Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Good game.

Instead of just whinging endlessly what should we actually do? Come up with some decent proposals of how the club can go forward.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Hello!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Hilarious to see grown men wallowing in delight at a defeat 😂

My four year old has got more self respect.[/quote]

Who has wallowed in defeat? People are just pointing out what a moronic post it is, and the post is getting the exact reaction the poster wanted it to get...[/quote]Moronic post? Really?  I get that people don''t like losing, neither do I. It was only two or three weeks ago I posted on a Saturday that I could barely bring myself to sit and watch a match, the performances were getting so dull - but you couldn''t say that today.  I may be an armchair exile, but the same principles apply as any supporter - I comment as I find - and today I thought we played well in a tough game at a tough venue. [/quote]In isolation, I agree with your analysis of today''s performance Lakey, but it''s within the context of one win in nine that it winds people up. Yes we played pretty well today, but we failed to score again, and we lost again. As I said in my previous post, four winnable matches coming up - and only wins are going to allay the mounting fears of our supporters.[/quote]^^^^THIS^^^^[Y][Y][Y]

Sorry but you can''t keep going on week after week that we played well but lost or that we created lots of chances but didn''t score.This is not due to luck or dodgy decisions by the ref. Sooner or later the penny will drop and more & more people will realise that there is something fundamentally wrong.Football is a game that''s all about scoring and winning, not hard luck stories.

Crap.

Lots of the ball and no penetration as of many games this season.

It’s stale already and teams have worked us out. Zzzzz

It’s so boring

Reality check. 1 win in 10

The way I see it this is the price we pay for making the changes so many wanted. There''s definitely been improvement in our attacking play the last few games but it''s nowhere near the level we were at under Alex Neil. I remain patient because of the scale of change. The changes have been made with the intention of laying foundations for the future. The players seem happy to buy into this which is a plus. Seeing young players nailing down first team places with the real possibility of more to come is another plus.

My negative thought tonight is 3-3 last season or at best we could have got 0-0 this.

Big concern that people''s identities are being revealed tbh. It''s important to many, myself included, that they can post in anonymity.

How is it possible to discover someone''s identity anyway?

Two wrongs don''t make a right. Even for the most sanctimonious happy clapper.

I would imagine its against the code of conduct.

Didn''t the same thing happen with old Ron Manager.

It looks as if we lost a good poster as a result of that.

Bad form imo.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Big concern that people''s identities are being revealed tbh. It''s important to many, myself included, that they can post in anonymity.

How is it possible to discover someone''s identity anyway?

Two wrongs don''t make a right. Even for the most sanctimonious happy clapper.[/quote]Quite a few on here have known each other socially for years.I agree that posting on here and risk having your ID exposed to all and sundry is something that should be discouraged. 

It seems double standards will always prevail on here. Baldy chucked Edwards out there and I chucked his name. Others joined the dots. It happened because Norwich lost so posters came looking for a sanctimonious happy clapper. It seems some posters want immunity from their own standards of posting. Including you Hairy...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It seems double standards will always prevail on here. Baldy chucked Edwards out there and I chucked his name. Others joined the dots. It happened because Norwich lost so posters came looking for a sanctimonious happy clapper. It seems some posters want immunity from their own standards of posting. Including you Hairy...[/quote]You might want to re-phrase that....[:D]

i don''t have time for one of your drawn out tactical diatribes Nigel, arguing the semantics of who actually said what in minute detail in order to avoid confronting the nub of the issue being discussed.

Nothing to do with the result as far as I''m concerned. Simple fact is he shouldn''t have named you and you shouldnt have named him, however you want to twist things that wa wrong and will remain the case.

I''ll leave you to it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If you bothered to look Smiffy you would see I replied to Crafty.[/quote]Quite true but it was in that now-so-handily-deleted post you also named Baldyboy.If they start a '' Pedant of the Year '' award I know where my votes going [;)]

Indeed. But as Hairy pointed out it was the second of two wrongs compounded by you and Tilly joining the dots. I have never argued that I wasn''t wrong to do it. But that''s the way I post. I''ll play wherever the others want to play.

Can I just ask - not trying to be inflammatory - but why would anyone be worried or care if somebody knows their name?

I can only think that it’s because they post differently to the way they are in person (not true of Baldy or Nutty btw). What other benefit does anonymity provide?

People can post anonymously for whatever reason. That''s fine.

What isn''t fine is someone else taking away that choice for them.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Can I just ask - not trying to be inflammatory - but why would anyone be worried or care if somebody knows their name?

I can only think that it’s because they post differently to the way they are in person (not true of Baldy or Nutty btw). What other benefit does anonymity provide?[/quote]Fair question Duncan. The benefit is a degree of security. The internet hides all manner of nasties so if some nutter wants to cause you harm it stands to reason it''ll easier to find out all about you with a name to go on. Sure, it''s probably a right faff if it''s a John Smith you''re looking for but it can be done. It''s scarily easy otherwise.People don''t help themselves of course. Posting messages on social media waving bling around on a sun drenched beach must invite a visit from Burglar Bill and what possesses people to post pictures of their kids on open sites I''ll never understand.

There are problems with outing posters, I recall posters like that King Crimson chap threatening to kill people on here, he would need to hide his identity for his own safety I guess.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 16/12/2017 10:17 PM:

It seems double standards will always prevail on here. Baldy chucked Edwards out there and I chucked his name. Others joined the dots. It happened because Norwich lost so posters came looking for a sanctimonious happy clapper. It seems some posters want immunity from their own standards of posting. Including you Hairy...

It''s a tad disingenuous to suggest you have been outed Nutty when your boy posts under his actual name and often refers to you in posts as Dad. Even Duncan''s four year old could work that one out.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Well this thread has turned into a s hit show[/quote] [:D]