PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

I see Trump has shown his true colours, once again for any of you that have managed to miss it these last few years. Treacherous old ****.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Herman said:

I see Trump has shown his true colours, once again for any of you that have managed to miss it these last few years. Treacherous old ****.

And his deliberate lying with no recourse to proof allows posters like Jools to say anything just to provoke.

Former US President Donald Trump described Russian President Vladimir Putin, amid the Russia-Ukraine crisis, as “wonderful” and a “genius” on Tuesday.

In an appearance on conservative podcaster Buck Sexton’s show, Trump said he backed Putin in his decision to send troops into Ukraine to support Russian-backed separatists in Donetsk and Luhansk, Ukraine, to perform “peacekeeping” duties.

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen — and I said ‘this is genius,'” Trump, in an interview with Sexton, said. “Putin declares a big portion of the (sic) Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.”

Trump was full of praise for Russia’s “peace force,” suggesting, “We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest ‘peace force’ I’ve ever seen,” he said. “They’re gonna keep the peace all right.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Former US President Donald Trump described Russian President Vladimir Putin, amid the Russia-Ukraine crisis, as “wonderful” and a “genius” on Tuesday.

In an appearance on conservative podcaster Buck Sexton’s show, Trump said he backed Putin in his decision to send troops into Ukraine to support Russian-backed separatists in Donetsk and Luhansk, Ukraine, to perform “peacekeeping” duties.

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen — and I said ‘this is genius,'” Trump, in an interview with Sexton, said. “Putin declares a big portion of the (sic) Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.”

Trump was full of praise for Russia’s “peace force,” suggesting, “We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest ‘peace force’ I’ve ever seen,” he said. “They’re gonna keep the peace all right.”

Unfortunately, you left out the quote where Trump said we would never have been in this situation if Trump was still President. And he is right about that. Putin has made his move now because American is currently run by a very weak leader whom it is easy to exploit. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see China or North Korea make some military moves now that USA is so weakened by its non-leadership.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Unfortunately, you left out the quote where Trump said we would never have been in this situation if Trump was still President. And he is right about that. Putin has made his move now because American is currently run by a very weak leader whom it is easy to exploit. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see China or North Korea make some military moves now that USA is so weakened by its non-leadership.

I didn't include it because its not relevant. His links to Russia are still under investigation as far as I know. Both financially and politically. And I posted the remarks he made during an interview yesterday.

And why has this come about because of Biden? Russia had sanctions imposed on it in 2014 after it annexed Crimea. John Bolton tells us in his book that Trump wanted to remove the sanctions Obama imposed. In fact, he told the Kremlin the sanctions were too tough. He also withdrew aid for the Ukraine government despite attacks from rebels in the two regions.

So Trump has prattled off another statement of what he would have done as President. Anyone could say that. But the facts themselves indicate he had every chance as a world super power to have prevented it before he left office. In fact Russia formally warned NATO in 2008 that no Russian leader would stand by and allow NATO membership for Ukraine and saw it as a provocative action.

Ukraine elected a pro Russian Premier in 2010 but booted him out for a pro Western Premier four years later. In fact they are a nation who seem unsure who they want to influence them.

And the map below shows why Russia is concerned about NATO even nearer.

A graphic showing Nato's expansion since 1997

So thicko Trump dredges everything down to a common denominator. I would have done this and I would have sorted it. You are all wrong and I'm right. Look at the brilliant job I did in Afghanistan. And when I was booted out of office and Biden carried out what I had set in motion, I blamed him for doing it.

And this is a man who dodged the draft because of bone spurs.

17 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Childish levels of analysis as ever! Trump would have done exactly what he did with the Taliban, negotiate with the enemy and tell them that the US would do nothing at all to stop them doing whatever they want; "America first", screw world peace and the rule of law. So ridiculously naïve.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Tuckyo Rose.

So why doesn't Carlson give us an answer to his question? He thinks he knows everything else.

