Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

Chase v's delia

It was I believe based on reports at the time Nutty that they paid Watling circa £700kfor his shareholding. They then acquired their tensing shares at the value of £25 per share I believe.

Officially of course the amount paid was "undisclosed"

It was more of a scrapbook that he’s made of his favourite Norwich City moments than a photography business

Mike, this is what Lambert said shortly after he left us and took over at Villa...

“I had three brilliant years there, but I am now probably the worst

manager in the club’s history because I have left,” he said. “I’m sure

the fans are a little hurt that I have gone, but that is all I will say

on the matter.

“I had my reasons to leave but I gave Norwich City

everything I had. You are asking me, ‘Is there anything the club

could’ve done to keep me?’

“I think the best way to say it is I had my reasons and

they were good reasons. When you have had success at any football club

there is always a time to leave.
That is football. I have never looked

back in my time and felt I had any regrets. I’d like to think I wouldn’t

get a bad reception when I go back – that would be a very sad thing,

but I can’t help that. The Norwich crowd were brilliant, really

brilliant for me.”

His decision. Club didn''t want him to go but he''d had his three years and wanted to move on. There wasn''t anything the club could have done to keep him because, to him, whatever we did wouldn''t be able to compete with the challenge he had at Villa.

[quote user="Mike "]LOL.

Fact - we are on our worst run at home since 1999

Fact - We have sold all our best players over the last few years. Despite having the best injection of money in our history

Fact - Our current squad is far weaker than last year

Fact - We have a training facility not fit for purpose

Fact - The person best identified to take over as our majority shareholder has no money to invest and has zero experience in that role apart from a board that admits to many mistakes

Fact - Our scouting system over the years has not been fit for purpose

Fact - We have to sell before strengthening and we are have a weakened team as a result

Fact - The club will seek money from us the fans to keep its Category One status

Fact - The atmosphere at Carrow Road is appalling

Fact - We pay the most in Championship to watch our football

Fact - The £700k spent on Moxey was a disgrace and a complete waste of money

I could go on and on but I feel you''d still accept the situation in a cold dispassionate manner so it''s pointless..

Maybe if more of us got passionate rather than your matter of fact condensing tone, we''d see a club culture far more suited to professional competition.

Have a lovely weekend.[/quote]To be fair they''re not all facts.

Why did the Smiths turn down Peter Cullum''s offer of investment then tell us there is no investment out there?

Why have we not been told the real reason the Turners, who ran a similar business to Cullum, left around the time his offee was rejected?

We spiralled into league 1 not long after....

#deliaout

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It was I believe based on reports at the time Nutty that they paid Watling circa £700kfor his shareholding. They then acquired their tensing shares at the value of £25 per share I believe.

Officially of course the amount paid was "undisclosed"[/quote]
Is this that 2008 thread compiled by our wonderful FPAs?

[quote user="JF"]The way I see it is that we are the envy of other fans with our local ownership model. You tell me what other clubs wouldn’t want a board of a cook, a failed politician, a local chicken factory owner and civil servant Tom. [/quote]Well he was a cabinet minister and shadow Chancellor, so I guessing that most of us would be pretty happy if Norwich could fail at football to the same level as Ed Balls failed as at politics but don''t for a minute let reality cloud your prejudices.

This bull crap of always being a yo-yo club, since we gained top flight football in 1972 to 1996 we were only relegated 3 times and each time came back up.

Since the new owners we’ve only managed 5 seasons top flight in 21. I’m not sure that’s a yo-yo club but an established championship club with an occasional venture up and down! But it’s become accepted, as our clubs fans have grown old with Delia and accept this as the norm now!

Times have indeed changed.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/12/2017 10:21 AM:

Indy, your lot also had a similar record in the old division one but a far worse PL record than us.

So it’s not about supporting Norwich now but the owners?

You said them and us. Came across as Chase and Delia. Though I may have read the meaning wrongly

You did JF. They put stars on their shirts during their successful period in division one. We have the better PL record though. You should ask Indy to show you his photo album....

Nutty on his normal crusade......can’t accept big bob was a far more successful owner than the current owner.

Boring old Nutty, I’m still waiting on that picture of Delia with that reverse Norwich City colour hat and reverse rosette she claims!

