Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report The AGM 2017

I think it would be true to say that Steve Stone and Stuart Webber have the same roles as McNally and his football board combined.

With regard to tactics, Farke made it as plain as he could that when appointed the defence was the area that needed most focus, scoring goals seemingly wasn’t an issue. He feels that the defence has been improved but is painfully aware that we’re falling short at the opposite end.

He said that is something that they’re working hard to rectify, he’s looking forward to Oliveira being fully fit, the return of Pritchard and that we should remember that Josh is being asked to play in a different way.

He acknowledged that improving defence is easier than improving attacking prowess but seemed to feel that he had the personnel to do the business.

Yes I think that''s true. McNally would not have been involved in scouting and identifying players in the same way Webber is, while Webber won''t be working on the commercial side.

[quote user="hogesar"]So far Westcoast every report i''ve read from fans is generally
"Yeah, there were some questions on tactics formations and philosophies but generally Farke answered by rambling on about something completely different"
[/quote][Y] hoggy. Communication failure isn''t necessarily the fault of the speaker ............ [;)]

@westcoast

The general reaction from all those there was that his answers didn''t seem great. The phrase ''lost in translation'' came up a fair bit.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]With regard to tactics, Farke made it as plain as he could that when appointed the defence was the area that needed most focus, scoring goals seemingly wasn’t an issue. He feels that the defence has been improved but is painfully aware that we’re falling short at the opposite end.

He said that is something that they’re working hard to rectify, he’s looking forward to Oliveira being fully fit, the return of Pritchard and that we should remember that Josh is being asked to play in a different way.

He acknowledged that improving defence is easier than improving attacking prowess but seemed to feel that he had the personnel to do the business.[/quote] Thanks Duncan. Nothing on sticking to his principles and the stylistic blueprint then?

He was asked about getting more bodies in the box and he replied about the need for players to make deep runs.
Just wouldn''t answer a question..........
[;)]

King canary wrote the following post at 2017-11-30 10:10 PM:

Yes I think that''s true. McNally would not have been involved in scouting and identifying players in the same way Webber is, while Webber won''t be working on the commercial side.

Are you trying to tell me that Webber is involved in scouting players after making the changes he has. In case you missed it, he did away with Alex Neils scouting regime completely within days f taking up his post, and brought in his own team! And you don’t think he works on the commercial side in conjunction with Stone? So how does he know we don’t have the funds for January. Because Stone tells him?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]He was asked about getting more bodies in the box and he replied about the need for players to make deep runs.
Just wouldn''t answer a question..........
[;)] [:D]
[/quote]

If we have a 7 million overdraft how are we going to pay it without selling players ?

Also if we do not sell players and keep the 7 million overdraft that will then become 14 million the year after ? ( approx )

so in other words without any sky money we are running at a loss of 7 million a year with the wages as they are ??

So Farke’s answers got “lost in translation?” Maybe there’s the answer to why it would appear that the players don’t know exactly what to do, that Farke’s tactics are getting lost in translation!

It would certainly explain why his interviews to the media can appear rather strange most of the time

Westcoast, that was covered in as much as he was aware he was asking players to play differently and that he wouldn’t be resorting to knocking it long to the likes of Murphy and Wes(?!) because they won’t win the headers.

In truth, it was probably more comprehensively covered in an answer Balls gave; he had explained that the board had been keen to make the structure changes sooner than they had but were presumably hamstrung by Alex Neil not fitting the mould. In their defence, he had got us out of the division before and so they probably felt he had every chance of doing so again. I digress; Ed Balls went on to say that there was now a clear methodology throughout the club from kids to first team, thebidea presumably being that they’re always ready for the next level and if asked to step in won’t be playing in an alien system or methodology. So, with that in place, it seems unlikely that there is any plan to change things up massively. Though I suppose whatever DF decides to do then filters down through the tiers. Or tears.

