Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

£3.5m Academy Fund - who's in?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I think it’s a disgrace.

The normal fan that wanted investment - big investment by rich people - has now been denied the opportunity that they didn’t want to invest.

Now, the normal fan that hankers for super rich investment has had their opportunity to make a few quid off the club usurped by people that are richer than them.

Even though they didn’t want to. After all, we have the eighth most expensive cheapest season tickets in the land.

And that is enough for anyone to put in. Until other people put in and took advantage of a deal that we didn’t want.

I was outraged when the club pleaded poverty and had the brass neck to ask the fans for money when they never accept investment from outside sources. I’m now doubly outraged that there might be outside investment preventing me from investing in something I had no interest in investing in and was hoping fell flat on its arse so I could revel in the obvious impending doom of the club.

Typically, our inept well-meaning amateurs have denied me that chance. Instead, favouring the type of investment that we all know they clearly don’t entertain.

If ever we needed NCISA.[/quote]
[:D][:D]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I think it’s a disgrace.

The normal fan that wanted investment - big investment by rich people - has now been denied the opportunity that they didn’t want to invest.

Now, the normal fan that hankers for super rich investment has had their opportunity to make a few quid off the club usurped by people that are richer than them.

Even though they didn’t want to. After all, we have the eighth most expensive cheapest season tickets in the land.

And that is enough for anyone to put in. Until other people put in and took advantage of a deal that we didn’t want.

I was outraged when the club pleaded poverty and had the brass neck to ask the fans for money when they never accept investment from outside sources. I’m now doubly outraged that there might be outside investment preventing me from investing in something I had no interest in investing in and was hoping fell flat on its arse so I could revel in the obvious impending doom of the club.

Typically, our inept well-meaning amateurs have denied me that chance. Instead, favouring the type of investment that we all know they clearly don’t entertain.

If ever we needed NCISA.[/quote]Great fishing there Duncan but can i just point out that some from NCISA morphed into The Canaries Trust but they do not post on here.

"Great fishing there Duncan but can i just point out that some from NCISA morphed into The Canaries Trust but they do not post on here.''

Where do they post, would be intersting to see what they have to say?

[quote user="king canary"]@Duncan

That is probably the most strawy of strawmen that I''ve ever seen.[/quote]
Not if you carefully read some posters contributions to this thread Kingo[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Did you miss out then Norfolk?

I received no email first. I followed the link and pre-registered. Then I invested my monkey which was all I could afford. Got my confirmation congratulations email today.

Perhaps if you''d done the same you''d be in too. After all you don''t get much more ordinary than a bog cleaner.[/quote]Tifosy sent out an email on Friday to the pre-registered saying demand was very high and urging fans to invest as quickly as possible. In retrospect the email, which might have looked like a bit of exaggerated PR spin, should probably have been more specific, warning that the 5m target might very well be reached reached before the end of the priority period and that the pre-registered should not assume that being so would assure them of a chance to invest.[/quote]

I didn''t know this when I posted that comment but I gather some complaints have certainly since been made to the club about this lack of an explicit warning, including from an Associate Director, who wanted to pledge a few thousand pounds, and from the Canaries Trust, who are not happy about it. Someone else previously mentioned on this thread that the Trust had offered to put together contributions from fans who couldn''t afford the whole 500 minimum. That looked like an excellent idea, and seemingly the Trust was finalising at least one such joint investment when the 5m limit was reached. I know other posters were caught out, but given that it probably took time on the part of the Trust to arrange the various contributions perhaps an exception could have been made, although in that case others might have demanded the same right. Either way, the club has simply passed the complaints on to Tifosy, which I suppose is strictly speaking where they should be dealt with.

That did happen to me. I got the email and just assumed it was spin and salesmanship to try and hurry up people, so put it off for a couple of days, waiting for the next paycheck to go into my account. I did think it would take much longer to raise the cash to be honest so I thought we''d have plenty more time than we actually did. Yes, they should have been a bit more specific but I''m not going to kick off too much as I could have made more of an effort.

