Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

It's been on before but hearing it on radio today reminded me how good this piece is.

• Like 1

Latest listening for me this week. Psychedelic / indie from newish Liverpool band. Selection here.

I love the brief guitar 'solo' at about 2.10 on first song, esp good with headphones.

• Like 2

They come and they go. Liked that, especially the first song, but having looked them up, it looks like the singer has packed it in.🙁

Anyway, something mellow for sunday morning.

• Like 1

One of those felt like a Sunday night listen and the other for a Sunday morning (in that order)... (Or maybe both after a nice win north of London 😏). 

Yes, The Vryll Society singer split away just after their only album was released (that third track was from it). The usual 'musical differences' being cited for the reason. The remaining band continues so wil be interesting to follow because the singer certainly brought an individual sound.

Grandson delighted. Boardmasters is back on this year. That means Nanny and Grandad can courier food, clothes and drink in every day.

Edited by keelansgrandad

One of my favourite songs and you worry when someone covers it, but I think these guys do it justice.

This band are getting a good bit of airplay.Different vocal style but it works imo.👍

• Like 1

This is a mix reminiscent of listening to Radio Luxembourg on a sh1tty radio late in the evening as a youngster (with the signal moving in and out annoyingly). A snapshot of remembered songs that have stayed with me weirdly. Lots of influences in there. At least I never grew up smoking Peter Stuyvesant cigarettes!

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Herman said:

Thought I recognised that. Got the Stanley Clarke version.👍

Got to be one of my favourite bass lines. Pastorius is most peoples darling but its Stanley for me

I know there are a few people who listen to classical stuff. The last two weeks have been great with Composer of the Week being Ruth Gipps last week and Maurice Ravel this week. So difficult to pick selections but two of each here. The Gipps Jane Grey piece is beyond beautiful for me.

• Like 1

Thanks Sonyc.👍 I caught bits of both during bouts of channel hopping but missed a lot.Hearing Ravel's WW1 experience was interesting,the eagerness to join in and help, and echoed a lot of men at the time.

• Thanks 1

Came across this woman (French Swiss) by chance and like her voice and guitar work.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

A good morning on radio today. 2 from 6music celebrating piano day (the Sakata calms down a lot after a hefty start) and a bit from 3 of a piece I hadn't heard before by Glass.

Enjoyed those @Herman.....that second track just confirms for me how the piano can express so many emotions (like no other instrument perhaps?). Perhaps it's the sheer the combinations of notes possible right in front of you (more accessible in other words? I don't know).

Still, I love the piano as is probably evident from the selections I add here from time to time. 

The Glass one sounded like a Steve Reich track.

• Like 1

What a haunting video and song that Sundfor piece is.

Had a music tv friday night. The Doors classic album and Christine McVie documentary.👍