Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think it was probably the original Kings Singers. This bunch look a bit too young. And I doubt the originals would have heard of Imogen Heap let alone sung one of her songs.

This is probably where I own up and say I haven’t actually looked at the video yet ! 😁

On 18/11/2020 at 11:44, Nuff Said said:

Iggy Pop has played Parquet Courts a few times on 6 Music, I like what I've heard.

His show is well worth a listen, I don't think I've ever heard a wider spectrum of music in one show,  plus he obviously loves what he plays. He will occasionally join in or whoop along with stuff, which might normally be irritating but works just because he so obviously is enjoying the music.

I managed to listen to an hour or so on Sounds this afternoon.

A) If he gets anymore laid back he'll be comatose.😀

B) Other than the Flaming Lips' new song (which is great) I hadn't heard any of the other songs before. A complete mixed bag of musical styles and I can't say I disliked any of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

My second gig was The Stranglers at Hemel Pavillion in 1982-just after this album was released. I've seen them a few times since-though only once more with Hugh in the band. Always a good gig and JJ is unreal-I don't know how he keeps himself so fit.

I played a few gigs in a Stranglers covers band before our guitarist left to join the best Stranglers covers band around, Straighten Out (formerly Four More Heroes). You will be able to see them in Great Yarmouth next |March if Yarmegeddon goes ahead. Well worth catching them.

Straighten Out (Stranglers tribute band) - Walk On By at The RoadHouse, Birmingham 06/09/14 - YouTube

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

My second gig was The Stranglers at Hemel Pavillion in 1982-just after this album was released. I've seen them a few times since-though only once more with Hugh in the band. Always a good gig and JJ is unreal-I don't know how he keeps himself so fit.

I played a few gigs in a Stranglers covers band before our guitarist left to join the best Stranglers covers band around, Straighten Out (formerly Four More Heroes). You will be able to see them in Great Yarmouth next |March if Yarmegeddon goes ahead. Well worth catching them.

Straighten Out (Stranglers tribute band) - Walk On By at The RoadHouse, Birmingham 06/09/14 - YouTube

JJ is some sort of martial arts expert 

You have to be very brave and/or stupid to take him on 

• Like 1

And a final political theme share (war...).

Sends a shiver for me (and love what I think is a violin in amongst - Celtic influenced). Underrated bloke I think?

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

All classics for me. I know its early for Christmas but I promise I'll limit it to one Christmas song a week. Probably woth another beans on toast song.

Weezer doing their best beach boys tribute. Need 57 more vocal parts tho!

• Like 1

I need some suggestions for Christmas songs for my Spotify playlist I’m making for work. I obviously have fairytale of New York, found a couple of good ones by Brian Setzer etc but need a few more. All I Want For Christmas by Maria Carey is not an option thanks 😁

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I need some suggestions for Christmas songs for my Spotify playlist I’m making for work. I obviously have fairytale of New York, found a couple of good ones by Brian Setzer etc but need a few more. All I Want For Christmas by Maria Carey is not an option thanks 😁

No xmas for John Quays

I’m out of reactions, thanks them, my workmates will hate me for it so they’re going on my playlist 😁. Love the Sonics track, pure 60’s garage