Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Royal Baby boy to start his life in Norfolk

I hope not.

I won''t comment further as it will incite the same old tired debates about the monarchy. Suffice to say I favour a republic.

Just as well then as I am a Royalist. I must admit that the media coverage leading up to the birth has been ridiculous, but then 24 news channel''s have been a blight on all our lives I feel.

Anyhow, don''t want this thread to be an argument about the monarchy do we.

[quote user="kick it off"]I hope not.

I won''t comment further as it will incite the same old tired debates about the monarchy. Suffice to say I favour a republic.[/quote]

You do realise what you did there?

[quote user="Brightside"]He''ll be a Villa fan like his old man.[/quote]

I thought Harry was an gooner

[quote user="kick it off"]I hope not.

I won''t comment further as it will incite the same old tired debates about the monarchy. Suffice to say I favour a republic.[/quote]You''d better not or you''ll come across as a left-wing bigot.....

Odd comment Paul!

Myself I am not a royalist per se, but rather them than a politico/bureaucrat in charge.

Going to be shit radio today though.

[quote user="Herman "]Odd comment Paul!

Myself I am not a royalist per se, but rather them than a politico/bureaucrat in charge.

Going to be shit radio today though.[/quote]Fair dos Herman, I''m also a royalist as they earn a lot more for the country than they cost via goodwill, respect, tourism, trade etc and they are an apolitical figurehead which ironically should unite everybody behind them. Thus I believe those that are intolerant of them are bigots.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]He therefore should be a Norwich fan[/quote]

I thought the family supported SV Hamburg.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Shame he will never see the throne.[/quote]That''s a very strange comment. Please do explain, because unless he dies pematurely, I''m absolutely sure that he will unless of course we become an islamic state run by an Ayatollah, which is a strong possibility based on the fast moving demographics IMO.

Maybe not (quite) an Islamic Republic but in 40 to 50 years time I''m sure the percentage of voters strongly opposed to having a CofE Head of State will be enough to see the end of the Monarchy.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Shame he will never see the throne.[/quote]That''s a very strange comment. Please do explain, because unless he dies pematurely, I''m absolutely sure that he will unless of course we become an islamic state run by an Ayatollah, which is a strong possibility based on the fast moving demographics IMO. [/quote]

Not wanting to ruin your narrow minded, bigoted delusion, but 2001 Census recorded 2.7% of the population as Muslim.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Maybe not (quite) an Islamic Republic but in 40 to 50 years time I''m sure the percentage of voters strongly opposed to having a CofE Head of State will be enough to see the end of the Monarchy.[/quote]I disagree there as I''m not very religious anyway although open-minded just in case I have to meet my maker, plus I believe as more and more people get good educations they will realise that the odds are on evolution rather than God and creationism. I think that in time belief in the CofE etc is more likely to disappear than the Monarchy but it may take millenia to educate and eradicate dangerous ancient mysticism/beliefs etc that pit one faction against another.   

[quote user="Double Dutch"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Shame he will never see the throne.[/quote]That''s a very strange comment. Please do explain, because unless he dies pematurely, I''m absolutely sure that he will unless of course we become an islamic state run by an Ayatollah, which is a strong possibility based on the fast moving demographics IMO. [/quote]

Not wanting to ruin your narrow minded, bigoted delusion, but 2001 Census recorded 2.7% of the population as Muslim.[/quote]Indeed, but 2.7% from zero in how many years ? The growth is exponential due to unfettered immigration, massive birthrate differentials (3.5 kids per muslim family but 1 per other families and of course a muslim can have four wives so 4 times 3.5 = 14 kids per husband in extreme cases, and mostly paid for by the taxpayer.... check the unemployment stats for muslim men and women). Draw a graph and you will see that we will see over 50% of the population muslim within 50 years at current rate of growth. If you believe it is bigoted to not want to live in England with over 50% muslims and not want to live under sharia law and potentially suffer irrational civil wars between Sunnis and other muslims then yes I am a bigot.

