Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Et tu Dom??🤣

https://dominiccummings.com/

"It is sad to see the PM and his office fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves."

"If you're going to try a dead cat strategy, you should probably check that the cat is, in fact, dead - and preferably not armed." Michael Savage, Observer.

Edited by Herman

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Et tu Dom??🤣

"It is sad to see the PM and his office fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves."

"If you're going to try a dead cat strategy, you should probably check that the cat is, in fact, dead - and preferably not armed." Michael Savage, Observer.

Blimey

What the hell else does he have up his sleeve.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Et tu Dom??🤣

Clearly in his remark ‘ nobody gives a monkeys ‘ he doesn’t think it matters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56863547

25 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Blimey

What the hell else does he have up his sleeve.

Mark May 26th on your calendar, he's giving evidence to parliament and he's not going to hold back. This is going to be fun!

5 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Mate, you spend your whole life on this thread. You must have a very empty and sad life 😢 

I'm not on here as much as you think, it's just one of several tabs I have open and leave my computer on throughout the day whether I'm on it or not.

Swindo, I am not an economist but even I can guarantee there will be a big boost to the economy in the coming months. I can also say it will be because of the covid disaster which has hammered the economy this last year. People will go an a spending spree. How long it will last is anyone's guess. My prediction will be a short while after furlough payments stop.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Huzzah! We're saved!

Though the economic impact from a deal is expected to be modest -- a 0.02% boost to U.K. GDP over 15 years 

Oh. 😞

I don't quite get your point.

Yes it is a small boost but opens the door to membership of the RCEP which is far more significant.

Also this boost will not likely result in a trade deficit.

We have a (traditional)  trade deficit with the EU.

What is it of a 'boost' that you are able to see in such a minus? Please explain.

It seems you want to ridicule a trade agreement with Australia that will likely result it a trade credit for our country, yet continually want to yearn for  a deficit trade agreement with the EU. 

Your use of a one click emoji face fails to reveal your ignorance of these matters. As crucial as they are.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Australia is the U.K.’s 20th-largest trading partner globally and total trade between the two countries was worth 18.8 billion pounds ($26 billion) in 2019. 

• Like 1

We did 20 billion worth of trade while we were in the EU and an extra 1 billion now we've left?! 😀

40 minutes ago, Herman said:

We did 20 billion worth of trade while we were in the EU and an extra 1 billion now we've left?! 😀

Most of it going in one direction !

Some of the people on here make me laugh.

However - As to UK - Oz 'deal only yesterday the Express says - 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1426602/brexit-news-australia-trade-deal-eu-priority-uk-elizabeth-truss-spt, which kind of paints the truer picture of where Australia's economic interest lie. I'm sure they'll try and do something still for the 'old folks' in their dotage left back at home for old times sake as well.

I'm sure we'll get some sort of 'UK' deal - our Ozzy friends after all want to sell us lots of lamb and other raw materials (coal ?)

However a 0.02% 'boost' compared to a 4% drop (loss of EU) - well we'd need another 200 style Ozzy deals to make up the difference.

Keep spoon-feeding the gullible.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So we are basically going to have the same sort of trading arrangement that we already had while we were members of the EU. Except that, "Through a trade accord, Britain is hoping to benefit from reduced tariffs on products like Scotch whisky, clothing and cars. Australia, meanwhile, is hoping to boost exports of services and agricultural products to the U.K. “It is a fundamentally liberalizing agreement that will support jobs across the country and help us emerge stronger from the pandemic,” Truss said. And just what rules have the Australians been calling for to be "liberalised" in order to strike a deal? They've actually been quite clear about that; they want us to accept hormone treated beef that the EU would not allow near the mouths of its citizens. So to knock 0.02% off the predicted 4% cost in trade that brexit will bring (according to the OBR), we have to lower our food health and safety standards. Perhaps we can drag Selwyn-Gummer out of the Lords to shove a hormone burger into his grand-daughter's gob for another photo opportunity.

0e680b70ee44625ca0d749908a61ed6b37b52a17.jpg

34 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So we are basically going to have the same sort of trading arrangement that we already had while we were members of the EU.

but we are not paying a fortune to be in the club and we can  make our own decisions 

Edited by SwindonCanary

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

but we are not paying a fortune to be in the club and we can  make our own decisions 

Well at least you won't need breast implants if you gorge enough Ozzy beef.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

If the likes of Farage weren’t ripping the EU off it would be far less 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Well at least you won't need breast implants if you gorge enough Ozzy beef.

I'm sure he had a load of that ****e Gummer was peddling.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm sure he had a load of that ****e Gummer was peddling.

The evidence is strong!

• Confused 1

Just remember many remainers were saying we would not get the trade deals done for years = project fear !   😀😀😀

Edited by SwindonCanary

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just remember many remainers were saying we would not get the trade deals done for years = project fear !   😀😀😀

They didn't.

It was said that it would take years to negotiate a trade deal with the EU and that was true.

Leavers said it was the easiest deal in history and it could be done in an afternoon, that was a lie and you lapped it up like the gullible fool you are.

Just rolling over the deals we had via the EU is as easy as using find and replace in Microsoft Word. Find 'EU' and replace it with 'UK', even Liz Truss has managed to master that.

EU NIGHTMARE: Give free trade deal to nations who want to leave bloc, Boris told

A STRONG majority of people in Britain say the UK should offer a free trade partnership to other countries that want to leave the European Union.

47 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

EU NIGHTMARE: Give free trade deal to nations who want to leave bloc, Boris told

A STRONG majority of people in Britain say the UK should offer a free trade partnership to other countries that want to leave the European Union.

Good luck with that. Not many of us will still be alive at 4 years a pop.