Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

I was idealistic when I was young, experience of life changes you, for better or more probably for worse.

On 31/03/2022 at 17:47, A Load of Squit said:

Yep! A well researched article that one. The country that can't supply its own energy needs is going to become a major exporter of energy to other countries. I believe we are also going to export bananas to the Cameroon, and coffee to Brazil.

22 hours ago, Herman said:

👀😲

Hermy, shame on you for falsifying figures so blatantly like that. You know full well that Paul Moy promised us time and again that all the German car manufacturers would gang up on Merkel and force her to allow the UK to keep unfettered access to the single market even though we would no longer accept free movement of labour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul Moy. He disappeared quicker than a fart from pyjamas. Rhetorical question likely, but I wonder if he and posters like Jools, that gave nothing but dog's abuse, will ever apologise to the people that warned them of the folly of brexit?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Paul Moy. He disappeared quicker than a fart from pyjamas. Rhetorical question likely, but I wonder if he and posters like Jools, that gave nothing but dog's abuse, will ever apologise to the people that warned them of the folly of brexit?

Based on the behaviour of the most prominent Brexiters, up to the top of the UK government, I would say not...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Oh come now Herman, they’ll never do that, Swindo and his mob will use covid and the Ukrainian war to hide the utter failure of Brexit!

Wouldn’t surprise me if Boris used this war to rejoin the EU!

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Oh come now Herman, they’ll never do that, Swindo and his mob will use covid and the Ukrainian war to hide the utter failure of Brexit!

Wouldn’t surprise me if Boris used this war to rejoin the EU!

"We always knew that we would rejoin the EU. It's definitely what we voted for."😀

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Well if your money is made by lending capital, you shouldn't have to worry about Brexit Mr Nixon but some people make their money by trade.

So pish off back to your Moneysupermarket and wallow in your wealth.

13 hours ago, Herman said:

Brexit going really well I see. Well done everyone.👏

Cancelled shows and massive debts: artists start to report on the reality of post-Brexit touring.

https://completemusicupdate.com/article/cancelled-shows-and-massive-debates-artists-start-to-report-on-the-reality-of-post-brexit-touring/

Phantom of the opera will tour Europe with a Chinese production 

Apparently a Chinese crew only needs one set of paperwork to tour, while a UK one needs multiples 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Herman said:

Anyone shocked anymore?

Quite a big story down here mate. The majority vote was Leave in Cornwall despite the County receiving the largest funding by the EU per capita in the UK. Lots of big blue signs around saying this or that project was through EU funding.

Now instead of £100M a year, its £130M over three years.

Behind the eighth tee at my golf course is ample evidence of Leave. Cabbages rotting away in the fields because there is no-one to pick them. And the smell is horrendous. Has no-one told the farmer? What is the ministry doing? (partying?)

Yet house building is the busiest its ever been with even jobbing builders working on sites. So people are moving into the area but the infrastructure will not cope because the Council will have less money for capital projects.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Quite a big story down here mate. The majority vote was Leave in Cornwall despite the County receiving the largest funding by the EU per capita in the UK. Lots of big blue signs around saying this or that project was through EU funding.

Now instead of £100M a year, its £130M over three years.

Behind the eighth tee at my golf course is ample evidence of Leave. Cabbages rotting away in the fields because there is no-one to pick them. And the smell is horrendous. Has no-one told the farmer? What is the ministry doing? (partying?)

Yet house building is the busiest its ever been with even jobbing builders working on sites. So people are moving into the area but the infrastructure will not cope because the Council will have less money for capital projects.

Yes - It appear many of the Brexiteers weren't (and now aren't going to get) the full shilling (I know they still like Lsd). 

Edited by Yellow Fever

22 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - It appear many of the Brexiteers weren't (and now aren't going to get) the full shilling (I know they still like Lsd). 

I think its still two starling to the ferret down here mate.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Herman said:

Anyone shocked anymore?

It isn't news, it's a rumour. Your anti-British tank is looking quite empty if this is the best you can do. 

• Haha 1