Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

You said this is good news so answer the questions: Why do we need to be the foremost naval power in Europe? Just what is supposed to be the advantage of this?

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I've previously wrote it's loads jobs for the boys.  

Now try a serious answer

just like the fire brigade when there’s no fire 🙄

and it’s called a deterrent

or else those naughty foreigners would be coming into our supermarkets and stealing 'our' fish

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What's the point of the forces when there's no war ? loads of service people with nothing to do ?

Now before you start whining about bullying may I point out to you that your hero Boris Johnson says it's perfectly fine to shout and swear at people as long as you didn't "intend" to bully them. So I have no intention to bully you by pointing out that your answers to questions are so stupid that they would be shamed by the efforts of a ret*rded gnat. You clearly can't be bothered to try and engage in reasoned debate so you need to accept that you will be treated accordingly.

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Now before you start whining about bullying may I point out to you that your hero Boris Johnson says it's perfectly fine to shout and swear at people as long as you didn't "intend" to bully them. So I have no intention to bully you by pointing out that your answers to questions are so stupid that they would be shamed by the efforts of a ret*rded gnat. You clearly can't be bothered to try and engage in reasoned debate so you need to accept that you will be treated accordingly.

Why are you not using those hundreds of degrees you allege to have, engaged in honest employment instead of being all over a football forum of an afternoon?

6 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Why are you not using those hundreds of degrees you allege to have, engaged in honest employment instead of being all over a football forum of an afternoon?

As a semi-retired individual I have oodles of time to combat ignorance. Oh! and just for your info I have 1 undergraduate degree, an MA and a PhD. What qualifications do you have?

Edited by horsefly

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

As a semi-retired individual I have oodles of time to combat ignorance. Oh! and just for your info I have 1 undergraduate degree, an MA and a PhD. What qualifications do you have?

So what time does your shift at Asda start?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Ah! your typical educated response. Good to know you haven't changed a bit during all that time I blocked your posts. Good to know I didn't miss anything (not that there was ever a chance you might actually contribute something worthwhile to a debate).

And btw, when I have shopped at ASDA I have always found their staff to be very pleasant and hardworking. Far above my worth, so I'll take that as a compliment.

Edited by horsefly

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

What a pathetic answer. You are rapidly heading towards rock bottom.

39 minutes ago, horsefly said:

but you call me names =bullying 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

but you call me names =bullying 

Not according to your hero Boris. How about just answering the questions you were asked then I might not be subject to the tense environment that results in unintentional insults (that's definitely not bullying because Boris said so)

Britain quietly paid the billion pound bill it was handed by Brussels on Brexit Day during trade negotiations with the EU, the Telegraph can reveal. 

The European Commission sent the Government a demand for an extra £1.09 billion on top of its Budget payments to Brussels on January 31, the very day the UK legally left the EU

Tory backbenchers had called for the payment to be made conditional on the successful conclusion of trade negotiations

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

"Many UK food manufacturers are planning to stop supplying Northern Ireland once the Brexit transition period ends on 1 January, industry experts warn.

According to a survey of member companies carried out by the Food and Drink Federation (FDF), almost a third of respondents said they planned to "pause" shipments to Northern Ireland amid the confusion caused by the implementation of the so-called "Irish Sea border".

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-means-many-food-producers-plan-to-stop-supplying-to-northern-ireland-12136807

And here is an obvious pi ssed Johnson lying through his teeth to some Ulster Unionists how there won't be a border between GB and NI. There will be, at massive cost, and monitored by the EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7NFfUOJwDE

The same level of lying when he told the halfwits that there was a deal already sorted....over ready he referred to it as There never was nor could be on the terms him and Farage have constantly spouted out

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Britain quietly paid the billion pound bill it was handed by Brussels on Brexit Day during trade negotiations with the EU, the Telegraph can reveal. 