Ed Balls went on to say that there was now a clear methodology throughout the club from kids to first team, the idea presumably being that they’re always ready for the next level

this really should have been done years ago it really is basic stuff for a club to play to the same tactics throughout so players are used to the way the club plays

So it may seem, however, say you had twins that were rapid, could beat players going either way and shoot with either foot, it must be very tempting to play to their strengths and, like, win the Youth Cup rather than try and imitate what the under 23s and first team are doing.

I appreciate that is simplifying things a touch but you can understand the temptation to play to the strengths of the year group rather than trying to indoctrinate a more “disciplined” approach.

Well I can anyway.

yes i agree to a point Duncan and that is also important that teams learn to adapt

what is also important is if the Head coach as a tactic which is not working why make all the other teams that way ?

it is the German Barcelona way to teach teams but you have to adapt as well but i honestly thought we used the same sort of tactic through the club

But it''s not news is it. That''s the thing with AGMs, they''re retrospective. They didn''t make all those changes in the academy because they didn''t like people or as some sort of punishment. To get that continuity you have to have like minded people. Some of those coaches had probably been there through four different first team managers.

i agree with you Nutty now i have read the last couple of posts but it is only good if it is a success you might be coaching them the wrong style if it is not working at first team level

but to answer your question

success for me is winning first

then if we can win with style playing good entertaining football

then if possible bring players through the academy

i would say a team to mirror would be someone like southampton youth set up

they sell players but always produce others

buying players and improving them

maybe not having a mega rich owner but making more money as a club by buying using then selling players for profit

if we did that then i would say it was a roaring success

I know people think everyone at Carrow Road is up the pole but I can''t believe anyone could believe what we have achieved in four months is the finished article.

Westie will want to rehouse me but I''ve got more reason to moan than most because I enjoyed the football under the previous two managers. However I''m still patient.

oh i agree Nutty on the youth side its far easier said and done and every club wishes that also

i do not like the way the Flair has been knocked out the team and how they look like they are not playing fluid football

that to me is down to Farke & Webber

I also think if they were as good as what some say they would have addressed the tactics far quicker than what they are at the moment it is not working 20k people can see that is not how you win championship games yet these two are sticking to their tactics / beliefs so only time will tell on that one

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Webber... footballs equivalent of Eddie Hearn. Or at least he likes to think he is...

He does share similar morals though, by making out he has good intentions for the club and fans... but ultimately just wants to use players and fans to make money.

Make no mistake, regardless of status. we will always buy to sell with Webber in charge. He is more motivated by buying a player for x amount and selling for three times as much than delivering a long term squad capable of promotion.

Lambert and Mcnally were the complete opposite. Don''t get attached to players too much... can''t see many staying longer than 18 months with Webber.[/quote]Have you only just realised that football is a business, not a sport?If you have a problem with that then I suggest you take it up with the Premier League and Sky, instead of complainig about people who are still trying to run a football club rather than a money laundering operation.

So do you suggest we tear it up and start again. Bearing in mind what we are watching is clearly not what they are working towards. Webber said it was simply not good enough and Farke said he wanted more attacking play with players making deeper more penetrating attacking runs.

I would guess if the players can''t adapt its they that will be replaced.

Another point Webber made that I heard Chris Hughton make before was that fans getting the opportunities to ask these questions is unusual. But this has always been the policy under the current ownership.

The off field problems have been well documented, with surely even the most die hard Delia fans realising that the club hasn''t really progressed in the way that was originally envisaged when she took over.But am I alone in thinking that under the circumstances we''re actually doing quite well on the field? Overall I''m quite enjoying the football that''s being played.

4 2 the floor I couldn''t agree more all those side ways passes and lack of shots on goal I couldn''t be happier 🤥

[quote user="Jim the canary"]4 2 the floor I couldn''t agree more all those side ways passes and lack of shots on goal I couldn''t be happier 🤥[/quote]It''s a different tune, so takes a bit of getting used to.

The away form has kept us afloat until recently. The home form in terms of being effective and enjoyable is the worst in many many years you probably have to go back to the relegation season under Roeder. Anyway we are where we are at least we have some players to sell that will bring in some decent cash to balance the books until the flop big earners contracts expire. Where we are in the league or indeed which league we are in in two years tine is anyone''s guess