Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

For @How I Wrote Elastic Man. I heard Marc Riley talking about this today. Thought you might like it, if you hadn't heard about it already.

"It was a memorable night. I don't remember any of it." Marc Riley.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-fall-st-helens-live-album-1111067/

I hadn't heard about this. There have been many Fall live albums issued over the years. Often the official issue is taken from a bootleg 

I've got something like 600 Fall live gigs on bootleg, plus all the official releases. I might have this already, but if it is getting an official release then I will probably get that too 😃

• Like 2

Don't normally listen to this sort of thing but there's something about Boston that I like ( long intro)

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 17:49, Nuff Said said:

Sh*ttyflute! I love Sh*tyyflute! I literally sent this to a friend yesterday:

When I posted this, I thought it didn't sound as I remembered it, and through the magic of YouTube recommendations, I've realised why. Lest we forget 😂😂😂😂😂😂:

• Haha 1

I keep hearing this at the moment. Rather lush and also a nice piece from an unusual source. (It may have been on here before.)

30 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

More from the Chap Hop genre 

"Talk of murder, that's so tawdry
I have a crime record like Charles Hawtrey
A good Duncan Fearnley is the tool
My dear boy, you bowl like a fool
I'll take you to The Oval maybe
I've a seat in the box daily

Or weekly, monthly, yearly
I'm on hand to observe Mike Brearley"

A new genre for me 😀

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

Rather nice to hear this on 6music today. Top noodling from Frank.

Almost classical in parts ...in structure as well as melody. Never boring.

• Like 1

Nice to be able to drift off to something like this in the afternoon. And as someone said on his show, it sounds like Prince was influenced by stuff like this. Anyway, 6music needs to be playing more stuff like this.👍

Came across this woman composer by chance. Incredible that she is so unknown comparatively. She was working right up to her death at the age of 91. Two pieces here for anyone wanting a new classical interest to listen to.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Its not music I have been listening to (well not all of the time) but the digital remastering of the original Journey Into Space on R4 Extra. I first listened to it in 1953 and it is good to hear people like David Jacobs, David Kossoff and others again. Our wireless was hired from Radio Rentals that consisted of a box on the wall that you had the choice of about two stations on. Those were the days.😀

36 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Its not music I have been listening to (well not all of the time) but the digital remastering of the original Journey Into Space on R4 Extra. I first listened to it in 1953 and it is good to hear people like David Jacobs, David Kossoff and others again. Our wireless was hired from Radio Rentals that consisted of a box on the wall that you had the choice of about two stations on. Those were the days.😀

Two stations!!! You were lucky... We had to strap Grandma to the chimney holding up a garden fork for 17 hours just to have a faint hope of picking up the national anthem in time for bed.

Edited by horsefly

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Two stations!!! You were lucky...

The days when you would turn on the radio and wait for the valve to warm up 😁

22 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The days when you would turn on the radio and wait for the valve to warm up 😁

When I first started to listen to the wireless we had an acid filled accumlator to run the thing. One of us had to take it to an electrical shop in town called Bensleys to get it charged at the princely sum of sixpence a time. God help us if it ran out before the old man could hear the football results on a saturday. I can remember him with his lug to the speaker trying to hear them. Me and my brothers had probably run it down listening to Riders Of the Range or d.ick Barton.🤣

Edited by SHRIMPER
  • Like 1