Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Reading match thread

Will be interesting to see where Cantwell plays. You would assume on the wing as a direct replacement for Hernández but when I watched him against Stevenage in that same position I didn''t think he played well at all. He''s more of an attacking midfielder than a winger isn''t he? Good to see him get a chance though - hope he takes it.

OTBC

Cantwell looked a bit raw last time I saw him Hopefully he makes the same progress as Lewis and Aarons.

He seemed to use Cantwell out wide in pre season- I think Farke likes his wide players to be a bit narrow and let the fullbacks provide more width.

Good point Ron. However, Marco was very good against Boro in the middle and I wouldn''t want us to lose that drive and strength he gave us in the position. An interesting problem! Wherever he plays, I just hope Tom has a good game and we continue the style of play we delivered on Saturday.

OTBC

[quote user="Disco Dales Jockstrap"]Will be interesting to see where Cantwell plays. You would assume on the wing as a direct replacement for Hernández but when I watched him against Stevenage in that same position I didn''t think he played well at all. He''s more of an attacking midfielder than a winger isn''t he? Good to see him get a chance though - hope he takes it.

OTBC[/quote]
He didn''t play badly against Stevenage imo, he just played carefully. Although he didn''t create much, he always looked after the ball and looked tidy with it.  When he did lose the ball on a couple of occasions, he worked very hard to win it back.  Probably will grow in confidence and be more expressive in his play the more he is given the chance to play in the team.

[quote user="king canary"]He seemed to use Cantwell out wide in pre season- I think Farke likes his wide players to be a bit narrow and let the fullbacks provide more width.[/quote]

A big part of Farke''s strategy is based on getting overloads in the midfield using the fullbacks so you are spot on.

lake district canary

We''ll have to agree to disagree on that one. He lost the ball a tad more than twice...

Still very young and I''m not sure that''s his best position so no massive criticism, I just didn''t think he played well.

OTBC

Pukki is a proper work horse type- real pain in the arse for defenders.

Like Buendia and his willingness to turn and carry the ball forward.

We look to have their measure but it has become a bit scrappy since the goal. Both CB''s not having so much time anymore. Got to concentrate.

Very encouraging