Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

stop asking stupid questions !

You mean "stop asking questions I can't answer". No worries, it's clearly time to blank you again as you refuse to answer the most simple questions about your claims businesses have benefitted from brexit. I suggest others do likewise. 

On 19/04/2021 at 13:58, SwindonCanary said:

That's because the brits don't want to work so hard for the money offered 

Medics have written a letter to PM Boris Johnson calling on him to massively increase investment in NHS staffing. 

Groups and unions representing NHS workers say increased demand for services caused by Covid-19 has led to a "chronic undersupply" in staffing and there are nearly 90,000 vacant posts. 

The letter is signed by the NHS Confederation, NHS Providers, the British Medical Association (BMA), the Royal College of Nursing, the Academy of Royal Medical Colleges and Unison, and states "billions of extra funding" is needed. 

The NHS reports "high levels of staff stress and burnout as a direct impact of the pandemic" which threatens to further increase vacancies, according to the letter. 

It adds results from the biggest survey of NHS staff, published last month, show almost two thirds believe there are not enough people in their organisations to enable them to do their job properly.

More than four in 10 also say they feel unwell as result of their job, according to the letter.

44 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You mean "stop asking questions I can't answer". No worries, it's clearly time to blank you again as you refuse to answer the most simple questions about your claims businesses have benefitted from brexit. I suggest others do likewise. 

Which company is going to say that  brexit has been a benefit to their business ?

the collapse in UK-EU trade after 1 January was widely reported. What has not been reported nearly as much is that UK exports have made a near-complete recovery. They were up 46.6 per cent in February after falling by 42 per cent in January. Imports are not there yet. They were up 7.3 per cent in February after a fall of 29.7 per cent in January. The one prediction I am happy to make is that they will recover too. 

Edited by SwindonCanary

Another unexpected Brexit bonus😂

Its Boris what done it, apparently.

Seems a bit of a stretch to me but the Europhiles have to blame someone.

image.png.e939541a36683475d0c04d59cc265703.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been mentioned before but Johnson did his trick of running in front of an angry crowd shouting follow me. This was a people lead response. The politicians had no choice but to listen or they would have lost so much support. 

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Been mentioned before but Johnson did his trick of running in front of an angry crowd shouting follow me. This was a people lead response. The politicians had no choice but to listen or they would have lost so much support. 

Boris went in with his studs showing and the whole scheme fell apart😂

I'm sure if Johnson had a prior warning he would have happily persuaded the British public to allow a load of billionaires rip us off. He had no time to prepare on this. 

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm sure if Johnson had a prior warning he would have happily persuaded the British public to allow a load of billionaires rip us off. He had no time to prepare on this. 

Lol

Boris didn't get an 80 seat majority by not knowing which side the bread is buttered.

That's for sure. However, I will chalk this one up as a definitive "win" for the Positive Brexit outcomes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

That's for sure. However, I will chalk this one up as a definitive "win" for the Positive Brexit outcomes.

Hard to disagree😂

Here's another one for you Surfer. A company I use regularly. (I won't mention that it is nearly 5 months since we got our oven-ready deal.)

"We are very, very pleased to tell you that we have now re-opened our website to all EU countries (EXCEPT Italy, Spain and Greece sorry) 

Only DPD and Royal Mail postage options are available as Parcelforce still has too many problems.

Unfortunately we have had to stop the sale of some popular 'dangerous goods' items."

https://www.business-live.co.uk/manufacturing/brexit-wiped-250000-sales-says-20435087

The business has now set up a trading company in the Netherlands to try and bypass the new regulations and distribute products to EU customers – and is planning to export there in bulk to reduce costs.

The £250,000 loss in revenues does not take into account the cost of setting up the new EU operation.

Another 'big winner' in the EU, creating more jobs in the EU, more taxes paid in the EU.

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

If it looks like a loony, talks like a loony, smiles like a loony, it's a loony:

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

the collapse in UK-EU trade after 1 January was widely reported. What has not been reported nearly as much is that UK exports have made a near-complete recovery. They were up 46.6 per cent in February after falling by 42 per cent in January. Imports are not there yet. They were up 7.3 per cent in February after a fall of 29.7 per cent in January. The one prediction I am happy to make is that they will recover too. 

Basics maths SC.

Take £100. A 42% fall reduces it £58. A rise of this by 47% increases that to £85.

We'll do the same to your pension shall we and then we wonder the country is in such a mess.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Basics maths SC.

Take £100. A 42% fall reduces it £58. A rise of this by 47% increases that to £85.

We'll do the same to your pension shall we and then we wonder the country is in such a mess.

OMG YF! Are you suggesting Swindle isn't the economic genius he has told us he is? I think I might faint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair there are far far too many including journalists and policians that are equally innumerate. Its a sad reflection on the country.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

To be fair there are far far too many including journalists and policians that are equally innumerate. Its a sad reflection on the country.

Yep! I think the problem is they just don't give a damn about the truth any more, so why bother becoming numerate if the actual figures won't make the slightest difference to what you say about them. 

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Indeed

Following all the COVID vaccines and treatments during the last year, I was quite shocked to hear Boris saying just like the vaccines there will be this that and the other to find new treatments by October as though we were about to start. He forgot to say the treatments are already in trials throughout the U.K. and the world, so have probably already been found. He will of course claim it was all down to him, and unless you follow the developments would have no reason to doubt him. 

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

This is Johnny Mercer’s verdict after his resignation.

This is the most distrustful, awful environment I've ever worked in, in government. Almost nobody tells the truth is what I've worked out over the last 36 hours.

"I don't think anyone really can get on their high horse about trust and ethics and all the rest of it in politics, because as far as I'm concerned, most of it is a bit of a cesspit".

• Like 1

Former EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier has suggested that France may follow the UK's example and finally withdraw from the EU”

France’s growing German skepticism - The Spectator

'Frexit' on Horizon? Ex-Brexit Chief Negotiator Barnier Reveals What May Prompt France to Leave EU - Sputnik International (sputniknews.com)

Edited by SwindonCanary

11 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I tend to look no further than  Diane Abbott  😁

I tend to look at all the double hatters such as Donald Ross, ewho believe themselves superior and able to serve their constituents by holding down two jobs and thereby depriving a job for another, equally able person. Jo/Jenny two jobs should mean two lots of taxes, as it would be if two persons represented their constituents. Twin and triple hatters should be banned in a democratic society, but hey, that would mean a fair and proportional electoral system, judiciary and much more, this antique society is rife for a revolution.

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I understood you blocked me or is it another Billy liar thing or even maybe you lost the argument   🙂  

Sometimes I just can't resist pointing out your idiocy, as is shown by the belated addition of links to your post. The first link has nothing to do with your ridiculous headline (more speculative xenophobic boll*cks from th sadly declining Spectator). So let's see what Barnier actually says in the second link:

"We could draw some lessons from Brexit for ourselves. It's now too late for the UK but not for us". 

The ex-EU negotiator insisted it is the bloc's responsibility to understand "why the British left", and that it's important for Brussels "to listen to the anger that was expressed in the UK, and to implement the kind of changes that are necessary to better understand and reassure the European citizens that remain".

So, in a nutshell Barnier says France needs to be aware of the lessons to be learned from brexit. That's it! Nothing remotely like your twisted headline. Nowhere does he say, "France may follow the UK's example and finally withdraw from the EU”, as you falsely claimed.

You need to learn some basic critical thinking skills so you aren't so easily fooled by a transparently absurd attempt to twist Barnier's words into something he didn't remotely say.

46 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I understood you blocked me or is it another Billy liar thing or even maybe you lost the argument   🙂  

that's it totally ignore my post