Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

12 hours ago, Well b back said:

The EU are now vaccinating at over 5 x our rates ie fast approaching 1 1/4 million doses a day, which surely is good news for the whole world ? and is totally at odds with what you tell us. I suspect next week we will catch up a bit though.

The disagreement on vaccines appears to be a little different to what the papers are reporting. The EU are saying they are currently exporting vaccine to various countries around the world and the U.K. and US aren’t.

In June as shown on a different thread, when no country knew what vaccine would work Johnson said no country should vaccinate below their 50’s but share their vaccine, whilst Trump thinking Moderna would be way ahead at least insisted they would not be sharing any vaccine until the whole of America was vaccinated. I fully understand why we are vaccinating as many as possible, but bear in mind there was a point where we were appealing to Countries like the US and even China to share their vaccine.

The EU have accused us of having an export ban on vaccines, tried to put a border in Ireland, lied about our vaccines being useless, and continue to do all they can to undermine our successes.  

They are beyond the pale and it is such a positive of Brexit that we are out of this awful institution. Every day they do something to make themselves look awful to us and the rest of the world, and they will reap their deserved reward which is its extinction, in due course 🤗

Maybe they are getting more and more desperate as their deaths escalate while ours continue to fall, and their own citizens see them for what they are.  Italy passed 100K deaths a few days ago BTW.

Edited by paul moy

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/11/trade-survey-finds-74-of-british-firms-hit-by-delays-with-eu-markets

Trade survey finds 74% of British firms hit by delays with EU markets

This is the reality of voting to become a 'third country', if you voted for Brexit you voted for this.

Catherine Bedford, founder of Dashel, which makes carbon fibre and recycled cycle helmets, said the disruption was killing her business. “Thanks to Brexit, we’ve gone from profitable to barely scraping by,” she said. 

And it's only going to get worse.

Ray Singh, managing director of Russel Finex, a London-based manufacturer of high-performance sieves and filters, said his firm was still experiencing delays with exports to the EU and to a plant it operated in Belgium.

“Eventually we manage to get the goods over, but it just takes a lot longer. It’s not smooth like it was. There are additional checks and paperwork and it sounds like in a few months’ time that’s actually going to ramp up, which is more stuff not to look forward to. It’s created a lot of extra bureaucracy that just wasn’t there before,” Singh said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Maybe they are getting more and more desperate as their deaths escalate while ours continue to fall, and their own citizens see them for what they are.  Italy passed 100K deaths a few days ago BTW.

Well you clearly don't know what the word "escalate" means. And yet again you demonstrate your revolting xenophobia in your desperation to see a least one country in europe surpass the appalling total that Johnson's crew managed to achieve through a catalogue of reckless and incompetent policy failures. Never a hint of truth in your post as usual, just more sad lies and hatred from the fake economist.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

The EU have accused us of having an export ban on vaccines, tried to put a border in Ireland, lied about our vaccines being useless, and continue to do all they can to undermine our successes.  

They are beyond the pale and it is such a positive of Brexit that we are out of this awful institution. Every day they do something to make themselves look awful to us and the rest of the world, and they will reap their deserved reward which is its extinction, in due course 🤗

Yep they are vaccinating at 1.25 million per day and providing vaccine for other countries, you are taking in the stories you are being fed and adding your little porkies.  We should have credit, but they are not the turkeys you are trying to make out and are one of the worlds largest vaccine producers. Please could you stick to facts that shows everybody is doing their bit rather than make things up to support your racist views.

I state again the whole world is now doing remarkably well as supply is upped daily. Remember in June Johnson said no country should be allowed to vaccinate under 50’s ( + health workers and underlying conditions ) until all countries have

The E.U. exports millions of vaccine doses

Despite being accused of “vaccine nationalism” and protectionism, the European Union has exported 34 million doses of coronavirus vaccines in recent weeks to dozens of countries, even as it trails behind the United States, Britain and Israel in its own vaccine drive, according to internal documents seen by The Times.
  • Like 1

Maybe they are getting more and more desperate as their deaths escalate while ours continue to fall, and their own citizens see them for what they are.  Italy passed 100K deaths a few days ago BTW.

This is appalling racism, although you may not see it as such. This is total and utter rubbish. You may have noticed today there are reports that in certain groups the 12 week gap with Pfizer is not effective, when in your spaced out head you are looking at vaccination numbers please consider the number that are “ fully vaccinated “. 

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Maybe they are getting more and more desperate as their deaths escalate while ours continue to fall, and their own citizens see them for what they are.  Italy passed 100K deaths a few days ago BTW.

This is appalling racism, although you may not see it as such. This is total and utter rubbish. You may have noticed today there are reports that in certain groups the 12 week gap with Pfizer is not effective, when in your spaced out head you are looking at vaccination numbers please consider the number that are “ fully vaccinated “. 

Yep all EU countries are ramping up and as you point out ahead in most with fully vaccinated, us with the Pfizer jab might be at risk thanks to our way of vaccinations.

17 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I think the jab Paul was given was the Aztra Xenephobe one.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You may have noticed today there are reports that in certain groups the 12 week gap with Pfizer is not effective, when in your spaced out head you are looking at vaccination numbers please consider the number that are “ fully vaccinated “. 

I hadnt spotted that WBB, where is that reported or do you have a link please?

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yep all EU countries are ramping up and as you point out ahead in most with fully vaccinated, us with the Pfizer jab might be at risk thanks to our way of vaccinations.

