PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Have a good weekend everyone, I'llĀ check back in on Wednesday .... meanwhile: as so many have saidĀ "the polls were wrong last time".... so what if they are just as wrong this time?

538 and polls.jpg

Edited by Surfer

51 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Have a good weekend everyone, I'llĀ check back in on Wednesday .... meanwhile: as so many have saidĀ "the polls were wrong last time".... so what if they are just as wrong this time?

538 and polls.jpg

Ā 

šŸ˜±Ā Blimey, Surfski, I honestly believed it was a lot closer than that! Do please keep us updated...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ¤£

Edited by Jools

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

SSSSHHHH..

All the Biden supporters have gone very quietĀ šŸ™ƒ

As Trump's deranged death spreading supporters might chant: 'TAKE THE BETS! TAKE THE BETS!'

1 hour ago, Jools said:

SSSSHHHH..

All the Biden supporters have gone very quietĀ šŸ™ƒ

I feel a little worried Jools but the opinion polls show a decent lead for Biden. The polls were wrong last time I realise.

Are you thinking Trump will win? I assume you do.

52 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I feel a little worried Jools but the opinion polls show a decent lead for Biden. The polls were wrong last time I realise.

Are you thinking Trump will win? I assume you do.

Well, sonyc, I've boasted about my preference for honesty and plain speaking so no, I don't know if Trumpski is going win or not.

What I do know is victory for the placement muppet Biden,Ā who would swiftly be replaced by the Far-Left Harris,Ā would be aĀ catastrophe for the US, GB and the WorldĀ in general.

That's what you should be worried about.

Edited by Jools

Yep ill give Trump the win, the democrats could not of picked a worse candidate if they tried.

Plus the American media makes ours looks good.

Ā 

I don't know why anyone pays the slightest bit of attention to the polls

We will know who wins in around three months once all the legal wranglings are over.

Tbh I wish the USA voted for 10 year terms,all this nonsense every 4 years is too much

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/10-reasons-trump-fans-are-still-convinced-he-is-going-to-win-and-why-they-are-likely-mistaken/

Trumpā€™s Crowds Prove His Turnout Will Win It:Ā There is absolutely no doubt that Trumpā€™s rally crowds are extremely impressive and dwarf anything that the Biden can even dream of putting together. To the Trump fan, this means that there is tons of enthusiasm for Trump, and none for Biden. However, Trump fans refuse to acknowledge that the average Biden supporter is motivated primarily by voting AGAINST Trump, which is why Democrats did so well in the 2018 midterm elections. They also donā€™t want to accept that the mediaā€™s coverage of Trumpā€™s rallies may be a net negative for him as it gets perceived (incorrectly, in my view) that Trump is being reckless in this Covid era, while Biden is seen as valuing safety, even if he is actually quite thankful that he now has a built-in excuse for drawing rather pathetic crowds.

Ā 

I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm amazed people can still supportĀ the very clear and blatantly anti democratic attempts by the Republican Party to deny people their votes. It just seems like everybody's sense of morality has gone totally out of the window.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, king canary said:

I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm amazed people can still supportĀ the very clear and blatantly anti democratic attempts by the Republican Party to deny people their votes. It just seems like everybody's sense of morality has gone totally out of the window.

Trump is an immoral crook who has run the country just as you would expect an immoral crook to run a country. It pretty much follows that many of his supporters will be equally lacking in any sense of morality.

The broader point is that Trump has actually done the country a service in the longer run by showing that its idolised constitution is a document drawn up by serious and law-abiding men who assumed anyone who ended up as president would be equally virtuous, or if they were not then the checks and balances they drew up would suffice.

Trump has demonstrated time and again that if you simply ignore the law and have the backing of a supine senate then you can get away with anything. One example will do, which I don't think has got much coverage in the UK. Trump has got round the rules on the congressional ratification of officials in his government by making temporary appointments and then just carrying on with them after their temporary period runs out.

When as in three cases federal judges have ruled that these bureaucrats are serving illegally and all their actions in office are therefore illegal, and they must either step down or be fired by Trump, he has kept them in place. And there seems nothing that can be done about this.

It obviously never occurred to the founding fathers, who were rational legalists, that a president would ever act in such a crooked fashion, or that if he did that senators from his party would let him get away with it. In the UK some think we need a written constitution, and perhaps we do, but the US needsĀ  to bring its own constitution up to date.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Trump is an immoral crook who has run the country just as you would expect an immoral crook to run a country. It pretty much follows that many of his supporters will be equally lacking in any sense of morality.

