Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

16 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Every authority on the subject says avoiding red meat is crucial in avoiding cancer. Apparently GAMMON is a particular danger.

That's untrue.

Every 'authority' (and I assume you are referring to the medical profession) on the subject recommends a balanced diet, which includes red meat because it is naturally rich in protein and low in salt. Lean red meat in the right proportions can play an important role in a healthy balanced diet. Lean beef, lamb and pork provide a range of vitamins & minerals that contribute to good health. These nutrients that can be more difficult to get from a plant-based diet, such as iron, high-quality protein and vitamin B12.

Eating too much red meat obviously presents a danger (as is the case of excess in most things,) but even then it is processed red meat that is the main culprit.

A couple of Australian sourced steaks a week would therefore present less danger than a couple of fry-ups a week containing Danish bacon. According to every authority on the subject, that is.

Just saying.

European Union developed the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) for the promotion of cooperation between the EU and its neighbours to the East and South of the European territory of the EU (i.e., excluding its outermost regions),[1] which, in part, includes the Cross-Border Cooperation programme aimed at the promotion of economic development in border areas and ensuring border security.[2]

Edited by SwindonCanary

27 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

European Union developed the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) for the promotion of cooperation between the EU and its neighbours to the East and South of the European territory of the EU (i.e., excluding its outermost regions),[1] which, in part, includes the Cross-Border Cooperation programme aimed at the promotion of economic development in border areas and ensuring border security.[2]

Can you read the link you've posted and then tell us why this is a solution to the terrible deal Lord Frost negotiated?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Every 'authority' (and I assume you are referring to the medical profession) on the subject recommends a balanced diet, which includes red meat because it is naturally rich in protein and low in salt.

Simply not true. All the available evidence shows one irrefutably reduces one's chance of getting various cancers (but most importantly bowel cancer) by removing red meat from one's diet. No, I'm not advocating veganism or vegetarianism but simply dispelling your myth that "a balanced diet includes red meat"; that claim is factually incorrect. Whilst current NHS advice claims one can include 70 grams of red meat within a daily balanced diet, it certainly does not claim that red meat is required for a balanced diet.

There is nothing nutritionally important in red meat that can't be obtained more safely elsewhere, especially protein which is available in a vast range of foods, be it from white meat, or grains and pulses etc. Indeed, as a source of protein red meat is an extraordinarily inefficient way to get protein into the diet of human beings. Red meat may well be tasty, but it is entirely inessential as a part of a balanced diet. Not only is red meat a proven carcinogen, its production contributes to massive environmental destruction through inappropriate land use (Brazilian rainforest destruction) and global warming.  Indeed there is no plausible programme for reduction of global warming that doesn't also call for a massive reduction in the consumption of red meat.

Just saying!

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/meat-nutrition/

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-does-70g-red-meat-look

https://www.climatecentral.org/news/studies-link-red-meat-and-climate-change-20264

51 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Simply not true. All the available evidence shows one irrefutably reduces one's chance of getting various cancers (but most importantly bowel cancer) by removing red meat from one's diet. No, I'm not advocating veganism or vegetarianism but simply dispelling your myth that "a balanced diet includes red meat"; that claim is factually incorrect. Whilst current NHS advice claims one can include 70 grams of red meat within a daily balanced diet, it certainly does not claim that red meat is required for a balanced diet.

There is nothing nutritionally important in red meat that can't be obtained more safely elsewhere, especially protein which is available in a vast range of foods, be it from white meat, or grains and pulses etc. Indeed, as a source of protein red meat is an extraordinarily inefficient way to get protein into the diet of human beings. Red meat may well be tasty, but it is entirely inessential as a part of a balanced diet. Not only is red meat a proven carcinogen, its production contributes to massive environmental destruction through inappropriate land use (Brazilian rainforest destruction) and global warming.  Indeed there is no plausible programme for reduction of global warming that doesn't also call for a massive reduction in the consumption of red meat.

Just saying!

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/meat-nutrition/

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-does-70g-red-meat-look

https://www.climatecentral.org/news/studies-link-red-meat-and-climate-change-20264

Jesus H. 

Took your time there Bill.

It's usually just a toilet break that causes your brief absences from this forum. I assumed you had constipation.

That was indeed an impressive exercise in frantic Googleing of massive, and time consuming proportions. You do seem to have a lot of time on your hands though.

You originally pointed out that "avoiding red meat is "crucial in avoiding cancer."

('Avoid' transitive verb. : to keep away from : shun.) 

That is blatenty untrue ... as I pointed out.

All that trouble you went to was really not needed. I never stated, for example, that red meat was 'necessary' in a balanced diet as you seem to want to imply.

Your original statement was untrue. Eating red meat in moderation is not a carcinogen.

Wriggle at will.

(Wot no Googleing??)

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Jesus H. 

Took your time there Bill.

It's usually just a tiolet break that causes your brief absences from this forum. I assumed you had constipation.

That was indeed an impressive exercise in Googleing of massive, and time consuming, proportion proportions. You do seem to have a lot of time on your hands though.

You originally pointed out that "avoiding red meat is "crucial in avoiding cancer."

('Avoid' transitive verb. : to keep away from : shun.) 

