Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report The AGM 2017

"We won the lottery and pissed it all up the wall"

Something a man with no ownership of the past would say, but arrogant in the extreme to say it in front of those that did the pissing.

Implies that he knows a lot better, so he had better deliver.

You are good at Talking the Talk Stuart. Now it is time to Walk the Walk.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Webber never misses a chance to tell us how tough his job is and how broke we are - always with half an eye on whats around the corner and the next sale.

I note Balls came out after the AGM and said that their "door is open" if people want to invest. Noticeable he said invest rather than buy the club but i suppose its a start. just a shame they have left it til the point where we are about to be broke and start racking up debt which means that in truth investment is required merely to stand still which makes us far less an attractive proposition than at any time in the last 7 or 8 years.[/quote]

Forgive me for thinking that it''s easy to say such things to perhaps try and keep some more fans on side.  Realistically, who in their right mind would invest a significant amount (enough to make a difference) in this club under such tight constraints of the path we have chosen for the club of sporting director, then handing everything over to Master Tom?One would also presume that this request for investment would be in the form of loans that were to be repaid back as per Delia, Foulger as anything more would be a tad rich!

Hoola

Ed Balls stated that there would be 30 mintes or so of Q&A by the time we had spent 10 minutes listening to a guy going on about a resolution and Mission statement and another who addressed Farke (((who had no idea what he was talking about))) asking why the players ambled out instead of running out as a team and why they threw the water bottles to the side line like yobs on the A47 plus a few other nondescript questions it was over.

The BOD must have thought they certainly got off lightly

Mr Farke seems a nice person but like his interviews on Canary Call he skirts round the questions and no one is any wiser after his ramblings

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="City 2nd"]One point West Coast Canary - the fact you suggest you are a long distance plastic says a lot - without the paying Fans, there wouldn’t be a football club, full stop, the life blood of any club is it’s supporters/members, so are they not entitled to have their say, and bearing in mind that many of them are shareholders too, and have in essence bailed this club out. It’s not just about ownership and management all the time. Should supporters start to vote with their feet, and stay away, where does that lead?![/quote]I''m a NCFC fan, and have been for close on 60 years, for the vast majority of which I was a regular at home games, mostly as a season ticket holder, and also regularly travelled to away games. I''m just as entitled to express an opinion as you, just as I''m entitled to my state pension having worked in the UK for the greater part of my working life. 
Fans will always have their say; the issue is how much notice should be taken of fan opinion. Webber is right; this club under the current ownership has taken too much notice too often -- and made a virtue of it. That needs to stop, and hopefully it''s not just Webber who realise it.
[/quote]Some may conclude that listening to the fans less keeps Webber in a job longer."We''re going to listen to you less, but please give us more money, because when we took more notice of you it contributed to us wasting many millions and we now can''t afford to maintain our academy as a result..........."  Well, you have to admire the brazenness I suppose [:^)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Really dislike Webber. Goes far to far with the doom and gloom...[/quote]Yep! I can remember how happy you were until he got the job. [:D]

The thing is, I do think if we''d have had a Webber type figure when we were in the Premier League we may not have ''pissed the money up the wall.''

We didn''t seem to have any real sense of transfer strategy the season we went up. Signings like Naismith, Dorrans and Jarvis made little sense due to the lack of any re-sale value. Invest that money and wages into younger players, like we did with Brady or Redmond and even if we go down we''re in a stronger financial position.

Things are on the up then......as the snow falls.......which will disappear as quickly as it came.....

Is the nephew actually on the NCFC payroll - as I gather from earlier posts he seems to have an important role at the club?......

Tagalong Tom.....soon all this decaying infrastructure, depleted squad, debt, uncertain future and shabby portakabins......will all be yours......Enjoy......

[quote user="king canary"]The thing is, I do think if we''d have had a Webber type figure when we were in the Premier League we may not have ''pissed the money up the wall.''

