Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Bradley "Vampire" Johnson

Not according to Joe's interview today

''Joe Allen says he was not bitten by Derby midfielder Bradley Johnson during Stoke's 2-1 win on Wednesday evening. "He might have caught a bit of my shirt, but I think we can lay that one to rest."

Rowett said '' I've spoken to Joe Allen, he's said nothing problematic, we certainly won't be pushing for anything and I hope no-one else does."

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/stoke-midfielder-insists-former-norwich-star-didn-t-bite-him-during-battle-with-derby-1-5799815 

Been charged now, expected to be a minimum of 4 game ban.  However, I'm slightly confused; I thought the rules were that you couldn't be charged if the ref gave you a yellow card (which he and Joe Allen received).  The FA's statement suggests it wasn't seen, yet he gave a booking.  Perhaps they're viewing them as two separate incidents - yellow card for the melee and FA charge for the alleged bite.

“It follows an incident with Stoke City’s Joe Allen during yesterday’s game (Wednesday 28 November 2018) which was not seen by the match officials but caught on camera.

“It is alleged that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient.”

This all sounds like a lot of nothing.

It helps that Stoke won but Allen wants the matter dropped though grabbing a mouthful of polyester doesn't really help Johnson's case.

I hope they just forget about the whole thing but that Suarez incident probably set a precedent so I'll be surprised if he dioesn't get a ban of some sort.

I do remember (fondly) a rather pantomime fall by BJ away at QPR that got Joey Barton sent off.  So if BJ gets a ban for this, you might say that was a case of "the biter bit..":classic_biggrin:

That sucks

Well he has the 4 game ban, apparently, plus another one for 5 bookings in the season.  Certainly a strange looking incident, he definitely looks like he lost it and definitely had a mouth full of the guy's shirt; you feel the FA had to make some sort of punishment.

2 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Is chewing on an opponent's shirt an offence?

perhaps not

but lifting it was, a few decades back