Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Hanle6 out for six weeks

That''s a bad one but I suppose it''ll be Godfrey''s creal chance. With 10 games between now and the end of October I imagine they''ll both get a decent amount of games though.
Looking forward for seeing Godfrey''s world class potential at CB.

Godfrey for me if its a pair, but could this be the catalyst for a return to a three??

Hanleys form hasnt been great, time for godfrey to seize the day

"could this be the catalyst for a return to a three??"

I''d suggest the opposite- playing 3 at the back would be highly unlikely with only 3 fit central defenders.

Both would be good, feel Zimmerman is best in a back 3

curious - we have 4 right backs already: Pinto, Passlack, Marshall and Aarons. Personally I don''t think Marshall should play at right back, but what do I know...

Need to hope we don''t lose anyone else through suspension or injury with 7 games in the next 3 weeks.

I do wish our players wouldn''t get injured in training. How much training do they need at the moment?

Rules out playing 3 CHs for the foreseable, can''t risk them all being on the pitch at the same time. GH hasn''t looked as solid this season but is our main threat from corners.

If its not a back three then its Godfrey for me, with zimm more uncomfortable in a pair.

An unusual injury and probably underlying his mixed underwhelming start to the season. Fingers crossed he has a speedy recovery and struggles to regain his place.

Massive blow.

I was really optimistic for this season but it is starting to feel like one of them horrible gut feels now.

Let’s hope Godfrey steps up and that we can get going ASAP, I think Farke has a lot of good attributes but he could do with a massive dose of luck for the next few weeks.

Its a blow for Hanley yes, but we have good and adequate cover in centre back area these days. Of more significance though, if you get the likes of Hanley and Thompson out, its eats into the already smallish quota of homegrown players available in the matchday squad. Get many more of those injured and Farke may need to bring in some more youngsters from the U23''s, if only to fill the bench on a matchday.

Hanpey started poorly due to a lack of pre season but against them he was collosal... A major blow as he is far and away our best defender. The season is already shaping up to be one long slog

A shame to see this as he was immense last season. Gives Godfrey a chance to prove his worth, or Zim a way back in. I wonder who will get the nod. Either option is a decent one though in reality.