Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

On the cattle prod theme - perhaps we could give him a smart collar. Any sign of indecision or boosterism it plays a little tune - if not corrected in 5 minutes a mild shock with increasing severity for delay.

He can (and will) be trained

Just need him to read the pink un message board as we seem to get told things that he claims he could never have predicted. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JF said:

If schools are closed until mid February then that is 5 months education lost in under a year. How are they getting this time back? Homeschooling simply doesn’t work for most parents, who will have to juggle their own jobs with trying to educate their children

The education issue could be solved by closing now for a few weeks and compensating with a few weeks off the summer holiday. Not ideal for teachers or tourism and i am sure kids want a break in summer not January.

Unless that happens I guess for the greater good we all accept that education  and the economy will suffer and that parents will get increasingly annoyed with their own children.

1 minute ago, JF said:

If schools are closed until mid February then that is 5 months education lost in under a year. How are they getting this time back? Homeschooling simply doesn’t work for most parents, who will have to juggle their own jobs with trying to educate their children

Scotland have closed them, but Sturgeon has spoken of her plan, very clear. All educational staff will now be prioritised for immunisation so their schools can be opened ASAP. Any parent with a child ( non key workers ) must be placed on Furlough by their employees, if they have to look after their children.
In fairness if you lived up North where the virus has been in greater numbers, we have a different problem in that our son as an example with his college, every time they go back, someone tests positive and they can’t come out of their bedrooms for 2 weeks. We estimate last term he missed 12 weeks in 16, whilst our granddaughter missed 10 weeks in 16.

14 minutes ago, JF said:

How about cutting back school holidays? 1 week at Easter, 3 weeks in Summer. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I agree with this but the teachers unions will likely be all over that

Leaked to the press first as always.
The prime minister is expected to announce a set of new national restrictions for England at 20:00 GMT, similar to the national lockdown in March, that he is likely to urge the public to follow from midnight. 

It’s expected that people will be told to work from home unless they are a key worker, or it is not possible for them to do so, for example if they work on a construction site. 

Schools will close again for most pupils. 

It is not yet clear when the measures will be reviewed, but MPs are likely to be given a vote to approve them retrospectively on Wednesday. 

This comes after the rapid rises in coronavirus cases and admissions to the NHS.

12 minutes ago, JF said:

I agree with this but the teachers unions will likely be all over that

This is not the time for Teachers to start moaning about working time. Much of the public thinks they are underworked and overpaid so they won't get much sympathy.

Everyone has made sacrifices and some will do more than others. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

All sport cancelled again? Would make sense.

If you mean Amateur then I think so, Scotland it seems are allowing elite football, but I have not seen that confirmed yet.

Just now, Well b back said:

If you mean Amateur then I think so, Scotland it seems are allowing elite football, but I have not seen that confirmed yet.

I think elite sports have to close as well. They are already cancelling too many matches due to covid same as last March. It also brings the issue home to many the severity of the situation.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Lol

Reckon Sturgeon will more likely be saying I just pulled my puppets strings again. 

IMG_20210104_181347.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Scotland and elite football aren't normally in the dame sentence.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Scotland and elite football aren't normally in the dame sentence.

Perhaps that’s why the are allowing it then! None to be found anywhere!

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Scotland have closed them, but Sturgeon has spoken of her plan, very clear. All educational staff will now be prioritised for immunisation so their schools can be opened ASAP. 

The problem with that is that every jab going to a teacher is not a jab going to someone else and if the issue is spread between pupils jabbing the teachers isn't going to stop that.

6 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

The problem with that is that every jab going to a teacher is not a jab going to someone else and if the issue is spread between pupils jabbing the teachers isn't going to stop that.

But good or bad wether it works or not at least she has a plan and unlike our vaccine minister she is happy to share it.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Thats what I suggested earlier but there will be a still be a huge economic hit and especially to tourist areas. many families will also go without a summer break for a second year too.

Truth is there is no right answer. Other than vaccinating according to a plan every action we take to stop the virus has an impact elsewhere.

I guess we find out the plan for England in 12 minutes.