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 01/04/2018 12:26 PM:

Van wink wrote:

The club just can’t win.

They can, and have on this one; just never with some people.

Yep, an extremely successful venture and yet we still have the inevitable grumbles.

"Yep, an extremely successful venture and yet we still have the inevitable grumbles."

It will become an extremely successful venture when the bond has run it''s course and all dues are paid in full and the academy has been fully up graded, all of which I anticipate.

Until then it remains a medium risk financial venture for all parties.

@Broadstairs
Issuing a bond and having it fully subscribed is, in itself, a success for the club. It speaks volumes for the confidence people have in the club, and the solidity of the club''s support -- neither of which is truly reflected by the miserabilist grumbling and incessant negativity propagated on here.

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 01/04/2018 1:31 PM:

"Yep, an extremely successful venture and yet we still have the inevitable grumbles."

It will become an extremely successful venture when the bond has run it''s course and all dues are paid in full and the academy has been fully up graded, all of which I anticipate.

Until then it remains a medium risk financial venture for all parties.

Pedantic clap trap

Pretty obviously a sound financial assessment in my book

"Pedantic cap trap."

Is that so?

Yet which your second-hand, unoriginal and meaningless nonsense does nothing to refute.

Do you know anything about bonds?

I do. I have a few of varying degrees of risk.

Investing money via this route always carries a degree of risk

There is hardly such a thing as a risk-free bond ... some more so than others of course.

It would be far too easily acquired money otherwise and we''d all be at it, not just corporate investors who can take some hits.

"@Broadstairs

Issuing a bond and having it fully subscribed is, in itself, a success for the club. It speaks volumes for the confidence people have in the club, and the solidity of the club''s support -- neither of which is truly reflected by the miserabilist grumbling and incessant negativity propagated on here."

I agree with all of that WCC.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Issuing a bond and having it fully subscribed is, in itself, a success for the club. It speaks volumes for the confidence people have in the club, and the solidity of the club''s support -- neither of which is truly reflected by the miserabilist grumbling and incessant negativity propagated on here.[/quote]The negativity and grumbling on here is what keeps the pot bubbling and makes the place interesting Wcc. Can you imagine how boring it would be if we all agreed with each other?

[quote user="Herman"]That did happen to me. I got the email and just assumed it was spin and salesmanship to try and hurry up people, so put it off for a couple of days, waiting for the next paycheck to go into my account. I did think it would take much longer to raise the cash to be honest so I thought we''d have plenty more time than we actually did. Yes, they should have been a bit more specific but I''m not going to kick off too much as I could have made more of an effort.[/quote]Yes happened to me as well - for similar reasons - you get so used to emails saying things are selling fast! Bottom line is though that if there are more people wanting to invest than investment required some people were bound to be disappointed. you couldn''t mess about with some sort of maximum investment for something like this - it needed to be done and sorted! You can''t always make everything perfectly fair.

“Investing money via this route always carries a degree of risk

There is hardly such a thing as a risk-free bond ... some more so than others of course. “

Yes we know all that, no need to spout the bleedin’ obvious.

The point was about this being a successful bond issue from the perspective of the club, nothing to do with individual risk to the investor.

Wake up there’s a good lad👍

"Yes we know all that, no need to spout the bleedin’ obvious.

The point was about this being a successful bond issue from the perspective of the club, nothing to do with individual risk to the investor.

Wake up there’s a good lad"

No it wasn''t as it''s clearly a two way thing and nothing was stated to contradict this.

"A successful bond issue from the perspective of the club" eh?

Now that''s really stating the obvious or "Spouting the bleeding obvious" as you succinctly put it. BUT it has thus been the case only in as far as it sold out.

I maintain my stance that you are a bit clueless about the matter, especially about any risk the issuer takes with concrete promises of rewards.

However, I have better things to do than waste my time teaching you how to suck eggs.