Still not even you come up with that! Just your typical diversions and attacks.💤💤💤💤

Funny enough fat Bob was a far more successful owner, got what he deserved very quickly, this regime wanted my money when I bought my shares to fund Huckerby, who’s first years wages were covered by someone else, then took full credit for his signature!

After that they saw us with a debt increase to 20 odd million, even with all the land deals which fat Bob had left the club with....

Relegation to the third division and 15 seasons at this level, and yet people still think we’re a yo-yo club! Now with cap in hand they expect the fans to fund upgrades to Colney, even though we’ve got high season ticket prices and additional £19 donations!

This is exactly why I haven’t renewed my season ticket for the first time in 20 odd years and only go as and when I choose to.

We’re not allowed to have a different view to Nutty if we do we’re binners, when nutty wanted proof of auntieDelia in her Ipswich Clobber I provided it and now he tries to use it as a bullying tactic.

He’s just an old timer who thinks he’s actually part of Norwich City, he thinks they care that he personally buys his ticket and turns up each week to clap along......they really couldn’t give a shot Nutty, you’re just a cash cow to fund their club.

He’s just an old timer who thinks he’s actually part of Norwich City, he thinks they care that he personally buys his ticket and turns up each week to clap along......they really couldn’t give a shot Nutty, you’re just a cash cow to fund their club. 
I think they think that of all of us, personally.  

It is kind of ironic that certain posters get called binners when having an opinion against the owners. Yet type Delia Smith Ipswich into any search engine and then click on images and there she is in her full Ipswich supporting gear....

[quote user="JF"]It is kind of ironic that certain posters get called binners when having an opinion against the owners. Yet type Delia Smith Ipswich into any search engine and then click on images and there she is in her full Ipswich supporting gear....[/quote]There is one photo from about 30 plus years ago with a rosette??!!

That’s more than enough! Would you ware anything Ipswich as a Norwich fan? I know I wouldn’t. Fact is, she’s a binner lol

[quote user="JF"]That’s more than enough! Would you ware anything Ipswich as a Norwich fan? I know I wouldn’t. Fact is, she’s a binner lol[/quote]Roy Waller did, was he a binner?

Listen I don’t make the rules of the forum,I’m just following them. Binners

[quote user="JF"]It is kind of ironic that certain posters get called binners when having an opinion against the owners. Yet type Delia Smith Ipswich into any search engine and then click on images and there she is in her full Ipswich supporting gear....[/quote]

I think trotting out the Delia in an Ipswich scarf thing is a bit of a red herring and undermines the very credible arguments there are as to why she and MWJ should step aside and try and find new owners. I have no doubt the Ipswich scarf incident did happen but I also have no doubt she is a passionate fan of the club and have never subscribed to the line that she has anything but good intentions. I just think they are misguided, a bit stubborn and unfortunately not hugely ambitious and make some poor decisions.

I''m a supposed geordiebinnerkeyboardwarriortimidtimchurchmouseboardhatingmiserabelisticbellend......but hey, at least I''ve been noticed....

[quote user="JF"]It is kind of ironic that certain posters get called binners when having an opinion against the owners. Yet type Delia Smith Ipswich into any search engine and then click on images and there she is in her full Ipswich supporting gear....[/quote]
See I thought you were an honest poster and an honest person. But it seems that this all goes out of the window when you get disappointed by our football team. Have I called you a binner? Ever? Even though we often disagree I don''t believe I have. Why would I? You clearly are not a binner. 
I called Indy a binner not you or any other Norwich supporter.
[quote user="Indy"]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/kenozanne/DELIATOWNSUPPORTER.jpg You bought this up Nutty, proof isn''t a quote![/quote]
Why would a Norwich fan post that? Does this binner photo album come up in google search?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]It was I believe based on reports at the time Nutty that they paid Watling circa £700kfor his shareholding. They then acquired their tensing shares at the value of £25 per share I believe.

Officially of course the amount paid was "undisclosed"[/quote]
Is this that 2008 thread compiled by our wonderful FPAs?
[/quote]
Bumped for Jimbo.

NN, I didn’t say you had called me that and in fairness I do post a lot of stuff tongue in cheek!