The broader point is that Trump has actually done the country a service in the longer run by showing that its idolised constitution is a document drawn up by serious and law-abiding men who assumed anyone who ended up as president would be equally virtuous, or if they were no then the checks and balances they draw up would suffice.

Trump has demonstrated time and again that if you simply ignore the law and have the backing of a supine senate then you can get away with anything. One example will do, which I don't think has got much coverage in the UK. Trump has got round the rules on the congressional ratification of officials in his government by making temporary appointments and then just carrying on with them after their temporary period runs out.

When as in three cases federal judges have ruled that these bureaucrats are serving illegally and all their actions in office are therefore illegal, and they must either step down or be fired by Trump, he has kept them in place. And there seems nothing that can be done about this.

It obviously never occurred to the founding fathers, who were rational legalists, that a president would ever act in such a crooked fashion, or that if he did that senators from his party would let him get away with it. In the UK some think we need a written constitution, and perhaps we do, but the US needsĀ  to bring its own constitution up to date.

I like to believe the last 4 years have shown two obvious things...

1- The Republicans should never be able to paint themselves as a party of constitution loving patriots- they've shown that power at all costs is what matters to them. These 4 years should taint their image for generations (likely won't though).

2- There is such a thing as 'too much democracy.' Electing judges is a farcical idea.Ā 

• Like 1

Also Telegraph:

Florida: The nation's most populous swing state is once more on a knife edge, and Hispanic voters will play a decisive role in the result.

Democrats have been rattled by President Trump's gains among this demographic, despite his implementation of policies that have negativelyĀ targeted Latinos.

Our US Correspondent Rozina SaburĀ has the story from Miami.

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

US election 2020 news: Campaign enters final day as polls show dead heat in key state of Texas

-Telegraph

You do realise that this is an example of Trump doing badly?

Ā 

Considering that Texas has been red since 1976, the whole idea that it's potentially a swing state says something.

I still can't quite believe that, out of a population of 331 million people, these 2Ā  jokers are up for election.Ā 

11 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I still can't quite believe that, out of a population of 331 million people, these 2Ā  jokers are up for election.Ā 

To be fair we have 60 million and we came up with Johnson versus Corbyn.šŸ„“

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

To be fair we have 60 million and we came up with Johnson versus Corbyn.šŸ„“

True story bro

• Haha 1

Just watching some of the vox-pops of Trump supporters and he has really primed them to believe him losing will be because it's rigged. It's worrying for Americans in general. There is a serious risk of trouble thanks to him and his behaviour.

Just now, Herman said:

Just watching some of the vox-pops of Trump supporters and he has really primed them to believe him losing will be because it's rigged. It's worrying for Americans in general. There is a serious risk of trouble thanks to him and his behaviour.

Any they all are of the gun wielding disposition! Good luck America!Ā 

• Like 1

On 19/10/2020 at 16:46, PurpleCanary said:

That is not how the law of defamation works in the US. Stating falsities is not enough grounds for an action. Leaving aside the likely fact that this publication might not be considered to be worth suing on account of a lack of credibility or significance.

Today's verdict in the Depp versus Heard case is potentially significant in backing this up. It is generally much harder to defend a libel action in the UK than in the US. As the Washington Post, which has also being sued by Depp, for a column written by Heard it published, pointed out today:

''Legal experts say Depp could, arguably, face an even tougher task in a U.S. courtroom, where the burden of proof is on the party filing suit [ie Depp] and where free-speech protections are stronger. In that case, Depp will try to prove that Heard knew that she made false statements and that they were published regardless. In Britain, the burden of proof is on the defendant, or the person or company being sued, who has to do the heavy lifting.''

In other words, if Depp couldn not win in the UK he has little chance in the US. The idea put forward here back in October that because Joe Biden hasn't sued over a particular critical article that means it is definitely or even just probably true fails to take into account just how difficult it is to win a libel action in the US, and why people there don't sue even if what has been said is false.

53 minutes ago, Herman said:

You obviously missed all the violent Antifa/BLM rioting in mainly Democrat run citiesĀ the last few months.

The risk of trouble is always instigated by the Left.

20 minutes ago, Jools said:

You obviously missed all the violent Antifa/BLM rioting in mainly Democrat run citiesĀ the last few months.

The risk of trouble is always instigated by the Left.

Yeah because there's never any violence at an EDL march.Ā 

13 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Yeah because there's never any violence at an EDL march.Ā 

When the heck was the last one of them and what does the EDL have to do with Trumpski and the States?