB, and I thank you for you tireless dedication to this thread, it has been my go to thread for vax news and to see it unsullied by factional and partisan posts is a joy to behold.

Thanks again. OTBC

3 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I wish you a speedy recovery WBB, and I thank you for you tireless dedication to this thread, it has been my go to thread for vax news and to see it unsullied by factional and partisan posts is a joy to behold.

Thanks again. OTBC

Agree with this.

I sounded like a soothsayer when the promise i made to work on monday that there would be a vaccine approved by Wednesday came true

New U.K. celebrity Van Tam is currently answering questions. He has said the vaccine maybe available tomorrow as it will be here in hours. On Oxford he said

Prof Van-Tam is now asked whether the Oxford vaccine may be approved before Christmas.

He says: "I'm hopeful that will happen but that's entirely out of my hands."

It's down to the MHRA, the UK regulatory body. 

"If it takes them a few weeks, or a few months, that's fine," he says. They have to get it right on efficacy, safety and the quality of the product, he adds.

Here is a summing up. Some won’t be pleased as he was indicating it is down to individual countries wether they allow travel to their country, but is it no different to the Yellow Fever jab or Malaria which you need for some travel. I keep hearing as well you will need regular jabs, the vaccine won’t cope with mutations ect. At the moment it looks likes they are beginning to think that might not happen due to the T cells ( isn’t it amazing how on this thread we understand these terms lol ), they really are therefore uncertain. If you hear anyone saying that at least you can say how do you know that as it’s not known yet.

We've spent the morning hearing from Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, England's deputy chief medical officer, who's been answering questions from BBC viewers and listeners. 

If you missed any of it, here's a summary of what he's shared with us:

• He expects US and European regulators to approve the Pfizer vaccine in "not very many days"
  • The logistics of the vaccine means that it's "not viable" to take it into individual homes if people are housebound
  • He's "hopeful" the Oxford University vaccine will be approved before Christmas, although that decision is in the hands of the UK's regulators
  • For people with allergies concerned about getting the vaccine, he says the ingredients will be made available as soon as they get them from the manufacturer
  • On hugs, he says the vaccine may not give everyone "complete protection" so social distancing rules should still be followed
  • The government may look at a jobs-based priority list once the care home/age/clinical need priority list has been worked through
  • On vaccine certificates, he says there are “definite plans” to make sure we know who's had the vaccine, but could not give a firm answer on certificates
  • The vaccine should not be given to pregnant women because there's no data on its effect yet
  • The vaccine should give protection for "quite a few months as an absolute minimum - and it could be longer"
  • And Father Christmas will be front of the queue to get the vaccine (He's been made a special case by the JCVI)

Hopefully this will be worldwide amongst all social media even here.

Facebook says it will start removing false claims about Covid-19 vaccines in the coming weeks to prevent "imminent physical harm".

The company says it is accelerating its plans to ban misleading and false information on its Facebook and Instagram platforms following the announcement of the first vaccine being approved for use in the UK.

The company says it will remove false claims about vaccines "that have already been debunked by public health experts", such as falsehoods about vaccine ingredients, safety, effectiveness and side-effects.

Also banned will be the long-running conspiracy theory that coronavirus vaccines will contain a microchip to control or monitor patients.

• Like 1

According to todays "Times" it looks like my group will be started on before the end of December.👍

• Like 2