Must have missed something in the news, thought that Kate was going to her parents in Bucklebury, Berkshire for a few weeks.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Must have missed something in the news, thought that Kate was going to her parents in Bucklebury, Berkshire for a few weeks.[/quote]Indeed, they must have changed their minds as I remember reading exactly that too.

Paul Moy wrote - "Indeed, but 2.7% from zero in how many years ? The growth is exponential due to unfettered immigration, massive birthrate differentials (3.5 kids per muslim family but 1 per other families and of course a muslim can have four wives so 4 times 3.5 = 14 kids per husband in extreme cases, and mostly paid for by the taxpayer.... check the unemployment stats for muslim men and women). Draw a graph and you will see that we will see over 50% of the population muslim within 50 years at current rate of growth. If you believe it is bigoted to not want to live in England with over 50% muslims and not want to live under sharia law and potentially suffer irrational civil wars between Sunnis and other muslims then yes I am a bigot."

4.8% Muslim in 2011. Given that the Muslim birth rate and spousal immigration (as well as other immigration and conversion) is not going to slow down anytime soon all factors indicate that by 2061 Muslims will number over 50% of this country''s population. Obviously a lot can happen in that time to change things but with Cameron and his cronies pushing for Turkey''s entry to the EU and creating more Islamic refugees via his foreign policy I can only see the growth speeding up, not slowing down.

That didn''t take long.......

There must be a law, a la Godwin''s, where a thread, no matter the subject, gets twisted to end up about immigration/Muslims.

Maybe the Grey-Moy law?!

[quote user="Herman "]That didn''t take long.......

There must be a law, a la Godwin''s, where a thread, no matter the subject, gets twisted to end up about immigration/Muslims.

Maybe the Grey-Moy law?![/quote]It''s a debate that is very relevant, needs to be had and is costing major parties many votes for good reason. It could eventually end up with the end of proper democracy and the Monarchy. No apologies from me.

We are all the children of migrants

Bearing in mind the number of Muslims. Who have fought and died for this country, I don''t think wanting to live here is asking too much.

Being born Muslim does not mean you practice the faith.

Nor has there been any indication from the British Muslim Community that they wish to see Sharia law invoked.

The suggestion that Muslims uniformly have more than 1 wife is right wing garbage. I grew up near Southall, and many friends then and since have been Muslim. They, and their fathers, have just the one wife

I know you might be shocked, but, they can easily pass themselves off as human. They live in houses, wear clothes are everything.

They even marry for love (unlike the Royal Family)

paul moy wrote the following post at 23/07/2013 11:42 AM:

"... Draw a graph and you will see that we will see over 50% of the population muslim within 50 years at current rate of growth...."An infantile abuse of stastistics and scaremongering rubbish. The  " current rate " of anything cannot be extrapolated 50 years into the future. A trend is simply a movement in a particular direction ....trends are not constant , continous and unvarying . All trends level off in time. Here are some facts from proper experts using proper scientific methods.....unlike your own back of a beer mat doodles.http://www.pewforum.org/The-Future-of-the-Global-Muslim-Population.aspxBy 2030, Muslims are expected to make up 8.2% of the UK''s population, up from 4.6% in 2010.  According to your absurd use of statistics presumbably the rest of the UK  population in 50 years time will be made up of  Jedi Knights , a religion which according to census returns vastly exeeds Muslims in current growth rate.

Paul Moy''s "trend" has been a constant for the last 50 years and there is nothing to indicate it will change in the foreseeable future.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Paul Moy''s "trend" has been a constant for the last 50 years and there is nothing to indicate it will change in the foreseeable future.[/quote]So you didn''t bother to read the report then , it has not been " constant " and there are good reasons it will not be " constant " in the future. Still what can you expect from someone who has naned himself after a Nazi sympathiser.