The European Commission sent the Government a demand for an extra £1.09 billion on top of its Budget payments to Brussels on January 31, the very day the UK legally left the EU

Tory backbenchers had called for the payment to be made conditional on the successful conclusion of trade negotiations

I know you Tories  struggle to understand this but it's called honouring your legal obligations. Doing so isn't something you can make conditional. It's the LAW!

54 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

aww, did the naughty fat man lie to the poor mouse brain  ?

did a backbencher say the EU could go and whistle ?

as to the thunderclap that was to fall, there is virtually no thunder, nor clap

just more crap.................... for the brexit thickos to swallow

Edited by Bill
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

aww, did the naughty fat man lie to the poor mouse brain  ?

did a backbencher say the EU could go and whistle ?

as to the thunder that was to fall, there is virtually no thunder, nor clap

just more crap.................... for the brexit thickos to swallow

It's amazing how often this ridiculous farce has been played out, and the dumb Brexsh*teers fall for it every time. "We're not paying Brussels a penny" yowls Boris in front of a braying bunch of foam flecked gammons, as he gets one of his backroom lackeys to write out the cheque and pay it on the quiet.

• Like 1

Further to the NI story about customs checks - from someone who knows, not an idiot who swallows shi t from Farage

"At the Arcadia Deli in Belfast, owner Mark Brown is facing a potential doubling in the price of an English cheese.

He currently buys half a wheel of Colston Bassett stilton from Nottinghamshire for around £60. But he estimates that, after 1 January, each cheese will need an Export Health Certificate that could cost £50 or £60.

"What am I going to do?" he says. "I can't pass on that kind of price increase to the customer. There's no way anyone will pay double for their wedge of Stilton at Christmas. I can't source it from anywhere else... otherwise it's not Stilton."

He's referring to the cheese's Protected Designation of Origin status, which means a Stilton can only be produced in three English counties. Mr Brown says the irony of Brexit is that he will now most likely sell a European cheese instead.

"This is a Picos blue cheese from northern Spain", Mr Brown says, holding up a vine leaf-covered wheel.

"Currently it's selling for a pound more than the Stilton, but post-Brexit, with the new checks we're expecting, it will be nearly half the price of the Stilton. That's what customers will choose instead. At the start of Brexit, I thought it'd be cheaper to get British produce rather than European, but now, it's the other way around."

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I don't think people realise just how bad things are. They've become used to the easy flow of goods and produce that resulted from membership of the single market and have naively assumed that it will just continue once we left. So very dumb!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I don't think people realise just how bad things are. They've become used to the easy flow of goods and produce that resulted from membership of the single market and have naively assumed that it will just continue once we left. So very dumb!

Ffs, grow a spine.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jools said:

Ffs, grow a spine.

Your usual well informed response ret*rd. Do explain to us what prof Chris Elliott has got wrong. 

41 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Given that the Government has signalled its intention to freeze public pay for three years why are you posting this? And since when did a Tory Government object that the EU prevented them from giving a higher public sector pay rise? NEVER is the answer

SC as usual misses the point that whatever deal we get offered will be far worse than what we had when we were members of the EU and the single market. Even Rees-Bogg admitted that this was the inevitable outcome of Brexit and predicted it would take at least a decade to even things up (and that was just about the economic cost involved). Indeed it was no suprise that the selfish multi-millionaire  moved his head offices to Dublin to avoid the consequences that the rest of us will have to endure. I truly hope that we do get a deal, but I won't be so gullible and stupid to think that this will be some kind of triumph. We will be poorer economically and socially as a result of this Brexsh*t shambles. Businesses will close, others will relocate to europe (as they have already done),  people will lose their jobs, the UK will probably splinter, and the security of this Island will be imperiled (as even May admits). A victory it certainly will not be, not even a Pyrrhic one.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

SC as usual misses the point that whatever deal we get offered will be far worse than what we had when we were members of the EU and the single market.

I'll hold you to that, and bring it up in a few years

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'll hold you to that, and bring it up in a few years

It's a simple fact.

You've lost the right to live/work/study/retire and trade unhindered in over 30 countries. That is a great loss that many millions will miss. We will never get better than that.

• Like 1