Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Goalkeeper

Well my mates that support Newcastle don''t think he "fell out of favour" more he got injured and got unlucky with it all.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]I am struggling to enthuse over this signing.

He fell out of favour with the Newcastle faithful because he started shipping 2 or 3 goals a game. Not sure how this relates to his ankle injury, or which one, he does seem prone them if wiki is to be believed. He continued shipping goals at a similar rate during his spell in Holland.

Has then spent a year sitting on the bench at Brighton.

On the plus side it would seem he turned Brighton down re a new contract. So perhaps he is hungry to get back to first team football. Hopefully this may yet prove a gem of a signing, but it is one where we need the need evidence of our own eyes on the pitch.

Seriously hoping my lack of enthusiasm will have been totally misplaced.

OTBC[/quote]

I think that, and I maybe wrong, he started shipping goals when Newcastle became crap. No keeper in the world can save an awful starting 10 outfield players...

As to the other folks that are complaining... what planet are you on? We’re Championship now, accept it! Get behind the man!

Alex,

He jointly holds the record for most saves in a premier league match - 14 whilst at Newcastle. You do not get that kind of record behind a solid defence. It may also be down to injury, or combination of the two.

My concern is that it continued at Alkmaar. So, at least initially, I am not getting over enthused.

But I will always get behind anybody that pulls on the shirt and really hope he comes good again with us.

OTBC

"We’re Championship now, accept it! Get behind the man!"

People are allowed to be skeptical or even negative about new signings on a message board. It doesn''t mean they won''t be supporting that player in the stadium on game day does it?

How anyone can profess to know if Krul is a good keeper or not is beyond me. He had a career changing injury in 2015 and has played 20 first team games since then. He only played two times for Brighton’s U23 team also.

He was a great keeper, I’d say no one knows if he still is.

I''ve seen someone on twitter describe him as ''world class'' which may be one of he most OTT statements I''ve ever seen.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]How anyone can profess to know if Krul is a good keeper or not is beyond me. He had a career changing injury in 2015 and has played 20 first team games since then. He only played two times for Brighton’s U23 team also.

He was a great keeper, I’d say no one knows if he still is.[/quote]
Of all our signings this season this is the only one I have a doubt about. It is the most crucial position. It seems clear he has been signed because Mathews is deemed not good enough. If Krul is not the keeper he was then that is potentially a serious problem.

These highlights of Krul in the Europa League certainly don’t fill me with promise. Hopefully this was just him blowing off the dust and he has improved somewhat since then.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pGpVuyeOSP4