We didn''t seem to have any real sense of transfer strategy the season we went up. Signings like Naismith, Dorrans and Jarvis made little sense due to the lack of any re-sale value. Invest that money and wages into younger players, like we did with Brady or Redmond and even if we go down we''re in a stronger financial position.[/quote]I don''t think we bought them with re-sale in mind, we bought them because they had Premier League experience which is something we thought we needed.

So have I got this right
1) Fans who didn''t bother to go are annoyed that the fans who did go didn''t ask the questions they thought should be asked.
2) Fans were questioned on the door as to whether they still backed Delia and if they said no, they weren''t allowed in which is why only the happy clappers were in attendance 
I for one think in Stuart Webber & Steve Stone that we have two honest people who openly admit that big mistakes have been made and are working hard to get thing right on and off the pitch.
At the end of the day, everyone has a choice, keep moaning about the past which you can''t change or buy into the future and give them a chance to turn things around.
Here''s Stuart''s interview with Michael Bailey after the AGM, can''t question his honesty can you?
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ART0iVL5iIU&feature=youtu.be [/url]

king canary wrote the following post at 2017-11-30 3:22 PM:

The thing is, I do think if we''d have had a Webber type figure when we were in the Premier League we may not have ''pissed the money up the wall.''

We didn''t seem to have any real sense of transfer strategy the season we went up. Signings like Naismith, Dorrans and Jarvis made little sense due to the lack of any re-sale value. Invest that money and wages into younger players, like we did with Brady or Redmond and even if we go down we''re in a stronger financial position.

We did. His name was David McNally. And what did he do? Pissed the money up the wall!

@King Canary

Further to your post you may be interested in the following article. Skip to the bit on how Southampton go about there’s recruitment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/04/clubs-calculate-cost-transfer-market-leicester-southampton

Maybe this is where Webber is trying to take us, but we will be playing catch up big time. And of course these systems can only be as good as the systems and people put in place.

All well and good, but it looks a long journey and patience may run very thin unless we are shown some light at the end of the tunnel.

Diane - "At the end of the day, everyone has a choice, keep moaning about the

past which you can''t change or buy into the future and give them a

chance to turn things around."Sums it up perfectly for me!

@tccanary

Yes, that was the problem. A club like ours always has to keep resale value in mind as we''re always going to be a selling club no matter what people say. With players like Brady we signed someone with Premier League experience who was young enough that his value would likely go up.

Webber has been doing the right thing by trying to get the average age of the squad down for this exact reason.

I don;t have an issue with the general strategy that Webber is trying to implement in terms iof buying younger players, better scouting ad improving the productivity of the academy. As has been stated above we should have been implementing this type of strategy from a position of strength in the premier league.

Where we have a problem is we are now trying to do it as the money is running out (so we possibly can''t actually fund the infrastructure he needs to do it) and also as fans patience is slim which could well see crowds and income drop further.

But it’s ok, we are a well run Community orientated Club so why all the beef on here? Even if we have another little jaunt to League One it will still be ok because we have absolutely quality people at the top running us brilliantly!

As a side note, has anybody actually got any pictures of the hierarchy pissing our money against a wall, as we all know certain people on here like proof of what they are being told!

NCFC aren''t the only Community Orientated Club.......I think the vast majority of Professional Football Clubs are Community Orientated.....aren''t they?......Why is NCFC a more Community Orientated Club than any other?......

I don''t think there are many clubs out there where someone could go in and say "Actually you''ve got everything spot on. No changes or improvements required."

Fans will always have their say; the issue is how much notice should be taken of fan opinion. Webber is right; this club under the current ownership has taken too much notice too often -- and made a virtue of it. That needs to stop, and hopefully it''s not just Webber who realise it.

Webber said that so the Board do not listen to the Fans asking what he is going to do about the form the rubbish players he has signed and how long Farke has got ,

i Bet Webber would like to hear what the fans were saying if it was full of praise for HIM now the heat is on he wants the board not to listen to fans as much !

