Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

City & 1p5wich To Issue Bans For Offensive Abuse On Social Media.

I support it in principle but there needs to be some guidelines to what warrants ''grossly abusive.'' People often think it is common sense but ask 10 people I reckon you''d get 5 or 6 different answers.

Well it wont be a problem for Ipswich fans. Most of them still live in the 70s and 80s when social media didnt exist.

It is outrageous that anything abusive should be posted about the local businesses and charities short changing blue filth scummy binmen. 🙂

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]What a load of bollocks.

How exactly are they going to enforce that?[/quote]yes, it''s not as if there was any way of tracking down those who are posting stuff, is therein reality this has been long overdue - and I would suggest that it is aimed at those trying to organise violence a few games back the police removed town fans from the train up here and similarly a car load were sent backsadly the usual suspects start to over excite themselves imagining that posting ''boo'' to the other team will mean a life time ban, it won''tbut it may allow the police to not only charge but ban those who imagine they can post inflammatory, threatening and violent posts images with no comeback" ban ''em Danno, ban ''em "

It''s common sense, isn''t it? If you started shouting grossly offensive stuff inside the stadium you''d expect to be chucked out, wouldn''t you? I''m not talking about calling someone an effing cee, I''m talking about the kind of stuff mentioned in the article – stuff about Bobby Robson and Justin Fashanu, or the kind of imbeciles who think it''s okay to remind Billy Sharp about his dead son.If it helps to rid of the tiny minority of ''fans'' who will spout vile abuse and think they can use the internet as a shield to do so with impunity, all the better. They''re not the kind of people we want in our stadium anyway.

Does this means we can''t sing the song about buying a grenade for 50p anymore then?

[quote user="Ginja"]Does this means we can''t sing the song about buying a grenade for 50p anymore then?[/quote]oh dear, lets have a look at what has been said"abusive social media users"there''s a clue in the words

Is the next step to stop the City fans singing; ''Shyte on the old Blue & White? Am I now banned for posting this?

Are fans allowed to post: Binner, Binman, Budgie? Are you allowed to refer to Poorman Rd. or that they are raising funds via jumble sales, collections etc. allowed?

If you post about your local refuse technician will you be banned?

If you post about the clubs owners will you be banned?

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Is the next step to stop the City fans singing; ''Shyte on the old Blue & White? Am I now banned for posting this?

Are fans allowed to post: Binner, Binman, Budgie? Are you allowed to refer to Poorman Rd. or that they are raising funds via jumble sales, collections etc. allowed?

If you post about the clubs owners will you be banned?[/quote]

[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Is the next step to stop the City fans singing; ''Shyte on the old Blue & White? Am I now banned for posting this?

If you post about the clubs owners will you be banned?[/quote]

[/quote]Your best post in a long time City1st. We would love to see more of these. [:P]

Having another bad night aren''t we City 1st. Drunk and all over the place as usual.  🤥