Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Scott Walker is in a similar vein.

Green Gartside is one voice I have never had a fondness for. Liked and respected by many people whose musical opinions I usually agree with, but not on this occasion.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Scott Walker is in a similar vein.

Green Gartside is one voice I have never had a fondness for. Liked and respected by many people whose musical opinions I usually agree with, but not on this occasion.

I haven’t got a problem with either of those 😁. Green Gartsides voice certainly doesn’t seem to go with how he looks though. Apologies Herman but it gives me the excuse to play this

• Like 1

I like Scott Walker (having been very late to his work) but I do love a bit of Scritti too. My favourite here (and Herman you'll at least enjoy the Miles Davis solo - done in one take)

• Like 1

Not listening.🙉😀

Don't get me wrong, I like some of Scott's output, but there's a few out there moments which are outside my taste.

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not listening.🙉😀

Don't get me wrong, I like some of Scott's output, but there's a few out there moments which are outside my taste.

Try listening to Farmer in the City once all the way through and then see if it doesn't keep appearing in your dreams 🙂

• Like 1

Lush and odd in equal measures. I have to find out what 21 means.😀

Another guy that is good but I can get why people are not overly enthusiastic about. This is one of his more stranger "songs".

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

Lush and odd in equal measures. I have to find out what 21 means.😀

Another guy that is good but I can get why people are not overly enthusiastic about. This is one of his more stranger "songs".

Indeed. If you do google it there is a very interesting back story which really makes you appreciate the lyrics and the sheer mood he manages to create - and the emotion connected to the story!

I will watch this one later but it looks already before I click 'play' like the start of a horror movie from about 1979!

Tom waits cover of somewhere from west side story is amazing and well worth checking out. I'd find a link but I'm too busy watching star wars. If I started looking on YouTube now you'd get about 20 of John William's greatest hits!

Liked that selection KeelansG. Amazing that Rundgren wrote that in half an hour in what he called a 'Tin Pan Alley' way and this little song remains his best charted song! 

You'll have heard Rumer too in Darryl's House doing Sarah Smile? Great version and lovely voice.

And @Ron I just loved Mark Hollis' voice. There's nothing like it for such emotion.... sort of rings out of him

Justin sounds like he has some new teeth bedding in. Seasonal song here