Also, resist the patronising stuff, it becomes you favr less than it would for most on this forum.

Broadstrides

“However, I have better things to do than waste my time teaching you how to suck eggs. “

😂😂😂😂 indeed don’t waste your time teaching me how to suck eggs, try teaching your grandmother.

Could this bond, theoretically, become the straw that breaks the cooks back?

I mean, might it force us into administration and thus be the motivating factor in getting back down the Halls?

How will people who want her out feel if it’s the fans that buy into the club’s ethos that effectively force her out? Presumably they’d still be delighted but they’ll have played NO part in ousting her. I bet that would really grind the gears of some.

Christ, what do they wish for now? Success would see promotion and a bigger pay out for the club, if we remain mid-table mediocre then surely any payout will be harder to fund?

I suppose they might now be hoping for the mediocrity that they’re so against accepting?

This football supporting is well complicated. I’m sure it used to be about enjoying the day and hoping your team won. Now, well, do we want to win and flirt with a promotion to balance the books or do we want to lose to get rid of the pauper pot and pan pedlar? 🤯

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Did you miss out then Norfolk?

I received no email first. I followed the link and pre-registered. Then I invested my monkey which was all I could afford. Got my confirmation congratulations email today.

Perhaps if you''d done the same you''d be in too. After all you don''t get much more ordinary than a bog cleaner.[/quote]Tifosy sent out an email on Friday to the pre-registered saying demand was very high and urging fans to invest as quickly as possible. In retrospect the email, which might have looked like a bit of exaggerated PR spin, should probably have been more specific, warning that the 5m target might very well be reached reached before the end of the priority period and that the pre-registered should not assume that being so would assure them of a chance to invest.[/quote]

I didn''t know this when I posted that comment but I gather some complaints have certainly since been made to the club about this lack of an explicit warning, including from an Associate Director, who wanted to pledge a few thousand pounds, and from the Canaries Trust, who are not happy about it. Someone else previously mentioned on this thread that the Trust had offered to put together contributions from fans who couldn''t afford the whole 500 minimum. That looked like an excellent idea, and seemingly the Trust was finalising at least one such joint investment when the 5m limit was reached. I know other posters were caught out, but given that it probably took time on the part of the Trust to arrange the various contributions perhaps an exception could have been made, although in that case others might have demanded the same right. Either way, the club has simply passed the complaints on to Tifosy, which I suppose is strictly speaking where they should be dealt with.
[/quote]I must say it''s gratifying that my reputation for inside information and factual accuracy (boosted no doubt by my universally admired contributions to the Brexit debate) is so high that even on April 1st this piece of total fiction wasn''t questioned...To be clear, as far as I am aware, no-one has complained to the club about how the bond was handled, and certainly not the Canaries Trust, and no Associate Director missed out.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Could this bond, theoretically, become the straw that breaks the cooks back?

I mean, might it force us into administration and thus be the motivating factor in getting back down the Halls?

How will people who want her out feel if it’s the fans that buy into the club’s ethos that effectively force her out? Presumably they’d still be delighted but they’ll have played NO part in ousting her. I bet that would really grind the gears of some.

Christ, what do they wish for now? Success would see promotion and a bigger pay out for the club, if we remain mid-table mediocre then surely any payout will be harder to fund?

I suppose they might now be hoping for the mediocrity that they’re so against accepting?

This football supporting is well complicated. I’m sure it used to be about enjoying the day and hoping your team won. Now, well, do we want to win and flirt with a promotion to balance the books or do we want to lose to get rid of the pauper pot and pan pedlar? 🤯[/quote]One of the attractions of a bond issue relative to a bank loan is it''s predictability. Bank loans often have inconvenient clauses that allow the bank to withdraw the loan at short notice - this is far more likely to cause problems.

Say it quietly but that 25% bonus could be on. Certainly didn't imagine that to be the case when we invested.

Anyway, who's going to the International Cup shindig tonight?