Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

over 12 months. Of the 2,378 articles analysed which were focused on the EU , 70% were pro as against 27%

That's why I don't watch Sky or any other EU promoting outlets 

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

over 12 months. Of the 2,378 articles analysed which were focused on the EU , 70% were pro as against 27%

No link, no reference. As usual a pile of crap from you. BTW Sky News has won many major awards for its impartial news reporting, the idea it is pro EU is utter unsubstantiated garbage. 

50 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Idiot! you still can't be bothered to find out the truth can you? Pathetic!

No link, no reference.

27 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Why did you say the EU vaccine rollout would take at least 2 years and they made up things about a particular vaccine ? Just asking but you seem to be ignoring me.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

No link, no reference.

I can supply you with lots of links regards your vaccine claims, would you like them ?

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I can supply you with lots of links regards your vaccine claims, would you like them ?

What vaccine claims ?

and how did you vote ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What vaccine claims ?

and how did you vote ?

You were gloating about how Brexit was good because the poor vaccine roll out in Europe was the EU's fault and showed how wise you were and how daft we were to want to remain.

29 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You were gloating about how Brexit was good because the poor vaccine roll out in Europe was the EU's fault and showed how wise you were and how daft we were to want to remain.

I've never liked these so-called "vaccine wars" and found something obscene about all the various arguments/comparisons about something so closely related to saving lives.

The fact remains that the EU as a block were slow off the mark and for varying reasons. Even Barnier has stated that EU regulation has held progress back. Macron's initial reliance upon Sanofi and his extreme comments about the Astra-Zenica product have not helped as he seems to have held overmuch influence in the whole EU process.

France still hovers around 20, 000 new cases a day, Germany slightly less. Meanwhile we are arguing about what sunny lands that we will be able to spend our pent up pound notes.

I have said before that the sooner the Western world gets its act together the sooner it can aid poorer countries. That must now be the ultimate aim. More positives cases in less sanitised environments leads to the evolvement of more dangerous variants, apart from the horrors that could unfold in countries with sub-standard health care.

The earlier the latest wave in Europe abates the better. We must hope that they reach our levels sooner rather than later.

In the very recent EU meeting of the heads of state concerning the pandemic Macron himself criticised the Anglo-Saxon (sic) countries, the US and the UK, for not exporting sufficient vaccines. There may be some truth in this, beyond the prejudice, but I believe that this is now changing for the better.  

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I was not gloating, I was just pointing out that the vaccine roll out in Europe was not good, compared to us. 

I was making a general point and certainly not aiming my remarks at you.

There's enough unpleasantness and personal stuff on this thread as it is.

The EU have told  the Irish Republic that if it wants any pandemic relief funding it needs to raise its business tax rates first !

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Thanks for another COVID story. Nothing to do with Brexit.

it's in reply to a load of squid, who connected it to Brexit.  

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's in reply to a load of squid, who connected it to Brexit.  

That was a story about Brexit ie markets going into the EU, yours was a story about how things will grow as we come out of the pandemic and shows how low they went during the pandemic. A very positive story, but nothing to do with Brexit.

Oh look! Another dreadful consequence of the rubbish Australia trade deal:

UK-Australia trade deal could mean children and patients eating meat reared in ways illegal in UK, warn experts

Schoolchildren and hospital patients could be fed meat from hormone-fed cattle, chlorine-washed chicken and pigs kept in cruel stalls that are illegal in the UK under a trade deal with Australia, experts are warning.

Farmers and environmentalists say allowing imports that create high greenhouse gas emissions and undermine animal welfare would be grossly hypocritical of the government.

48 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Doesn't seem to do the Australians any harm 

Going by the "intellectual capabilities" displayed in your posts, you've been eating such food from birth.

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I  bet my diet is better then yours  

Bird feed is indeed very healthy, just don't buy any from Australia. 

37 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Better then Grass and hay 

He's partial to the odd apple and sugar lumps of course.🐎🍎🍏

33 minutes ago, ricardo said:

He's partial to the odd apple and sugar lumps of course.🐎🍎🍏

Gosh! How do you manage to come up with such side-splitting humour???

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Gosh! How do you manage to come up with such side-splitting humour???

Hours of study under your mate Billy😉

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Hours of study under your mate Billy😉

Oh stop it! I might die laughing. Pure comic genius!