Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

42 minutes ago, kick it off said:

The details of our world beating erasmus replacement have been announced. This is why people are angry about brexit, opportunities ripped out of the hands of the next generation for pretend sovereignty. Good work brexiteers. ***.

20210309_123456.jpg

I got lucky because of essentially something similar. Spent a year on placement learning / refining my German at a textile factory on the German/Polish border to the point I work as a German to English translator now (and indeed all my other jobs have required German language proficiency). In other words, it worked wonderfully for me.

And now it's much harder to get that.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I got lucky because of essentially something similar. Spent a year on placement learning / refining my German at a textile factory on the German/Polish border to the point I work as a German to English translator now (and indeed all my other jobs have required German language proficiency). In other words, it worked wonderfully for me.

And now it's much harder to get that.

Blimey, don’t tell mad Moy you speak German, he will want you thrown out of the country immediately.

30 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

so mouse brain is too stupid to back his lies and is unable to name one single country that the UK could not trade with, and was trading with, prior to January 2021

instead he puts up a clip that shows there were liars even back then

truly an idiot of epic proportions

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Blimey, don’t tell mad Moy you speak German, he will want you thrown out of the country immediately.

more like to be asking if he has any German 'militaria' for sale

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

so mouse brain is too stupid to back his lies and is unable to name one single country that the UK could not trade with, and was trading with, prior to January 2021

instead he puts up a clip that shows there were liars even back then

truly an idiot of epic proportions

I hope you watched all of the movie coz it did explain the expensive  tariffs from outside the  the EU. whilst it putting their  on their goods ,no so much, expensive for all consumers.  

Edited by SwindonCanary

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I hope you watched all of the movie coz it did explain the expensive  tariffs from outside the  the EU. whilst it putting their  on their goods ,no so much, expensive for all consumers.  

no, it was scare mongering nonsense from over 50 years ago that was easily disproved at the time

now why not tell us the name of one of these countries which the UK can now trade with, that it could not before Jan 2021

or are we to assume that it was just another in your long line of lies

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

no, it was scare mongering nonsense from over 50 years ago that was easily disproved at the time

now why not tell us the name of one of these countries which the UK can now trade with, that it could not before Jan 2021

or are we to assume that it was just another in your long line of lies

50 YEARS AGO ? Try finding that they disproved it ! 

We can now trade with countries that the EU does not put tariffs on, cheaper all around 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

50 YEARS AGO ? Try finding that they disproved it ! 

We can now trade with countries that the EU does not put tariffs on, cheaper all around 

Given it was  a pack of lies then I am certain it was disproved then as it can be now

as to your second line you are clearly not aware if WTO rules  ie most favoured nation

which mean whatever 'advantages are offered to one country have to be offered to all - which won;t mean cheaper goods or trade but lowering if standards and UK companies not being able to compete

you clearly are a complete idiot

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

OK, I apologise, you're not a liar you're a simpleton.

For dyed in the wool Brexiteers like @SwindonCanary it doesn't really matter whether what they post or repost is true as long as it supports their argument. Make of that what you will.

4 minutes ago, BigFish said:

For dyed in the wool Brexiteers like @SwindonCanary it doesn't really matter whether what they post or repost is true as long as it supports their argument. Make of that what you will.

I think most of us came to that conclusion years ago! Brexit never was argument over facts but an emotional response. 

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

WRONG , you idiot !

care to point out what bit is wrong

a few lines on most favoured nation, perhaps

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

any chance of that random jumble of words being put into something that is understandable?

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

care to point out what bit is wrong

a few lines on most favoured nation, perhaps

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Given it was  a pack of lies then I am certain it was disproved then as it can be now

what on earth is that supposed to be, mouse brain ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think most of us came to that conclusion years ago! Brexit never was argument over facts but an emotional response. 

Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired

5 hours ago, Bill said:

what on earth is that supposed to be, SwindonCanary ?

JUST PROVE IT !

Edited by SwindonCanary

29 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sigh. Rollover Beethoven. 

Thats quite a few bannanas, worth nearly half the amount the Brexidiot government is giving the fishing industry Brexit decimated.

7 hours ago, BigFish said:

Thats quite a few bannanas, worth nearly half the amount the Brexidiot government is giving the fishing industry Brexit decimated.

Why don't we grow our own? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

Why don't we grow our own? 

I think that's the reason behind the government's plan to build a new coal mine.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! Another roll-over of a deal we already had with Cameroon when we were in the EU. We actually only sell £50m of goods to them. Boy! you are so damn gullible.

What you don't understand is that all these deals are money in the governments pockets, whilst we were in the EU we never saw it. Who's gullible now ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What you don't understand is that all these deals are money in the governments pockets, whilst we were in the EU we never saw it. Who's gullible now ?

Are you posting these obviously stupid lies just to wind people up, or are you really that thick?

It seems to me that the Brexiteers consider Covid their get out of jail free card. The UK fishing and logistics industries are in dissaray, trade is massively down as is GDP and government is cutting day to day expenditure to the bone. All Covid.

In response all the Wiltshire Wonder can come up with is that we will continue to get the tariff free bannanas we got as a member state of the EU.

There must be something, anything they can come up with that looks like a way forward.

Surely?

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

how's that not true , explain 

FFS! You explain to us how according to you the £50m in trade exporting to the Cameroon all ended up in the hands of the EU and not in the hands of the exporting business itself, and some of that in the hands of the UK exchequer via tax etc. Explain to us what "mechanism" the EU used to prevent that money reaching the UK.