Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Reading match thread

Tettey got skinned by Swift''s lightning pace,

Lets not underestimate Swifts ability. In the second half, he looked the best player on the pitch and he looks like he should be playing for a better team.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Also noteworthy that in the last two games we’ve ditched the zonal marking nonsense and we look a lot more solid defending set peices, even if Reading did score from one in the end.[/quote]
I''ve watched that goal a few times and all I can say is sometimes dumb luck plays it''s part.
Really happy with the result, as I''m off to QPR on Saturday and really want to see us win!

[quote user="Ben"]
I wouldn''t say brave. Aaron excelled in both the binner and Boro games, and team selection is often who best fits the opposition
Bit of an empty old ground tonight.
Been there a few times and it is as god foresaken part of town, more so if you are using the train.
makes you appreciate what is being achieved at CR with the numbers who still turn up.
ps you weren''t that bloke with the yellow and green afro and a green parrot hand puppet were you ?
[/quote]
Football is all about different opinions and it''s not surprising yours differs from mine.
No, I was not that guy, I prefer a more ''down to earth style'' of just Yellow and Green 

Ah good old Elm Park. Now that was a proper ground - open air terraces etc. For most of their existence Reading have bounced between the old Div 3 / 4, so yes they have been punching well above their historical weight. I went to see them quite a few times in the late 70''s early 80''s when Kerry Dixon was their standout player. They are the "Royals" because it''s Royal Berkshire. The last team to play them at Elm Park was - Norwich in 1998. Almost went out of business via merger with Oxford in 1982, a stupid idea by Robert Maxwell based on a new stadium at Didcot - it''d be like merging Ipswich and Colchester and playing at Manningtree - oh hang on a minute ... Mr. Evans?