Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Little Hitlers’ is a great song 

Yes it's the last track on the "Baby, the stars shine...." album. Very good. I think I have about 4 maybe 5 LPs as well as a couple of them as solo artists. You get a very consistent quality I'm song writing. I like their "Only living boy in New York" cover.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Saw Cliff Bennet and the Rebel Rousers several times at the Grosvenor, Prince of Wales Road, in the 1960's

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Saw Cliff Bennet and the Rebel Rousers several times at the Grosvenor, Prince of Wales Road, in the 1960's

I saw Cliff as well and then later at the Gala as the singer for Toefat. Great voice.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I saw Cliff as well and then later at the Gala as the singer for Toefat. Great voice.

Yes, the Gala used to be the Friday night spot. Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages was a great night.👍

The Grosvenor had some good bands, Johnny Kidd and the Pirates, Grant Tracey and the Sunsets, Georgie Fame and the Blue flames, Chris Farlowe and the Thunderbirds and many many more.

Often backed by those local greats, Milton and the Continentals.

Edited by ricardo

49 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, the Gala used to be the Friday night spot. Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages was a great night.👍

The Grosvenor had some good bands, Johnny Kidd and the Pirates, Grant Tracey and the Sunsets, Georgie Fame and the Blue flames, Chris Farlowe and the Thunderbirds and many many more.

Often backed by those local greats, Milton and the Continentals.

Don't forget Duke D'Mond and the Barron Knights. Johnny Kidd was another great singer. Not a patch on Chris Farlowe though😂

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't forget Duke D'Mond and the Barron Knights. Johnny Kidd was another great singer. Not a patch on Chris Farlowe though😂

The Barron knights were fairly regular at the Grosvenor, some great cover versions of Four Seasons numbers. Farlowe certainly had a very unique voice. Geno Washington is another one who comes to mind.

I have never been a fan of Fleetwood Mac, but this one has just been on

If I had hair, that bit from around 2.50 onwards would make it stand up on end

You know what bit I'm talking about 🙂

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
  • Like 1

Tonight I have been revisiting and listening to ‘The Lords of the New Church’ - what a band... saw them a couple of times including at the Gala Ballroom....

(I’d add a link but I’m technologically illiterate!)

1 hour ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Tonight I have been revisiting and listening to ‘The Lords of the New Church’ - what a band... saw them a couple of times including at the Gala Ballroom....

(I’d add a link but I’m technologically illiterate!)

Heard this this morning. Rather gorgeous sound from a strange looking instrument. There is a hint of a modern rock song in it. Took me ages to figure out what it is.