Doesn't matter for me, where I am everything is closed anyway. The only step up is to ban leaving the house.

Edited by Barbe bleu

So, full lockdown until further notice, all schools and colleges closed except for essential workers children, vulnerable children and nurseries.  

Edited by paul moy

5 minutes ago, paul moy said:

So, full lockdown until further notice, all schools and colleges closed except for essential workers children, vulnerable children and nurseries.  

He’s getting a lot of stick, do you think he should go ? Only last night he said schools would not close and were safe. 3 days ago he told us we would all be vaccinated by March.

4 hours ago, JF said:

Just posted this on the main forum thread but the last announcement for people like myself who are self employed in construction was an absolute farce, literally nobody knew if we should be working or not and at the time there was also no financial help available. Even now there are many self employed people who are not being financially supported through no fault of their own. In the end many of us couldn’t work because the merchants closed down but the governments message was we should be working! Can’t do that without materials!!! He needs to be incredibly clear tonight otherwise there will be many people again confused. And that financial help needs to be there for EVERYONE. And not this 80% up to £2500 before tax nonsense, full pay. if you’re being legally stopped from working then the government have no right to dictate what your income is

So as I said, again it seems that those in construction are expected to continue to work as he states “if you absolutely can’t work from home” but yet again they fail to take into account that the supply chains will likely close...

3 minutes ago, JF said:

So as I said, again it seems that those in construction are expected to continue to work as he states “if you absolutely can’t work from home” but yet again they fail to take into account that the supply chains will likely close...

I work in construction (not in the UK these days, but 20+ years in Kent/South East)

My ex colleagues have told me they worked through the previous 2 lockdown

What has been your experience? Has it been hard?

6 minutes ago, JF said:

Business is not happy, there may indeed be business protection, but they are astonished he did not mention it.

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I work in construction (not in the UK these days, but 20+ years in Kent/South East)

My ex colleagues have told me they worked through the previous 2 lockdown

What has been your experience? Has it been hard?

Getting materials was hard the first one as most merchants closed as I expect they will this time. The biggest problem is the backlog of work it creates and then the stress that comes with that

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I guess we find out the plan for England in 12 minutes.

Doesn't matter for me, where I am everything is closed anyway. The only step up is to ban leaving the house.

i would definitely dispute the notion that there is, or ever has been, a plan.

We are now almost a year into this crisis and at every stage it has been abundantly clear that the government had no strategy or even a plan - all the actions they've undertaken have been entirely re-active, and usually very slow reactions at that.

Even worse on most occasions their decisions, even when they've eventually been arrived at, have then been rapidly reversed as it becomes apparent even to the bunch of idiots we 'laughingly' call the cabinet that they've screwed up again.

We are not following the science, we have learnt absolutely nothing from other countries who are tackling the crisis effectively and we have a dithering, indecisive, serial liar and gross incompetent as Prime Minister, and a Cabinet in which not a single minister is remotely fit for purpose.

Johnson has created has the worst, deadliest, self-inflicted sh*tshow this country has ever seen and if he had a single iota of integrity or humanity then he would have resigned this everning......................fat chance!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

i would definitely dispute the notion that there is, or ever has been, a plan.

We are now almost a year into this crisis and at every stage it has been abundantly clear that the government had no strategy or even a plan - all the actions they've undertaken have been entirely re-active, and usually very slow reactions at that.

Even worse on most occasions their decisions, even when they've eventually been arrived at, have then been rapidly reversed as it becomes apparent even to the bunch of idiots we 'laughingly' call the cabinet that they've screwed up again.

We are not following the science, we have learnt absolutely nothing from other countries who are tackling the crisis effectively and we have a dithering, indecisive, serial liar and gross incompetent as Prime Minister, and a Cabinet in which not a single minister is remotely fit for purpose.

Johnson has created has the worst, deadliest, self-inflicted sh*tshow this country has ever seen and if he had a single iota of integrity or humanity then he would have resigned this everning......................fat chancer!

I added one letter at the very end. Otherwise spot on.😀