That is blatenty untrue ... as I pointed out.

All that trouble you went to was really not needed. I never stated, for example, that red meat was 'necessary' in a balanced diet as you seem to want to imply.

Your original statement was untrue. Eating red meat in moderation is not a carcinogen.

Wriggle at will.

(Wot no Googleing!)

Oh dear! You don't even understand your own sentences, "Every 'authority' (and I assume you are referring to the medical profession) on the subject recommends a balanced diet, which includes red meat because it is naturally rich in protein and low in salt." Can't say that surprises me in the slightest.

Yet again, more pathetic, childish, misspelt insults in the hope you can avoid scrutiny of the litany of falsehoods you spew out with consistent regularity. Of course, I could engage in the childish game of claiming you sound suspiciously like so many of the other right-wingers on this site who also have an aversion to the facts, but I'll leave you alone in the playground with Swindon, RTB, Jools and your other best buddies.

The crucial point is that your statement that "a balanced diet includes red meat" is untrue.

Perhaps you should try "Googleing" [sic] a bit more often 

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Googling

google

Past participle: googled
Gerund: googling

misspell at will!

Past participle: googled
Gerund: googling

misspell at will!

Is that all you have to offer? Pathetic with knobs on. Something to do with "seperate?" Do you live and breathe this forum? Whilst you have your dictionary at hand look up the word "recommends."

I also note that, just like a cornered rat spitting in all directions, the insults from Bill are beginning to flow.

I can't wait for the next instalment, from the expert in insult hurling.

Your original statement  was incorrect. Admit it.

That's all. No need to get all geeky sad about it. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So where was the cooperation from the DUP and Boris(I'm just a girl who can't say no) Johnson?

The Loyalists saw any border between the Mainland and them as the first move in a united Ireland. But they didn't want a hard border with Eire. But they are in the EU. So Boris agreed one down the Irish Sea, which he now refutes.

So please explain where the EU didn't bend over backwards to help. But of course you want it all ways don't you. Land of Lies and Tories, mother of the free(ports).

19 hours ago, horsefly said:

Just how many of the UK's Islamic fundamentalist terrorists arrived in the country via EU "free travel" regulations? I think one will find they were pretty much exclusively "home grown".

Islamic fundamentalists have been supported, paid and groomed by our security services since the Sykes Picot agreement and in other instances going back as far as pre occupation India. They have aligned themselves with the Muslim Brotherhood and funded much of their operation when it suited them.

Londonistan is the bastion of islamic fronts for terror and you have to ask yourself whether they all died of Covid as not much has happened, since the Conservative party during an election stalled ambulances and the fire brigade for over an hour before they let them in to help those injured in the Manchester bombing. 

I can recommend Mark Curtis updated 'Secret Affairs' for references. We just can't let go of our colonial bad habits.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Are we importing less from the EU and is this a good thing?

I have never understood the problem about importing. We are quite happy for the FTSE 100 to be full of non British companies but as soon as something arrives on a ship or plane, there is a moan about balance of payments. If we cannot make it then we have to buy it from someone else.

However, I do not see the need to keep importing so much food. We have the capability to grow so much more in the UK but are lazy and prefer rape seed and daffodils etc.

I am certainly in favour of importing less and developing our own local supply chains where we can .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Are we importing less from the EU and is this a good thing?

Yes, it's vital that we stop depending on the EU 

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Oh dear! Now use your imagination for once and ask yourself, "What if the EU takes that attitude towards the UK?". Actually you don't need to do that, just read the report from the Food and Drink Federation on the 96% drop in exports to the EU from the UK dairy industry. Or perhaps read what the fishing industry think about their inability to sell their catches into the EU. Funny how you have had nothing to say about the collapse of these industries, or the many other struggling SMEs.

image.png.5ec9705c2c5ebc0b16d3bf6d637b6760.png

Did you not manage to get to the second paragraph???

• Haha 1

Michel Barnier Plans To SUSPEND Migration To France !

As usua,l no link. Perhaps, since you have provided no link you could instead explain what power Barnier has to do this.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Did you not manage to get to the second paragraph???

I knew the second paragraph was bad but thought I'd include it to appease those that are out of line with the rest of the country . By the way look again at who's posting the above posting and it's only an estimate !

Edited by SwindonCanary

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I knew the second paragraph was bad but thought I'd include it to appease those that are out of line with the rest of the country . By the way look again at who's posting the above posting and it's only an estimate !

Only an estimate! phew! Perhaps it will only be £15 bn that brexit has cost.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

But you would be happy to trade with the US even though they want to dominate?

Your obsession with the EU is worrying. It exists. There are many nations in it who are doing the best for their citizens. None of them probably wish us any harm. But I while tell them to avoid Swindon should they decide to visit.

19 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But you would be happy to trade with the US even though they want to dominate?

Your obsession with the EU is worrying. It exists. There are many nations in it who are doing the best for their citizens. None of them probably wish us any harm. But I while tell them to avoid Swindon should they decide to visit.

We now have the whole world to trade with ! 

Edited by SwindonCanary

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And when didn't we have the whole world to trade with?

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

...apart from the countries right on our ****ing doorstep.