Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

7 hours ago, kick it off said:

Well worth 60 seconds of anyone's time. 

excellent! I'd love to see a soul choir singing "White Christmas" in response to the racists.

Edited by horsefly

More Brexsh*t bollox awaits

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/no-brexit-deal-could-lead-to-organised-crime-bonanza-on-irish-border/ar-BB1b8fRM?ocid=msedgntp

Northern Ireland’s Justice Minister has urged that a Brexit deal be agreed, warning of a potential “organised crime bonanza.

Naomi Long described “huge uncertainty” for justice agencies with just weeks to go until the end of the transition period.

She singled out extradition as a particular area of concern, telling a Westminster committee that the justice system could be left using 1950s mechanisms for extradition.

“We can’t combat 2020 crime and security threats using 1950 tools,” she said.

The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee previously heard that instead of six to eight weeks under the European Arrest Warrant, extradition could take up to two years.

Giving evidence to the committee on Wednesday, Ms Long said it is “imperative” that the UK and EU agree a future security partnership.

However even if they do, it will not have the same breadth of measures to which we currently have access, the outcome will be sub-optimal unless we have the same access to current IT systems, legal instruments and EU agencies that we currently enjoy,” she told MPs.

“We cannot really afford to lose those key EU measures, if we – tragically in my view – exit without a deal then it is imperative that bilateral arrangements are put in place to bridge any gaps in capability.

“There is huge uncertainty for justice partners, there are only weeks to go until the end of the transition period yet we do not know what beyond that will look like.

“Planning can only go so far in that context. We do now urgently need detail on the outcome of the negotiations and clarity, in particular as to how the Northern Ireland Protocol will be implemented in practice to try to embed a culture of compliance and a culture of lawfulness.”

Ms Long said anything less than a good security partnership between the UK and EU, or a substantial bilateral agreement between the UK and Ireland, would be a “failure of policy making and negotiation”.

Ms Long also raised the potential for unrest if people are “politically disturbed” by the outcomes of Brexit, as well as potential for the expansion of black market activity in a scenario of different tariffs on either side of the border.

“It isn’t just the future security partnership that affects policing and justice in Northern Ireland, it is also the economic decisions that are made because if we have increased differentials in terms of tariffs and other issues around the border, then we will end up with a potential bonanza for organised crime,” she said.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Poor old Swindon (confused emoji). Are there too many words for you to handle?

it's the only emoji I can use out of the choice what I what I wanted to put was Bull sh1t  

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

it's the only emoji I can use out of the choice what I what I wanted to put was Bull sh1t  

So do explain to us what the Northern Ireland Justice Minister has got wrong. I'm sure she will be delighted to have someone of your proven mental prowess explain to her that she has nothing to worry about. So we will wait for your point-by-point refutation of her claims. Looking forward to it.

"Let them eat sh*t"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/trade-advisor-tony-abbott-says-animal-welfare-standards-shouldn-t-be-in-brexit-deal/ar-BB1b8cug?ocid=msedgntp

"Trade advisor Tony Abbott says animal welfare standards shouldn't be in Brexit deal"

"A UK adviser appointed by Boris Johnson rubbished claims animal welfare and environmental standards should be part of trade deals with other nations today."

Great news for consumers, UK farmers, and the animal kingdom.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Ah Swindo, fresh from the Boris Johnson school of believing that if you're positive enough, and say it enough times that you can wish it into existence.

4 hours ago, Jools said:

Newly revived British Motorcycle company BSA to open a new factory near their historic home in Birmingham to start building brand new bikes again. Smashing.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/bsa-return-electric-motorbike/

Despite Brexit 👍

Doi you mention this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/brexit-nissan-deal-sunderland-factory-b1725017.html

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

So do explain to us what the Northern Ireland Justice Minister has got wrong. I'm sure she will be delighted to have someone of your proven mental prowess explain to her that she has nothing to worry about. So we will wait for your point-by-point refutation of her claims. Looking forward to it.

We all know there will be a deal of some sorts, but you remainers always point towards 'if we don't get a deal'.  all that's about is  'IF =' Bullsh1t

Edited by SwindonCanary

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

We all know there will be a deal of some sorts, but you remainers always point towards 'if we don't get a deal'.  all that's about is  'IF =' Bullsh1t

No, I said answer the NI Justice Minister point-by-point, not just repeat your inane comment. Clearly you can't, but then we all new that anyway.

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

No, I said answer the NI Justice Minister point-by-point, not just repeat your inane comment. Clearly you can't, but then we all new that anyway.

No need as she is talking bull sh1t

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

No need as she is talking bull sh1t

I think you will find that doesn't constitute an argument you ret*rd. Quite clearly you can't respond to her points because she's right and you're too stupid.

Edited by horsefly

10 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Very odd. The Footsie 100 is still falling today. Down more than one per cent. Plainly Swindon's world scoop that there will be a deal has yet to filter through to the City.

• Haha 2

UK ON BRINK OF CANADA DEAL  👍

A week ago, Remainers were performatively gleeful over reports from the Independent and others that Justin Trudeau had poured cold water over a UK-Canada trade deal ahead of December 31st, suggesting “London doesn’t have “the bandwidth” to get it done on time.” They’ll be crestfallen, therefore, to read the news on Bloomberg today that the UK and Canada are, in fact, on the “brink of signing a new trade agreement to replace the existing deal Britain has through European Union membership.” Remainers may have preferred the gloomy news – unfortunately it just wasn’t true-deau…

Steve Baker raised the good news during questions in the Commons this morning, in which Liz Truss said she hopes that “in the future, as Canada is a member of the TPP… we will be able to go much further, and build a much deeper relationship with Canada” than the EU has. More project fear claims falling away…

• Like 1

Tony Abbott ~ "Both Britain and Australia are keen to do a deal before Christmas"  👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jools said:

UK ON BRINK OF CANADA DEAL  👍

A week ago, Remainers were performatively gleeful over reports from the Independent and others that Justin Trudeau had poured cold water over a UK-Canada trade deal ahead of December 31st, suggesting “London doesn’t have “the bandwidth” to get it done on time.” They’ll be crestfallen, therefore, to read the news on Bloomberg today that the UK and Canada are, in fact, on the “brink of signing a new trade agreement to replace the existing deal Britain has through European Union membership.” Remainers may have preferred the gloomy news – unfortunately it just wasn’t true-deau…

Steve Baker raised the good news during questions in the Commons this morning, in which Liz Truss said she hopes that “in the future, as Canada is a member of the TPP… we will be able to go much further, and build a much deeper relationship with Canada” than the EU has. More project fear claims falling away…

And what are the details of that deal? What are the gains over the deal we already had as a member of the EU? 

Edited by horsefly

13 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And what are the details of that deal? What are the gains over the deal we already had as a member of the EU? 

Don't know -- I'm waiting for the BBC and the Guardian to give me details 🤣

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Don't know -- I'm waiting for the BBC and the Guardian to give me details 🤣

A bit like me waiting for anwers from you on the other threads, except the BBC and Guardian will actually provide some answers.

Just now, horsefly said:

A bit like me waiting for anwers from you on the other threads, except the BBC and Guardian will actually provide some answers.

And I'm sure they'll be extremely positive 😜

1 minute ago, Jools said:

And I'm sure they'll be extremely positive 😜

Who knows but at least they won't be stupid which your posts are guaranteed to be.