Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

26 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Twin and triple hatters should be banned in a democratic society.

I'd go along with that if it meant Horseflee could get a job 😉

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

I'd go along with that if it meant Horseflee could get a job 😉

Ah! I almost feel sorry for your dear old exploding gammon head. Get nursey to bring your pills quick before you haemorrhage, you really must protect the few brain cells you have left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

that's it totally ignore my post

Try reading my response you utter moron

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Try reading my response you utter moron

try writing it out in plan English without calling names

He may of said something in the past, but it's what he said yesterday that counts 

Edited by SwindonCanary

last year. There is the manner in which COVID has exposed the incompetency and disunity at the heart of the EU, and undoubtedly Brexit has shown the Euroskeptic French that it is possible to escape the tyranny of the EU. Protracted, as 17.4 million Britons will testify, but possible with enough determination.

But there’s another reason why the French have fallen out of love with the EU, and that’s Germany. Last November a German journalist for Die Zeit caused something of a stir in France when she ridiculed the country’s handling of coronavirus (this was before Germany’s own confused response to a second wave), dubbing France ‘Absurdistan’.

15 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I tend to look no further than  Diane Abbott  😁

Who isn't in Government. So why the analogy.

Or is there another reason so many pick on Diane?

Of course Chris Grayling is white.

42 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Who isn't in Government. So why the analogy.

Or is there another reason so many pick on Diane?

Of course Chris Grayling is white.

I pick on Diane Abbott, because she always comes across a real not knowing what she's talking about, I KNOW SHE'S NOT IN THE GOVERNMENT, WE HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR THAT ! 

Edited by SwindonCanary

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I pick on Diane Abbott, because she always comes across a real not knowing what she's talking about, I KNOW SHE'S NOT IN THE GOVERNMENT, WE HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR THAT ! 

Whereas Chris Grayling wasted £50m of tax-payers' money on hiring a ferry company that didn't have any boats. Jesus!

57 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Whereas Chris Grayling wasted £50m of tax-payers' money on hiring a ferry company that didn't have any boats. Jesus!

Didn't the Home Office lose loads of information recently? 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Turn your Caps Lock off.

Shall I get Diane to do it for you?

Nice work Liz, you're doing a fine job competing with boris to see who can prove themself to be the most embarrassing, self-defeating tw*at:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brexit-disaster-australia-to-prioritise-eu-deal-as-uk-talks-boil-over/ar-BB1fVUXl?ocid=msedgdhp

Talks between the UK and Australia for a post-Brexit trade deal could be derailed as the UK Trade Secretary's allies were accused of launching an "unprovoked attack" on counterparts on the eve of talks in London. Allies of International Trade Secretary Elizabeth Truss have made "bizarre comments about the Australian trade minister, Dan Tehan, according to trade experts. They added that this could be "an unfortunate but serious setback for what should have been friendly negotiations". Mr Tehan is due to meet Ms Truss on Thursday and Friday this week, but has been accused by the British side of presiding over "glacially slow" progress.

The European Court of Auditors (ECA) is on high alert about the risk of fraud and abuse associated with the EU's recovery fund, worth around €750billion (£668bn). The President of the court, Klaus-Heiner Lehne, said: "It is crucial to have an effective inspection system. "The faster the money flows, the higher the risks. This is inevitable."

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The European Court of Auditors (ECA) is on high alert about the risk of fraud and abuse associated with the EU's recovery fund, worth around €750billion (£668bn). The President of the court, Klaus-Heiner Lehne, said: "It is crucial to have an effective inspection system. "The faster the money flows, the higher the risks. This is inevitable."

I wonder if there are any current scandals in the UK at the moment regarding government ministers and the awarding of tax-payer funded government contracts?

• Like 1

When the EU goes to court to stop their own MEP's from accounting for their unlimited expenses and the head of the European Central Bank is a convicted fraudster, can anyone be surprised at the huge level of fraud and abuse of tax payers funds within the EU project?

25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

When the EU goes to court to stop their own MEP's from accounting for their unlimited expenses and the head of the European Central Bank is a convicted fraudster, can anyone be surprised at the huge level of fraud and abuse of tax payers funds within the EU project?

I suggest you take a look at Robert Jenrick's record. And once you've done that you can try any number of Tory ministers and MPs. And for that matter, MPs from other parties too (MPs expenses claims). Alas for you, there is nothing the EU has done regarding fraud that hasn't already been "perfected" in the UK. All fraud should be condemned in the UK as well as the EU.

Edited by horsefly

47 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I know, I heard a story about a guy who was totally against the EU but got elected. When he left however he decided to take his pension at huge expense to us and EU citizens. What a nasty piece of work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

I know, I heard a story about a guy who was totally against the EU but got elected. When he left however he decided to take his pension at huge expense to us and EU citizens. What a nasty piece of work.

I believe he then invested those ill-gotten gains in a series of deceitful adverts claiming to be spearheading a campaign against the financial institutions whilst fleecing money from the gullible on behalf of, you guessed it,  a financial institution. What a huge an*us! (let's hope Swindle manages to pick up the clue this time, and doesn't post a like). 

Edited by horsefly

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Fair play to the EU, when they do discover there's been fraudulent use of funds they make the perpetrators pay it back via their wages.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Fair play to the EU, when they do discover there's been fraudulent use of funds they make the perpetrators pay it back via their wages.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

Blimey, I put what I put as partly hypocritical, but it seems what Swindon is pointing out is fraud by EU UKIP members. 
UKIP really were the culprits in what they told us others were doing, Farage really is scum.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

When the EU goes to court to stop their own MEP's from accounting for their unlimited expenses

So you don't think the EU should take legal action against MEPs (and others) that commit fraud - I would say that is a very good thing and is typical of the EU's upholding of the rule of law in general.

It is also very much in contrast with the UK's approach - when we had wholescale fraud amongst MPs at Westminister almost all of them (bar 2 I think it was) and certainly every single one of the Tory MPs involved were let off with a mild slap on the wrist. More recently we have seen massive corruption in the awarding of public contracts and also massive waste of money - over £22 billion on a Track and Trace system alone that still doesn't work and plenty of other examples such useless PPE - no one in court for that either and never will be.

Why are you worried about alleged corruption in the EU when it is no longer anything to do with us whilst British taxpayers are being openly fleeced for many, many billions by the crooks running this country?

Are you too stupid to understand that what has been and still is happening in this country is ultimately going to be paid for in one way or another by you, me and every other poor bloody taxpayer in this country. I imagine that EU citizens are delighted that they have institutions which actually look out for fraud and take action when they find it - in the UK we have neither, we only (occasionally) find out about fraud thanks to investigative journalists and even then there will be no punishment (other perhaps a little reputational damage for the worst offenders).

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

There's never a sensible response. 

Nope there isn't but in truth, with Swindo, Jools et al we don't really expect one do we?

Maybe we hope one day there will be, and they say that hope springs external, but I'm not sure even that is long enough for Swindo to come up with anything sensible...😀

• Haha 1