Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Coronavirus in Newcastle

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, paul moy said:

It's ok... some just do not spot irony

I'd like to ask the same question, as I can't see any irony here either?

I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely feel like I'm missing some info...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paul moy said:

Just been announced....... oh the irony

Don't worry, it's perfectly safe, honest. And please make sure you take Jools and Swindon with you 👩‍👩‍👧.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard that there has been a mass transfer request from the Newcastle squad as they don't agree with this transfer.

Edited by paul moy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s “ironic”that two people are being treated for Coronavirus in Newcastle? 
 

Is this because we play Newcastle tomorrow? 
 

I’m firmly in  the “I don’t get it” Club. 
 

(which in itself might be ironic) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s “ironic”that two people are being treated for Coronavirus in Newcastle? 
 

Is this because we play Newcastle tomorrow? 
 

I’m firmly in  the “I don’t get it” Club. 
 

(which in itself might be ironic) 

I'm fairly confident that it's because it isn't ironic. In any way.

Great thread Paul.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herman said:

It is being spread around by these vans. If you see one, leg it.

image.png.c1a5d3309e32f08b21e420937a8612d6.png

The Corona man used to come round every Friday.

We always ordered Cola, Dandelion and Burdock and a bottle of Lemonade. Used to get money back on the empty bottles. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

Just been announced....... oh the irony

No it hasn't.

It's in York. And has been carried by two Chinese tourists.

And I'm also lost on the irony comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Don't know about irony but I heard that Coronavirus is best taken with Lime Disease.

Ha! I made this joke earlier to a friend. Thought I was being original. Clearly not! 😂

Also, this is me preparing for the coronavirus...

image.png.183ca2d3b79cf8ad7387f66810c2c835.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

The Corona man used to come round every Friday.

We always ordered Cola, Dandelion and Burdock and a bottle of Lemonade. Used to get money back on the empty bottles. 😀

😀👍

Their Cream Soda was the best as well. Did the Soda Stream revolution put them out of business?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

No it hasn't.

It's in York. And has been carried by two Chinese tourists.

And I'm also lost on the irony comment.

They are being held in Newcastle.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paul moy said:

They are being held in Newcastle.....

In Newcastle? How ironic!

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Herman said:

😀👍

Their Cream Soda was the best as well. Did the Soda Stream revolution put them out of business?

I think it was more due to the the supermarkets changing to the out of town superstores where the same drinks were available but were cheaper.

We never had a Soda Stream, tried it at a friends house and thought it tasted like cr@p.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

I think it was more due to the the supermarkets changing to the out of town superstores where the same drinks were available but were cheaper.

We never had a Soda Stream, tried it at a friends house and thought it tasted like cr@p.

 

That does seem the logical explanation. A slow but steady change in our shopping habits.

Soda Stream was ok. Certain flavours like lemonade were good, whereas their own cola was pretty ropey. I had the "bright" idea of trying to make carbonated milk. Nicely explosive.😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked up Corona drinks when the virus was first mentioned. When I read that the advert with the slogan "Every bubble's passed its fizzical" was used in the 1970s, I felt very, very old indeed.

And "Get busy with a fizzy SodaStream". My wife mentioned the other day that she would quite like to get a SodaStream.

Still no explanation from Paul Moy as to why this is ironic, rather than unlucky or annoying. Unless he was being ironic by saying that it is ironic when it isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is one of them Alanis Morrisette? Then it could be ironic. She might have to swallow a Jagged Little Pill. You oughta know Paul.

And just like in Alanis Morrisette's song "Ironic", nothing about Paul Moy's statement is really that ironic. Just a sequence of unfortunate circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...