Or does he not want to tell us about Trump's relationship with Putin.

The ramblings of someone who says Biden is old and senile. Trump called Fox News when he heard about the start of the invasion.

TRUMP: Well, I think the whole thing – again – would’ve never happened. It shouldn’t happen. And it’s a very sad thing.

But you know what’s also very dangerous is you told me about the amphibious attack by Americans. You shouldn’t be saying that because you and everybody else shouldn’t know about it. They should do that secretly, not be doing that through the great Laura Ingraham. They should be doing that secretly. Nobody should know that, Laura, and you know–

INGRAHAM: No, those are the Russian amphibious landings.

TRUMP: Oh, I thought you said that we were sending people in.

INGRAHAM: [laughing] No. No, I did not. No, no.

TRUMP: Oh ok.

INGRAHAM: That would be news.

TRUMP: That’s all we need. That’ll be next, ok? Now, we want to protect our own borders. You know, we oughta get to the southern border and start protecting the southern border. But it’s a very terrible situation. It’s a situation that should’ve never happened, Laura.

“And it all happened because of a rigged election,” Trump said, repeating his favorite lie.

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

The ramblings of someone who says Biden is old and senile. Trump called Fox News when he heard about the start of the invasion.

TRUMP: Well, I think the whole thing – again – would’ve never happened. It shouldn’t happen. And it’s a very sad thing.

But you know what’s also very dangerous is you told me about the amphibious attack by Americans. You shouldn’t be saying that because you and everybody else shouldn’t know about it. They should do that secretly, not be doing that through the great Laura Ingraham. They should be doing that secretly. Nobody should know that, Laura, and you know–

INGRAHAM: No, those are the Russian amphibious landings.

TRUMP: Oh, I thought you said that we were sending people in.

INGRAHAM: [laughing] No. No, I did not. No, no.

TRUMP: Oh ok.

INGRAHAM: That would be news.

TRUMP: That’s all we need. That’ll be next, ok? Now, we want to protect our own borders. You know, we oughta get to the southern border and start protecting the southern border. But it’s a very terrible situation. It’s a situation that should’ve never happened, Laura.

“And it all happened because of a rigged election,” Trump said, repeating his favorite lie.

Let's be fair KG, Trump would have undoubtedly launched a bombing raid on Russia from all those airports the revolutionaries liberated in 1775

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Let's be fair KG, Trump would have undoubtedly launched a bombing raid on Russia from all those airports the revolutionaries liberated in 1775

He would join them but for his bone spurs.

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

Naww, bless.

Funny how all those people since 2016 have been saying national borders are no longer important suddenly discover that Ukraine borders are very important. Perhaps Ukraine should have built a wall.

• Like 1

That's your world view then? Who cares? 

Every son and daughter of every soldier, sailor and airman, every factory or farm worker who fought this kind of aggression 80 years ago cares ... that's who.

Norwich.jpg

1 minute ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

You obviously do because you read it and replied to it lad.

Oooh you got me

ive been outmanoeuvred by your epic facts and logic

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Oooh you got me

ive been outmanoeuvred by your epic facts and logic

Wow you’re so edgy and ‘alternative’. Have you tried stand up mate?

56 minutes ago, Surfer said:

What happens when a wannabe fascist "explains" history .... 

Literally doing Putin's work, as is Agent Farage-ski. 

A little reminder of the history of Kievan Rus would totally wreck this narrative. If we use the exact same logic, then Berlin is probably the capital of Poland (or Dresden for that matter, both started out as Slavic fishing villages) or maybe the Germans and Poles should get together and nab Kaliningrad.

Unilateral military invasion of a smaller country is right out of the Saddam Hussein playbook before the Gulf War. That one was legit as Kuwait ended up part of Iraq until liberation. The second one, where WMD was hinted at but never found, was the shocker and justifiably did for Blair's reputation.

On 23/02/2022 at 18:01, Rock The Boat said:

You're deranged.

• Haha 1