Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

On 10/05/2021 at 09:57, Well b back said:
4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Hours of study under your mate Billy😉

A horsefly lives in horsesh1t does it not?

53 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

A horsefly lives in horsesh1t does it not?

Oh dear! Your exceptional levels of ignorance displayed yet again. 

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

What are derivatives and why are they heading to New York? 

Not a clue but whatever they are I’m sure they’re a tiny tiny part of the financial markets worldwide and are absolutely no loss. I mean, it stands to reason that if they were at all significant our government of all the talents would have negotiated the trade deal with the EU to ensure we held onto them. Whatever they are...

Anyway Billy boy your story  from this morning can't be true as the Government have said they will  not drop their food standards from importers 

This thread is a little old in the tooth now, Covid has deflected the issues of Brexit, those who were instrumental in Brexit appear to have benefited and most now moved on from the process now that the real detail has to be addressed.

But this thread really has just drifted into two different sides having a pop at each other now. Nothing to be gained by it now, we just have to ride it out for the time being till circumstances change again.

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

This thread is a little old in the tooth now, Covid has deflected the issues of Brexit, those who were instrumental in Brexit appear to have benefited and most now moved on from the process now that the real detail has to be addressed.

But this thread really has just drifted into two different sides having a pop at each other now. Nothing to be gained by it now, we just have to ride it out for the time being till circumstances change again.

I quite agree, Indy, and I will stop posting here the moment a Brexiter can provide one example of a major Leave claim or promise that wasn't either a complete and outright lie, so misleading as to qualify as a lie, a severe distortion of the truth, or essentially illusory.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Not quite sure what you mean by ride it out. 

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some still scanning the skies for the arrival of the Four Horsemen.

Some necks beginning to ache.😉

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well I’ve lost one of my Norwegian contracts due to travel working changes for workers outside the EU. Ride it out means we can’t do anything but watch the scenario play out!

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Some still scanning the skies for the arrival of the Four Horsemen.

Some necks beginning to ache.😉

Well, we have had a bit of Pestilence for the last 15 months.💀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Well I’ve lost one of my Norwegian contracts due to travel working changes for workers outside the EU. Ride it out means we can’t do anything but watch the scenario play out!

Sorry to hear that. But those denying any problems will just tell you there were bound to be some casualties.

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Barnier has gone all Brexity

Too late with terrorist networks they’re pretty much set up in every country now.

Just how many of the UK's Islamic fundamentalist terrorists arrived in the country via EU "free travel" regulations? I think one will find they were pretty much exclusively "home grown".

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

"I did a really sh!t job" admits Frost.

I think it is more that Johnson never intended to keep to the deal. He did what he always does, which is to agree to something if it makes a problem go away in the short term, and in this case so he could claim he had made Brexit happen and got a withdrawal deal. But from everything he said at the time, about how there would be no disruption and no paperwork, which was plainly a lie, it was clear he didn't mean to have a proper border there.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Thanks 2

Basically Frost is admitting that he and Johnson either lied to the UK public, or were so incompetent that they signed a deal without realising its disastrous consequences for the UK. Personally i would plump for the Latin use of the inclusive "or" (vel) in this particular case.

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Just how many of the UK's Islamic fundamentalist terrorists arrived in the country via EU "free travel" regulations? I think one will find they were pretty much exclusively "home grown".

So importing more potential Islamic fundamentalist terrorists (Approved of within your Lefty book of horrors) is the way to go..

Genius, coco -- Do you also have a cure for cancer tucked up your sleeve? 🤪 

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

Barnier has gone all Brexity

He's stating the obvious now, only because Le Pen is a real threat to Macron, Ricardo..

Being the master of sapience you are, you likely already knew that 😉

51 minutes ago, Jools said:

So importing more potential Islamic fundamentalist terrorists (Approved of within your Lefty book of horrors) is the way to go..

Genius, coco -- Do you also have a cure for cancer tucked up your sleeve? 🤪 

You truly are as thick as sh*t aren't you. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No customs border 

Why did I know you would come out with such a ridiculous answer. Name me a a single trading relationship between two different markets where there isn't a customs border? It's built into the very notion of "two different markets" that there has to be customs regulations and a border (where those markets are physically contiguous) to prevent smuggling of goods, human beings, and other criminal activities. The very point of joining the EU single market was to get around this necessity. So are you now suggesting we rejoin the single market? Because that is the only way in which you can have no customs border. FFS you should at least be able to comprehend that obvious fact. So, assuming you do not propose we rejoin the SM, I ask again, where would you place the customs border?

Edited by horsefly

Genius, coco -- Do you also have a cure for cancer tucked up your sleeve? 🤪 

Not sure about cures, but prevention is likely with the further development of MRNA vaccines, keep up with science.

9 hours ago, Jools said:

Genius, coco -- Do you also have a cure for cancer tucked up your sleeve? 

Every authority on the subject says avoiding red meat is crucial in avoiding cancer. Apparently GAMMON is a particular danger.