Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report The AGM 2017

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well would you really want the Youth teams playing Farkes brand of football ?[/quote] "Farke''s brand of football"? Do you seriously believe we''ve seen "Farke''s brand of football"?  The same nonsense was trotted out about "Hughton''s brand of football". As Nutty says, we are four months into the process of fashioning a team able to play a certain style of football consistently and successfully. If you want to catch a glimpse of "Farke''s style of football", watch some videos of Borussia Dortmund under Tuchel. 

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]So it may seem, however, say you had twins that were rapid, could beat players going either way and shoot with either foot, it must be very tempting to play to their strengths and, like, win the Youth Cup rather than try and imitate what the under 23s and first team are doing.

I appreciate that is simplifying things a touch but you can understand the temptation to play to the strengths of the year group rather than trying to indoctrinate a more “disciplined” approach.

Well I can anyway.[/quote] Sorry Duncan, but why assume you wouldn''t win the Youth Cup with a team with "a more disciplined approach"? Germany''s recent success at international level has been built on a nation-wide, never mind club-wide, blueprint. Your dilemma doesn''t seem to have proved a stumbling block there.
Furthermore, if you have a clear vision about the football you want to play, your selection process will target youngsters with the right sort of promise, rather than ending up with a mishmash of individuals of disparate quality. Nor do you serve youngsters well by failing to instil in them the prerequisites for any genuine longer term success. Josh and Jacob would both have been better served by a less indulgent approach to "their strengths" and greater focus on what they were lacking.

Hughton had two years and the biggest budget we''d given any manager so if he didn''t get the team playing his style of football that''s on him.

In this system the long term investment is in Webber not in Farke.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="norfolkngood"]well would you really want the Youth teams playing Farkes brand of football ?[/quote] "Farke''s brand of football"? Do you seriously believe we''ve seen "Farke''s brand of football"?  The same nonsense was trotted out about "Hughton''s brand of football". As Nutty says, we are four months into the process of fashioning a team able to play a certain style of football consistently and successfully. If you want to catch a glimpse of "Farke''s style of football", watch some videos of Borussia Dortmund under Tuchel. [/quote]

Why watch videos of Dortmund under Tuchel? People need to do their research and understand the way it works in Germany is that Dortmund and Dortmund II are totally different entities!

And yes I do know because I lived in Germany for 7 and a half years!

I think you misunderstand me westcoast. I’m not saying that we couldn’t win a Youth Cup with a united approach, just that it must be tempting to play specifically to the talents of the exceptional players of any year group rather than try and imitate the style of the first team.

Long term, I completely agree that having an ethos running throughout the club is likely to be more beneficial to the first team and individuals but that the previous temptation, which did bear fruit, would be to pursue short term success by allowing each year group to play to tactics that are best suited to their individuals. If that makes sense?

I don''t know why we go on about Dortmund. Farke has been in charge of their second team for a year. What has he actually done in Germany in his managerial career answer nothing and we have put this huge leap of faith in him. At least Alex Neil had achieved something at a half decent level. This folly is there for all to see and we are in a tailspin. The players body language speaks volumes

We should move the AGM to a different time in the year, there''s too many Seasonally Affected Disorder sufferers around. It looks like there''s currently a minor outbreak in Taverham.

If you want to catch a glimpse of "Farke''s style of football", watch some videos of Borussia Dortmund under Tuchel.

you mean like Man utd under fergie then the same team under Moyes ?

Tuchel was head coach and a very good one

Farke had no pressure to win games but to prepare players for the first team

thats what they do in German second teams

he was only manager of the second team for 2 years hardly built the Dortmund way did he

also i would point out the time since he arrived why has he not got his message across yet ? i bet big sam will turn Everton around quicker than 4 months !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]If you want to catch a glimpse of "Farke''s style of football", watch some videos of Borussia Dortmund under Tuchel.

you mean like Man utd under fergie then the same team under Moyes ?

Tuchel was head coach and a very good one

Farke had no pressure to win games but to prepare players for the first team

thats what they do in German second teams

he was only manager of the second team for 2 years hardly built the Dortmund way did he

also i would point out the time since he arrived why has he not got his message across yet ? i bet big sam will turn Everton around quicker than 4 months ![/quote]He didn''t at Sunderland (took over in Oct, safety confirmed in May) or Palace (took over in Dec, safety confirmed in May).

I wince at the Sunderland revival under Allardyce - that defeat to them sent us down. Re Everton - I agree, he''ll turn them round quickly as they have better players than Sunderland or Palace had.

On the club having a style running through all the year groups, I can remember watching a young Chelsea side come here - may have been a Youth cup game - in Mourinho''s first spell when he had Makelele and Drogba in the first team. The youth team were set up and played exactly the same way as the first team. If we end up replicating that I can see the benefits for the younger players when they step up to the first team.

My only note of caution on the Dortmund model is that they''re having a poor season so far in the Champions League this year and are sitting 5th in the Bundesliga, which is probably as poor as they''ve been for some time.

[quote user="Woodman"]

My only note of caution on the Dortmund model is that they''re having a poor season so far in the Champions League this year and are sitting 5th in the Bundesliga, which is probably as poor as they''ve been for some time.[/quote]That''s because all the good coaches have left. [:D]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]20 games remaining or thereabouts.[/quote]

Ah that’s when our illustrious owners chose the man from the Phone Company to takeover isn’t it?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Woodman"]

My only note of caution on the Dortmund model is that they''re having a poor season so far in the Champions League this year and are sitting 5th in the Bundesliga, which is probably as poor as they''ve been for some time.[/quote]That''s because all the good coaches have left. [:D] [/quote]

They got rid of the excellent Tuchel at the end of last season, not for any lack of success (they had a great season) but because there was a falling out over the club''s actions following the bomb attack on their team bus. 
Farke himself said that the football he aspires to is "more Tuchel than Klopp", hence my suggestion that watching videos of Tuchel''s Dortmund is a safer guide to "Farke''s brand of football" rather than current City performances -- just as the way Brighton are playing, and the way Newcastle and Birmingham played, under Hughton, is a more reliable indicator of "Hughton''s brand of football" than how City played before he was sacked.