PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

1 hour ago, Herman said:

The Today programme may be worth listening to for a change. 

Maybe not, Kemi Badenoch is coming on. 

Radio 5 is no better this morning. They're making fun of Paltrow because she was only awarded $1 in damages and have neglected to mention that's the amount she sued for. The level of media reporting in this country is shocking. 

Radio 5 has belatedly caught on to the fact that Trump isn't in trouble for paying hush money, he's in trouble for how he did it. They are now relying on their listeners to tweet them the facts! 

As Humphrys has gone I may somewhat belatedly switch over. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Radio 5 is no better this morning. They're making fun of Paltrow because she was only awarded $1 in damages and have neglected to mention that's the amount she sued for. The level of media reporting in this country is shocking. 

Radio 5 has belatedly caught on to the fact that Trump isn't in trouble for paying hush money, he's in trouble for how he did it. They are now relying on their listeners to tweet them the facts! 

At the risk of becoming an atypical BBC basher there has been a creeping lack of professionalism amongst some of the main political presenters. Nick Robinson bringing up the Treasury note a perfect example. 

Can someone explain to me what the crime is here. In a nutshell. None of the "Trump is an evil man" stuff. To me he had an affair and paid her not to talk to people about it.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Can someone explain to me what the crime is here. In a nutshell. None of the "Trump is an evil man" stuff. To me he had an affair and paid her not to talk to people about it.

He didn't pay her, he put it through his company's books as a business expense. 

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He didn't pay her, he put it through his company's books as a business expense. 

More so an 'election' expense I think. We have to see the detailed charges.

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If the allegations this morning are correct, Trump should be indicted for being stupid. 

It's bad enough that the money was paid to Daniels but seeking to reduce the cost by claiming it as a business expense displays a huge lack of judgement. 

A smarter thing to have done might have been to say that he was undertaking some kind of business training. Like having IT lessons for instance.

Just off the top of my head.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

More so an 'election' expense I think. We have to see the detailed charges.

Yes, surely they have him on both counts?

Putting it through as a business expense was tax evasion, and not declaring it as an election expense was also a crime.

Ironically a sleazeball politician paying someone hush money to keep quiet about embarassing elements of his past was the only potentially legal part of the deal 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sonyc said:

A smarter thing to have done might have been to say that he was undertaking some kind of business training. Like having IT lessons for instance.

Just off the top of my head.

There is a precedent for that. The young lady in the bubble bath with champagne in The Big Short. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Apparently there are 34 charges but we won't find out what they are until Tuesday. 

So when Trump said 'see you next Tuesday' he wasn't being rude..... 

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is a precedent for that. The young lady in the bubble bath with champagne in The Big Short. 

And she was an orange colour too!

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

Very amusing when Trump said he did not have a dalliance or an affair with Daniels and wouldn't touch her with a 10foot pole.

She replied he was quite happy to touch her with a 3 inch one.

Of course this is going to give him free electioneering to cement his favour with the Wyoming/Utah inbreds. One of them said to his sister, "you're a better fcuk than Mom". She said, "Yeah, Dad said that".

On the other hand, he will lose virtually all the independent votes.

So the GOP and others saying this is not right and political as well as unAmerican over a small matter of fraud yet it was OK to murder George Floyd because he was passing dud dollars.

On 31/03/2023 at 12:00, keelansgrandad said:

Very amusing when Trump said he did not have a dalliance or an affair with Daniels and wouldn't touch her with a 10foot pole.

She replied he was quite happy to touch her with a 3 inch one.

When asked whether she was apprehensive about facing Trump in court, she said "I've seen him naked.  How can he be more scary with clothes on?"

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So the GOP and others saying this is not right and political as well as unAmerican over a small matter of fraud yet it was OK to murder George Floyd because he was passing dud dollars.

"Ok to murder" except the officer involved got charged with murder and is in Prison right now so no obviously it's not ok.

I mean Floyd himself was very high on fentanyl as his autopsy proved (A drug that restricts breathing) and he was found out to have heart disease too, but let's not get this debate started all over again. To be fair kneeling on someones neck probably does also have quite a high chance of causing serious damage to someone too.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Ok to murder" except the officer involved got charged with murder and is in Prison right now so no obviously it's not ok.

I mean Floyd himself was very high on fentanyl as his autopsy proved (A drug that restricts breathing) and he was found out to have heart disease too, but let's not get this debate started all over again. To be fair kneeling on someones neck probably does also have quite a high chance of causing serious damage to someone too.

It wasn't the kneeling on the neck that killed him. His chest was trapped on the ground, much like the poor devils at Hillsborough, and it prevents breathing and other fatal problems.

I am not saying Floyd was Mr Squeaky Clean. I doubt any of us would have like him. But he didn't needlessly kill thousands of US citizens during the Pandemic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

image.png.61f65951f606601e2329b237df7e90f9.png

Good grief. This is the Pink'Un and some of us are no longer able to cope with pictures like that. 

The one on the right is a pretty little thing though. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Good grief. This is the Pink'Un and some of us are no longer able to cope with pictures like that. 

The one on the right is a pretty little thing though. 

I wouldn't want her again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I wouldn't want her again.

Wouldn't be a bad way to go. Not as good as winning 5-1 at Ipswich but close. 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Wouldn't be a bad way to go. Not as good as winning 5-1 at Ipswich but close. 

She plays two up front as well.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No fingerprints, no photos nothing more than a 10 to 20 minute court apperence that won't even be filmed or photographed.

Yawn.

That’s good. The fat **** will milk it for all its worth otherwise. 

The latest conspiracy theory is that this is a stitch-up by the Democrats to increase Trump's popularity enough to beat DeSantis to the Republican nomination. They think Biden has a better chance against Trump, and they're probably right.  Trump would pay the price for failing to broaden his support base, just as he did in 2020.  MAGA is probably even more cultish now.

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

The latest conspiracy theory is that this is a stitch-up by the Democrats to increase Trump's popularity enough to beat DeSantis to the Republican nomination. They think Biden has a better chance against Trump, and they're probably right.  Trump would pay the price for failing to broaden his support base, just as he did in 2020.  MAGA is probably even more cultish now.

Wrong on all counts -- Trump currently holds a 29pt lead over Ron DeSantis -- The Dems want Trump indicted so he can't run for president ever again..

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/03/poll-ron-desantis-support-drops-20-trump-surges/

12 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Wrong on all counts -- Trump currently holds a 29pt lead over Ron DeSantis -- The Dems want Trump indicted so he can't run for president ever again..

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/03/poll-ron-desantis-support-drops-20-trump-surges/

And here's dumbo admitting it...

Biden ~ "Legitimate efforts" 😀

Edited by Hook's-Walk-Canary