America are now at 10% of fully vaccinated, and theirs will increase rapidly as they are about to start with the 1 dose Johnson and Johnson. 
India are vaccinating at amazing daily rates, but their population is so big as a % it is slowly but surely. Of course over the coming weeks ours will increase, hopefully not at the expense of our first doses.

Looking at figures it seems to be about 6 weeks for a country to enter the fast lane once they start. Fair play to all countries and let’s also show some thought to India and the EU who have used the strategy of exporting to lots of countries, and consequently get a bit of stick from their own populations, they are after all only doing what we said we were going to do.

The EU are not talking about our exports to them ( they don’t need our vaccine not sure why mad moy thinks they do ) they are talking of our exports to all countries. At least Trump had the balls to say nobody was getting theirs until they were vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I hadnt spotted that WBB, where is that reported or do you have a link please?

On bbc under cancer, on my phone so struggling with links. I don’t think it is anything for the vast majority to worry about as it seems to be only those with low immunity ie cancer, and if T cells are a pointer seems to be ok in most people for the 12 week gap. Of course this is only done from blood at present but hopefully field data will begin to become available soon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kick it off said:

The BBC with rabid Tory Tim Davie at the helm and Boris' mouthpiece Laura Kuessenberg as chief political editor? Jesus christ. Try a variety of sources instead of listening to exclusively the Express or random nutjobs on youtube.

Will the BBC become a victim of its own bias? | The Spectator

Brexit Bias. A New Low for the BBC - Briefings For Britain

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I suggest you reflect a bit (if that's possible for you) on the sources in your links. Do you really want to be stupid enough to claim that these aren't very right-wing biased organisations? The BBC is required by law to show fairness in its treatment of all issues and can be forced to compensate for any breaches of those requirements.

Edited by horsefly

40 minutes ago, Well b back said:

On bbc under cancer, on my phone so struggling with links. I don’t think it is anything for the vast majority to worry about as it seems to be only those with low immunity ie cancer, and if T cells are a pointer seems to be ok in most people for the 12 week gap. Of course this is only done from blood at present but hopefully field data will begin to become available soon.

Yes I read that, but I’m not sure I’ve actually seen the figures for Pfizer for the gap between the two shots, it’s apparent that other countries using Pfizer are doing both doses within 28 days thereabouts! Do you have any links WBB on effective info for longer delay between the two?

49 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! This just confirms my point you dimwit. Citing a greater number of right-wing biased opinions doesn't negate the fact that they are right wing biased opinions. And yet again we find you citing a number of links you clearly haven't read.

How can the BBC report be right winged bias ? dumb or what ?

45 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes I read that, but I’m not sure I’ve actually seen the figures for Pfizer for the gap between the two shots, it’s apparent that other countries using Pfizer are doing both doses within 28 days thereabouts! Do you have any links WBB on effective info for longer delay between the two?

There are none currently as we are only now approaching 12 weeks for the masses. VW link that he kindly put up for me however shows T cells etc in blood, which do look promising. In view of the cancer bits of that however I do hope it is working thoroughly with the gap on the much older citizens, but if it does not I think we got lucky when doctors refused to not give 2nd jabs to that first group in December. By the way not suggesting our strategy is wrong, just pointing out how difficult it is to compare strategies.

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How can the BBC report be right winged bias ? dumb or what ?

FFS! I'm not going to get drawn into more pointless attempts to get you to see the blindingly obvious. I shall instead continue to campaign for a future when those with less intelligence than a retarded chimpanzee don't get the right to vote and f*uck everthing up for the rest of us. I'll let you guess what I think your prospects are for meeting that criteria.

Brexit triggers exodus of Japanese firms from UK to EU

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-trade-japan-exodus-firms-uk-eu/

The number of Japanese firms based in the U.K. fell 12 percent between 2014 and 2019, from 1,084 to 951, with most of the drop occurring during the politically tumultuous period following the Brexit referendum in June 2016.

The U.K. drop is in contrast to a growing number of Japanese firms situating in the EU27. Between 2014 and 2019 the number of firms in the Netherlands grew by 67 percent, according to the MoFA data. There were also increases in Germany, France and Italy of 11 percent, 7 percent and 53 percent respectively over the same period.

25 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Brexit triggers exodus of Japanese firms from UK to EU

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-trade-japan-exodus-firms-uk-eu/

The number of Japanese firms based in the U.K. fell 12 percent between 2014 and 2019, from 1,084 to 951, with most of the drop occurring during the politically tumultuous period following the Brexit referendum in June 2016.

The U.K. drop is in contrast to a growing number of Japanese firms situating in the EU27. Between 2014 and 2019 the number of firms in the Netherlands grew by 67 percent, according to the MoFA data. There were also increases in Germany, France and Italy of 11 percent, 7 percent and 53 percent respectively over the same period.

Yes - Brexit in unravelling much quicker than I thought it would. Only Covid is giving Johnson a fig leaf at present.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

"British wind" 🤣 🤣 🤣

https://www.indy100.com/news/paul-scully-uk-wind-power-sky-news-b1815735

A Conservative minister has sparked confusion after proudly asserting that the UK’s new offshore wind power projects will use “British wind” to power homes with renewable energy

I thought Johnson and the Brexiteers were full of it. Finally a positive use for it. We need to station them all permanently offshore though 🙂

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just six percent of EU27 citizens hold a "very positive" image of the EU

Unless you publish the whole survey taking one figure is totally meaningless.

I imagine that what you were trying to achieve but we've known that you are totally meaningless for ages.