Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Looks to me like our struggling coastal towns were some of the strongest supporters of leaving, along with the old industrial heartlands, whereas London and the shires leant more towards remaining, in England anyway so stop rewriting history by claiming it was a middle class vote to leave. Also I’ve never claimed I voted the way I did to help the poor, I voted to leave purely out of self interest.

Finally I don’t need to win the peace, you simply need to make peace with the result 

62D49714-0431-4831-86E7-AB1A0C35E921.jpeg

On what planet does this map show "the shires leant more towards remaining, in England"?

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

You start proving me wrong and I'll make peace with the result.

Give it 10 years and we’ll see who’s performing better, the UK or EU. Until then we’re all wasting our time. 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Leave campaign was based on the promise that there was no serious downside and so no real risk. The whole cake-and-eat-it/they-need-us-more-than-we-need-them bag of blatant and already disproved lies.

This @Fen Canary. There was no talk of "give it ten years". The people were promised there would be no downside. You can't rewrite history when all of lived through it and most of us paid attention.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Give it 10 years and we’ll see who’s performing better, the UK or EU. Until then we’re all wasting our time. 

So destroying the livelihoods of the owners of many SMEs, fishermen, dairy producers, farmers etc, etc, etc, is all worth it for a highly speculative gamble that we "might" be doing better than the EU in ten years time. What an utterly callous and shameful disregard for the lives and livelihoods of other people who were lied to by anti-EU ideologues.

Edited by horsefly

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well done England, the map shows it as mainly Blue 👍

Well done brexiteers for setting in place the break-up of the UK.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

The leavers have taken a huge dump on the UK and are now saying "I'd give it ten years if I was you".

Succinctly put! Only the stench will last a lot longer than that.

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Well done brexiteers for setting in place the break-up of the UK.

Even after seeing that map, brexiters will still not get why Scotland wants to go its own way rather than being dragged into something they overwhelmingly voted against.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

majority still won !

Your genius never ceases to amaze. No doubt you've also heard of the notion of a pyrrhic victory. Never have we had a "better" modern day example of that concept.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well done England, the map shows it as mainly Blue 👍

You still seem to have a chip on your shoulder about Brexit. Is it because you cannot believe it? The vote was leave. No disputing that. We have left.

All we are trying to say to you is that you were lied to by the self interest groups. Your mind was probably made up.

Mine wasn't totally. But I came to the conclusion that if we voted to remain, then I knew what the future would bring. Now I don't. I wasn't prepared to vote for uncertainty.

So we saved £350M a week or £18Bn a year. We are now wasting at least 6 times that on a rail link.

26 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Your genius never ceases to amaze. No doubt you've also heard of the notion of a pyrrhic victory. Never have we had a "better" modern day example of that concept.

well, believe it some people can't stop complaining about Brexit. It's happened get over it  !

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

well, believe it some people can't stop complaining about Brexit. It's happened get over it  !

I'm sure the people of Northern Ireland, and all those failed and failing SMEs are thankful for your incredibly sophisticated and helpful advice 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

You still seem to have a chip on your shoulder about Brexit. Is it because you cannot believe it? The vote was leave. No disputing that. We have left.

All we are trying to say to you is that you were lied to by the self interest groups. Your mind was probably made up.

Mine wasn't totally. But I came to the conclusion that if we voted to remain, then I knew what the future would bring. Now I don't. I wasn't prepared to vote for uncertainty.

So we saved £350M a week or £18Bn a year. We are now wasting at least 6 times that on a rail link.

Why are you telling people to get over it Swindon? 

This is the Positive Brexit thread. And many have found no positives.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

stop complaining !

Tw*t!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

So the Leave camps exaggerations are blatant lies, whereas the Remain camps exaggerations were some dumb predictions?

As you say, the EU rejected Cameron because in their eyes they had already made enough concessions, which is fair enough. However if that’s the case then we couldn’t have reformed it any more from the inside, as Cameron had already tried and failed. Therefore the option was remain in the EU as it presently was rather than some utopian idea of what we could make it become, or take our chances on our own. I chose the latter

Again wrong. You are confusing, deliberately or otherwise, Cameron's attempts to get even more cherry-picking opt-out concessions for the UK alone with the EU-wide question of reforms to the way the organisation worked for all. That the EU, rightly, said enough was enough over more opt-outs does not mean the UK, if it had stayed in, could not have pushed for and achieved significant reforms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.d918668739836959b60af06080c18a99.png

Average levels from 2020 when we had months of lockdown, borders shut down and very little trade due to a global pandemic? **** me, you lot set the bar low if that's a measure of success 🤣

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

United Kingdom Imports

Imports.

United Kingdom Exports

Exports.

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

what year did we stop being part of the EU ?

In 2020 we left in name only, the transition period.

On the 1st  Jan 2021 left a bit more but shafted Northern Ireland.

Currently we've left but we haven't for some like the Financial Sector who are trying to pretend that we're still able to be the major trading centre but loads of jobs and assets have transferred to EU countries.

Some companies have left the EU but then the British Government advised them to re-join but setting up in the EU  therefore paying tax in the EU and employing EU citizens.

Some companies have left as they cannot justify trading with the EU as their overheads have increased so much that it's no longer viable for them to trade with the EU.

Currently Lord Frost is trying to leave again by re-negotiating the terrible deal he negotiated in early December 2020, oh by the way, when he negotiated the deal he and his boss told us it was a brilliant deal, I bet they feel a bit foolish now!

Financially we haven't left as we'll still be paying into the EU budget for about 40 years.

Hope that helps 😀

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

covid did nothing to stop imports or exports

perhaps you should take a look at the RHA figures for the relevant period.

Lord Frost says the deal that Lord Frost negotiated is dead in the water. That's a new one.*

*It's not a new one.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Jesus! Don't you get it yet? These people tell you story after story to keep your gullible tiny minds thinking they know what they are doing and have a plan. Breaching the NI protocol would be an illegal breach of the brexit deal they signed. End of story.

On 15/05/2021 at 09:33, Herman said:

Even after seeing that map, brexiters will still not get why Scotland wants to go its own way rather than being dragged into something they overwhelmingly voted against.

Scotland doesn't want to go its own way. The last 13 opinion polls showed 44% wanted a breakaway, a minority. 

Scots are very canny to vote SNP because they get the best of all worlds, big handouts from London which would disappear under any other party. 

Sturgeon knows if she forced a referendum today she would lose.