Webber... footballs equivalent of Eddie Hearn. Or at least he likes to think he is...

He does share similar morals though, by making out he has good intentions for the club and fans... but ultimately just wants to use players and fans to make money.

Make no mistake, regardless of status. we will always buy to sell with Webber in charge. He is more motivated by buying a player for x amount and selling for three times as much than delivering a long term squad capable of promotion.

Lambert and Mcnally were the complete opposite. Don''t get attached to players too much... can''t see many staying longer than 18 months with Webber.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Webber... footballs equivalent of Eddie Hearn. Or at least he likes to think he is...

He does share similar morals though, by making out he has good intentions for the club and fans... but ultimately just wants to use players and fans to make money.

Make no mistake, regardless of status. we will always buy to sell with Webber in charge. He is more motivated by buying a player for x amount and selling for three times as much than delivering a long term squad capable of promotion.

Lambert and Mcnally were the complete opposite. Don''t get attached to players too much... can''t see many staying longer than 18 months with Webber.[/quote]You''re entitled to an opinion, no matter how stupid it is you''re entitled to it.

I stopped going to these AGM''s when I finally got to ask a question and the response was pretty much "its our club we will do as we want". I had always thought I was a shareholder, but was made to feel like I my opinions didn''t matter as they didn''t fit their agenda.

Under DS we have had:-

1) Share issue

2) Share issue 2

3) "Can we keep your rebate"

4) "Academy Tax" - the extra £20 that you have to opt out off!

5) The 8th highest STs in the 92.

Yet the board still want more from us. Maybe they should do their job and find some external investment!! ....and don''t tell me there are none out there. They just don''t want to give up their cosy little Saturday afternoons out.

After 21 years as a ST holder I am sick of them!

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Webber... footballs equivalent of Eddie Hearn. Or at least he likes to think he is...

Lambert and Mcnally were the complete opposite. Don''t get attached to players too much... can''t see many staying longer than 18 months with Webber.[/quote]You''re entitled to an opinion, no matter how stupid it is you''re entitled to it.

[/quote]

You disagree with my opinion on Webbers motivation? What do you believe it is? Because if you really delve into it, considering what he says and his actions to date, my opinion isn''t really that stupid at all.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Webber... footballs equivalent of Eddie Hearn. Or at least he likes to think he is...

[/quote]

You disagree with my opinion on Webbers motivation? What do you believe it is? Because if you really delve into it, considering what he says and his actions to date, my opinion isn''t really that stupid at all.[/quote]Yes it is.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Webber... footballs equivalent of Eddie Hearn. Or at least he likes to think he is...

[/quote]

You disagree with my opinion on Webbers motivation? What do you believe it is? Because if you really delve into it, considering what he says and his actions to date, my opinion isn''t really that stupid at all.[/quote]Yes it is.

[/quote]

You don''t seem to understand debate. Can you explain why you (rather disrespectfully) disregard my view as ''stupid?''

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Webber... footballs equivalent of Eddie Hearn. Or at least he likes to think he is...

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don''t seem to understand debate. Can you explain why you (rather disrespectfully) disregard my view as ''stupid?''[/quote]Because it''s stupid, there''s no other way to describe it.

You''re digging yourself in deep Lincoln, talking about respect after your "stubborn old cow" comment earlier in this thread. Whatever mistakes have been made, there have been enough good times that the majority shareholders deserve some respect for that......oh yes, I forgot, any success would have been in spite of them.  Silly me.

[quote user="lake district canary"]You''re digging yourself in deep Lincoln, talking about respect after your "stubborn old cow" comment earlier in this thread. Whatever mistakes have been made, there have been enough good times that the majority shareholders deserve some respect for that......oh yes, I forgot, any success would have been in spite of them.  Silly me.

[/quote]

Don''t act clever LDC. We all know you exist on this thread to be controversial and play the innocent card. I literally don''t believe anything you type is truly your actual view or opinion. You enjoy being the minority, which motivates what you type.